PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Training Ground Bought (Confirmed)

So what happens to the plans for Ingol. They conveniently declined to comment on that. So assuming Ingol is now dead in the water, of the £10m to £14m budgetted for Ingol (not sure what the final figure was after all the downgrading of the original plans), we will have a nice balance left over to improve the playing squad? Have I got that right Trev? (I'm not holding my breath, the Ingol debacle was a disgraceful way to treat our supporters).

I’m not sure it will be the end of Ingol. There’s probably zero chance Preston council will pass the land currently designated for the training ground for housing, whereas the land at Euxton is next to Buckshaw Village with a lot of the other land locally being passed for redevelopment. Therefore, I can see the club using Euxton for a number of years until Ingol Is ready then seeking to cash in and redevelop it.

Firstly, thank you for taking a point I raised and providing your opinion, which I totally respect albeit it differs from mine.
Without abuse. going off topic or bringing abstract thoughts or concepts with no relation to my post. If only a small minority of posters could learn from your example.
Which I would love to be proven at a later date for the benefit of our club, but even with a statement of intent from PR I’d be doubtful under current management.

This and the ingol dev are unrelated. This was a good opportunity that, for once, the club have taken advantage of.

Whilst I've never been fully sold on the importance of having a crackshot training ground it seems that, at the least, more space was needed to accommodate all age groups and now we have that.

None of this excuses or mitigates the appalling PR blunders and treatment of honest fans related to ingol and the club have simply got to understand that. And act.

They are making a few cosmetic upgrades first like painting and all that, but should be moving in quickly.

Believe the 16s will also be based at Springfields along with the 18s.

If I were you I’d forget about Ingol.

Do you mean 'all Under 16's# i.e. down to the U9's etc or just the U 16's that Gally coaches with the U15's and lower still at Uclan ?

Do you mean 'all Under 16's# i.e. down to the U9's etc or just the U 16's that Gally coaches with the U15's and lower still at Uclan ?
Do we know how much the club pays to UCLAN?

Is it likely to leave much of a black hole in the sports arena finances?

Its great news for the club, I am sure AN and the players are delighted. It should help us attract players also as its where they go to work day to day.

I'm grateful as always to Hemmings for putting his money into the club when its such a whopping amount of money P/A that is needed for us to compete. I know some think he could/should do more and I see the argument but we can't force him to.

However...I do think the way they're skirting around the Ingol issue and the subsequent anger of the people that helped them push through the planning is a PR disaster. I don't think they ever had much intention of building it if they're honest. The club could have such a better relationship with the fan base. They just seem to chose not to.
Won't attract Jack shit it's the wages that attract players.

Whilst I never expected the statement to mention Ingol.

The Advisor said:
This purchase delivers on our promise to bring Premier League training facilities to the football club

I would expect the line above to sting a little bit for those supporters who put in so much effort to help them gain planning permission.

I wonder if anyone at the club has had the curtsey to contact them directly?

The club will save a significant amount by moving the younger sides to Springfields.

Going to go against the grain and say I dont mind this at all. I havent ever seen Wigan's facility, but it seems as though it is a significant step up from our current premises.

Ingol is finished and I dont really care, didnt trust Hemmings at the time to invest any emotional capital into the development and I definitely understand why those who did are pissed off. However we've gone from a pipe dream of a Prem Facility to a ready made complex that we can move into very soon. Somewhere that we can be proud to show to prospective players, not embarrassed.

Anywhere is a step up from Springfields, the club itself has said so in the past and that is why they were going to spend a tidy sum to bring it up to any sort of standard.

One of the reasons that Wigan were selling it cheap, not the main reason of course, but why it was cheap is that it was “Premier League standard” 10 to 15 years ago but Ingol would have been an up to date high quality Premier League standard training facility now had Hemmings done as he promised.