PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

White surrender flags at Euxton

The mess we are in is that we are staring at the very real possibility of our squad being decimated in a matter of months and facing an almost entire rebuild.

I'd say that's fairly messy.
That decimation of this talented squad is a terrible thought. The cherry on the cake that could only be done in North End fashion is that the squad will be decimated with a grand total of fuck all to show for it and put towards the rebuild.

Was it not on MOTD a couple of weeks back when a similar situation occurred and I think it was Danny Murphy (or Shearer) who said "the game had gone, you dont chase it and make it worse; you go into damage limitation mode"...

I thought Neil had said, try to keep the score as it is until the last 15 and then have a go...... by then we'd given Ty a tap in

I would have just settled for some of them running !!! and that includes the 1st half in a couple of cases.
Where does he say that??

As for quoting Shearer, he did so well in the few games he had as caretaker at Newcastle he never bothered again.

That decimation of this talented squad is a terrible thought. The cherry on the cake that could only be done in North End fashion is that the squad will be decimated with a grand total of fuck all to show for it and put towards the rebuild.
Should the worst case scenario come to fruition and we lose all of those who are ooc, there is NOTHING to look forward to in the rebuild, a couple of lads from LoI, some freebies released from L1 and L2 and possibly some PL academy cast offs...

Where is the unlimited amount of money coming from, you putting it in? Players come and go, always have and always will. We've lost a lot better than these charlatans in the not to distant past so don't worry yerself.
A lot of folk on here very good at spending other folks cash whilst offering the Square root of fuck all themselves.
That's a novel argument from you! Why have you never said it before?

Should the worst case scenario come to fruition and we lose all of those who are ooc, there is NOTHING to look forward to in the rebuild, a couple of lads from LoI, some freebies released from L1 and L2 and possibly some PL academy cast offs...
The Championship clearly doesn't suit Trev. I think he'd prefer Premier League or League 1, this is like limbo.

In League 1 you can pay lower wages and it's easier to have a rebuild leading to a promotion season to then build momentum into a good season in the Championship for Play-Offs. That is where we where when we came up under Grayson and all the noise wa made about Premier League ambitions.

Obviously the Premier League speaks for itself in appeal, massive TV money, gate money, Play-Off money etc. and then parachutes. Basically we'd likely get hammered week in week out but there'd be some serious coin involved.

Right now we're in no mans land. Having to fork out decent money on wages and transfers to tread water. If the mass exodus does happen at the end of the season with little to no income, League 1 for a rebuild is a real possibility.

No it’s rank bad management for you. Keep paying and investing peanuts you will get monkeys and a shit show, as Tuesday proves.
The shit show players that took Brentford to the cleaners and were minutes away at Norwich. The problems lie deeper, Tuesday was simply a lack of application, organisation and the team spirit required from Preston North End football team.
We have had bad results through history even non league teams beating us that’s football but its the way we approached and threw the game. If I am over reacting fair enough but this squad is more than capable but we did not compete to the standard expected from the fans of the club and I can't remember this happening before.

The Championship clearly doesn't suit Trev. I think he'd prefer Premier League or League 1, this is like limbo.

In League 1 you can pay lower wages and it's easier to have a rebuild leading to a promotion season to then build momentum into a good season in the Championship for Play-Offs. That is where we where when we came up under Grayson and all the noise wa made about Premier League ambitions.

Obviously the Premier League speaks for itself in appeal, massive TV money, gate money, Play-Off money etc. and then parachutes. Basically we'd likely get hammered week in week out but there'd be some serious coin involved.

Right now we're in no mans land. Having to fork out decent money on wages and transfers to tread water. If the mass exodus does happen at the end of the season with little to no income, League 1 for a rebuild is a real possibility.
I've felt this was the case for some time. The only downside is a League 1 club would be less saleable, given the big reduction in TV income. There's no doubt though, as a Championship club, we just aren't sustainable.

I've felt this was the case for some time. The only downside is a League 1 club would be less saleable, given the big reduction in TV income. There's no doubt though, as a Championship club, we just aren't sustainable.
As a League One club we‘re a lot less attractive to prospective buyers are you say. And our playing assets would be worth a lot less.

League One is certainly the highest level at which Hemmings is willing to compete. In many cases we‘ve actually signed much better players when we were in League One than since our return to this level.

The shit show players that took Brentford to the cleaners and were minutes away at Norwich.
No, not those players.

Pearson and Davies played those games. (Davies was subbed before Norwich equalised.)

Two established Championship players we're trying to retain by offering them peanuts in Championship terms.

So far they're not signing, and as we can see, our squad depth isn't up to the task of replacing them.

Rank bad management, as Joan said.

No, not those players.

Pearson and Davies played those games. (Davies was subbed before Norwich equalised.)

Two established Championship players we're trying to retain by offering them peanuts in Championship terms.

So far they're not signing, and as we can see, our squad depth isn't up to the task of replacing them.

Rank bad management, as Joan said.
So we agree then the manager didn't manage Tuesday

Where does he say that??

As for quoting Shearer, he did so well in the few games he had as caretaker at Newcastle he never bothered again.
in his interview....

I didnt quote anyone... I said on MOTD and who I thought might have said it...

But if being a failed caretaker manager means his opinions would not count then nobody on the forum can have a valid opinion.

Why? I honestly don't get why it matters. Same as to his lack of smiling.

All I care about is what happens on the pitch.
Of course what happens on the pitch is the most important thing.

However it’s nice for the fans to feel wanted and appreciated , like they’ve played a part.

Its not hard to walk over to an away end and clap the fans for a couple of minutes.

Grayson did this all the time and it went a hell of a long way with the supporters.

Where does he say that??
in his interview....

sports rehab is muddling his quotes - when AN talked about waiting until the last 15 minutes to try and get something out of the game, that was if the scoreline had still been 0-1 with 10 men.

That plan was out of the window as soon as it went 0-2, and (as has widely been reported) from that point AN gave up on the game - as he stated in the very same interview that sports rehab is referring to.

Transcript follows:

iFollow interview said:
Interviewer: [If we] come in at 0-0, they'd be the frustrated side, the gameplan in effect had worked for you.

AN: I wouldn't necessarily say it's a gameplan I'd opted to have, but with what we've got currently available with the number of injuries we've got, that's the best way for us to play, to give ourselves the chance to get something out of the game.

And the simple fact is, when we go down to 10 men, that gameplan is absolutely gone at that point, and the best that we can hope for really, is that we get to the last 15 minutes with 1-0 and then we can maybe have a rally up and go and try and get something out of the game.

But unfortunately, we go to a back 3, which should have been really comfortable just to keep a back 5 intact, because what they do is push their 2 full backs on, become a front 3, which means they've got 5 across the top end of the pitch.

If we'd stayed to a back 4 we'd've been stretched too much, and we wouldn't have got out to the ball, we'd've been damaged at some point.

And I thought the decision for the 2nd goal was ridiculous... one simple ball slipped down the side and we concede.

So when that happens, as far as I'm concerned, at that point it's damage limitation, and we just don't want to concede too many goals, and let's get the game over with and move onto the next one.

So. It's not the way I'd want us to play, but unfortunately that's where we are at the moment.

Interview link (from about 1:30 - find the one called "Alex Neil On Blackburn Rovers Defeat")