PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Alex Neil You're An Embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly do you want him to say.

Because it seems to me that whenever we’ve lost in the league this season, and he says the players have done okay, people start crying about that and call him deluded.

Now we’ve lost a game and he’s been pretty scathing afterwards, people don’t want to hear that either.
With respect Kbd, you can dress it up how you like but surely fan's are entitled to question the preparation and team section. We have better players and resources than Wycombe. Neil has to shoulder the blame, he is the manager.

You’ve answered your own question through your use of the word distraction - surely to focus on the league when our form is all over the place Is more logical? That explains the team selection today, he’s handed the underperformers enough rope to hang themselves and they have duly obliged. Potts, Stockley, Ripley, and Bayliss were woeful and that’s why Neil’s comments afterwards were so honest.
The suggestion that we need to sack Neil because someone else (unidentifiable by his detractors) would be better for PNE is ridiculous - we sit mid table because we are a mid table club at best, but one that occasionally punches above our weight for a bit before missing out on the play-offs.
The FA cup is of no value to the teams at this level unless you believe that a fairy tale is somehow going to manifest itself.
Not saying for one minute that we'd win the FA Cup final, yes that really would be a fairy tale! Not have I called for AN to be sacked. His record with us in this competition though is an absolute joke an you cannot deny that.

With respect Kbd, you can dress it up how you like but surely fan's are entitled to question the preparation and team section. We have better players and resources than Wycombe. Neil has to shoulder the blame, he is the manager.
I didn’t say people aren’t entitled to question the manager’s tactics or team selections.

It’s the bed wetting about what he says in press conferences, no matter what he says, which I can’t fathom.

Last edited:
He also somehow has a reputation for developing players, but today the guys he's been working on for the last 2 or 3 years were hopeless: "people ask why they haven't been playing and I think it was quite clear why today".

As if it was nothing to do with him!

Can defend the guy on plenty, but he's not developed young players well, though I think that's also supposed to be down to coaching staff.

Storey hasn't improved like we hoped. Harrop certainly hasn't. Davies, Fisher and Browne have to a degree? Robinson and Ledson definitely did. Earl still has the same defensive issues, though injuries have hampered him a lot. Young punts like Ginnelly and Simpson came and went. Jury still out on Bayliss and the youth players who haven't had a chance, though I'm not optimistic there.

I didn’t say people aren’t entitled to question the manager’s tactics or team selections.

It’s the bed wetting about what he says in press conferences, no matter what he says, which I can’t fathom.
He doesn't help himself though with his Grant Mitchell impression, I guess some of the lads let everyone down today. Too many first choice players missing today highlighting our lack of quality in depth. I think we will see a big improvement over the next few games.

If this is what this forum is about then I don’t think it’s the place for me.

im sure I’ll get a sarcastic “bye” .

I’ve always a section of our fan base was shit. This thread is embarrassing

If this is what this forum is about then I don’t think it’s the place for me.

im sure I’ll get a sarcastic “bye” .

I’ve always a section of our fan base was shit. This thread is embarrassing
Just look at it as light entertainment.
There's fuck all on telly.

The way I look at it is quite simple.

A manager is there to pick a winning team no matter what, fans want to see their team win, or at least attempt to.

So that doesn’t include pulling a rag tag group together who don’t fit or function because of resting players and then complain about the performance.

That’s your job Alex, to get them performing.

Today’s effort was pure embarrassment, it was badly put together and badly organised.

It is your job Alex.

As a fan I am disgusted and hugely disappointed by what I saw today and if you get sacked tomorrow I won’t shed a tear.

Ainsworth showed you up today.

It was shite.

Today showed what 2-3 transfer windows of dross gets you when you field a weakened team, which he has to not to risk injury to certain players and also to give certain players a must needed rest so we can focus on what is always the number 1 priority, the league.

What you have to remember as well is the regular starters as they have come to be known are meant to be pushed by the rest of the squad for their place, they're not being pushed by the likes of Ripley, Rafferty, Bayliss, Stockley and Storey because they're simply not up to scratch at this present time. Age is an excuse for Storey and Bayliss because they're for the future.

It's not AN fault he has proven himself more than capable at the helm, but give him cheap tools to work with and you will end up with a cheap finished product.

Hopefully things are changing as current signings and rumours are showing.
You say current signings, er I'm hoping they are going to be permanent ones as the so called "big 4" will be going permanently, not on loan. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that we've acted quickly but we really need some permanent acquisitions now

Youths players aside who else would you have fielded? Stockley should be nowhere near the team, but other than that

Johnson and Davies are never risked for cup games
Barky injured
Browne just back from injury
Fisher not risked due to injury troubles
Sinclair and Pearo injured
Rudd injured

I’m failing to see what other team you’d like?

This is what the forums bottom feeders don't understand.

Whilst I think Alex needs to shoulder some of the blame for the team he put out etc, I agree he was right to 'call out' some of the players.

He said what many of us were thinking/saw and the clear lack of effort from some was disgusting.
I'm here too. Apart from the shit subbing, (nobody needs 90 mins of Stockley) I fail to see how the players aren't responsible for that bollocks. Bayliss? Ledson? Why aren't you playing? Because if that today

People slated Grayson's style but we played far better football that the dross we have seen over the past 12 months. I remember when Neil first came, he bollocked players for passing backwards. Since then we have developed into a team that pass backwards more than any team I know. Along with the dreadful long ball style we now see I don't know why he has changed style so much. I can only think he doesn't trust the players he has at his disposal so has resorted to the safety first, long ball crap we see today.
The fact that people slated Grayson as much as they did shows that North End does have a lot of moaning cunts tbf. He brought in some really good players, made nearly all of them better through good coaching and management and left for a bigger status club.

You can't play attacking football when you have to field players like Earl and Rafferty.

Some on the forum could beat them on the wing and then out jump them at the back post.

Hughes and Fisher in those positions and those goals don't happen, simple as.
In large I agree with you but Fisher is weak in the air at the back post

Certainly feel Earl has had a bad game and his other outings have been much more positive. Put it down as an awful day of the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.