PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Alex Neil You're An Embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't play attacking football when you have to field players like Earl and Rafferty.

Some on the forum could beat them on the wing and then out jump them at the back post.

Hughes and Fisher in those positions and those goals don't happen, simple as.
Yeah because Fisher never gets beat at the back post or gives stupid pens away does he?

Also Earl is a better attacking threat than Hughes so you can play attacking football with him.

Listen to Alex Neil's post match interview as well, he told the players do not get too tight to Impenza and what does Earl do and then what happens?

You can't blame Alex Neil if the players do not follow his instructions or do the footballing basics.

Listen to Alex Neil's post match interview as well, he told the players do not get too tight to Impenza and what does Earl do and then what happens?

You can't blame Alex Neil if the players do not follow his instructions or do the footballing basics.
Who’s Impenza ?

I use to drive one of them.

Lets say he left tonight.

Who do you realistically replace him with to play Barcelona 2011 or Arsenal 2004 or Lashers 2010 or Burnley 2009 or Bournemouth 2014 footy as people seem to be wanting?

"JD puts his feet up as he expects a long wait for a credible answer..."
I watched Accrington with a squad assembled from mainly Non League players last night show at Charlton loads of signs not seen under Neill ( barring the odd game at Deepdale for almost a year ) throwing themselves into tackles , blocks , movement , pace , energy , work rate , some football ( went long when necessary ) and generally a delight to watch - that’s not taken money , then I watch us in the last 12 months under AN abs mainly it’s utter garbage , negative sterile rubbish ..

I don’t care that apparently some of these players are his 3rd / 4th choice and League position under his tenure is more than respectable based on squad spend / wages etc but IMO Pulis , Allardyce , Cowleys , Monk and Neil are all the same little or no entertainment , I know we don’t have the players to play top draw football but surely nobody can be happy watching this Manager and his tactics.

So you can never blame Neil as it’s always the players fault , no matter who he picks, the tactics we use the formation he plays, The dull boring negative hoof ball up to our 1 striker at home usually Maguire against 2 big centre backs . He is the one who is supposed to get the best out of the players at his disposal do you think he’s doing that , do you think the type of football we are playing is entertaining. Do you think calling out the players today on a media outlet will galvanise the squad or piss them off . He’s not to blame for everything but he’s definitely got to share responsibility for a lot of the shite we have witnessed in the last twelve months and today was one of the worst examples.

I watched Accrington with a squad assembled from mainly Non League players last night show at Charlton loads of signs not seen under Neill ( barring the odd game at Deepdale for almost a year ) throwing themselves into tackles , blocks , movement , pace , energy , work rate , some football ( went long when necessary ) and generally a delight to watch - that’s not taken money , then I watch us in the last 12 months under AN abs mainly it’s utter garbage , negative sterile rubbish ..

I don’t care that apparently some of these players are his 3rd / 4th choice and League position under his tenure is more than respectable based on squad spend / wages etc but IMO Pulis , Allardyce , Cowleys , Monk and Neil are all the same little or no entertainment , I know we don’t have the players to play top draw football but surely nobody can be happy watching this Manager and his tactics.
Imo, Pulis is history now. Allardyce on his way out, Cowleys I don't see a rush for their signature and Monk is dead and buried.
Neil would get another job no problemo.

So you can never blame Neil as it’s always the players fault , no matter who he picks, the tactics we use the formation he plays, The dull boring negative hoof ball up to our 1 striker at home usually Maguire against 2 big centre backs . He is the one who is supposed to get the best out of the players at his disposal do you think he’s doing that , do you think the type of football we are playing is entertaining. Do you think calling out the players today on a media outlet will galvanise the squad or piss them off . He’s not to blame for everything but he’s definitely got to share responsibility for a lot of the shite we have witnessed in the last twelve months and today was one of the worst examples.

Never said you can't blame Alex Neil, he has to shoulder blame at different times and I think publicly at times he has, today is not one of those days.

You can't get any better out of Rafferty and Stockley, they're simply not up to the task due to their physical limitations and over his tenure he has got a lot better out of players such as Browne, Robinson, Hugill, Davies, Fisher, Cunningham, Johnson, Pearson, Barky and recently Sinclair.

Look at the bigger picture at times Lenny, look at what he has at his disposal due to the owner tying one hand behind his back with signings, then you will see that at times he has had no other choice than to play the players he has in the positions he has.

I wish he was a bit more flexible than his 4-2-3-1 formation at times but nobody's perfect.

Do you think a better manager would get more out of the likes of Stockley, Earl, Rafferty, Ripley?

Have you watched Accy all season to comment on the other games and the way they play?

They've also come up through leagues that are a lot easier to move through than playing in the Championship.

Have you watched Accy all season to comment on the other games and the way they play?

They've also come up through leagues that are a lot easier to move through than playing in the Championship.
That’s the first time I’ve watched them this season Ron but a few times in the last season ,frankly I could pick most sides in the EFL that try and play positive football except us in the last 12 - 14 months under AN ( barring Brentford , Bournemouth , Leeds and 45 mins v Blackburn ) , you appear to be happy to watch the set up and style of play we see 9/10 games from AN and that’s fine I personally am bored rigid even when we win it’s rarely exciting ... just my opinion 👍

Never said you can't blame Alex Neil, he has to shoulder blame at different times and I think publicly at times he has, today is not one of those days.

You can't get any better out of Rafferty and Stockley, they're simply not up to the task due to their physical limitations and over his tenure he has got a lot better out of players such as Browne, Robinson, Hugill, Davies, Fisher, Cunningham, Johnson, Pearson, Barky and recently Sinclair.

Look at the bigger picture at times Lenny, look at what he has at his disposal due to the owner tying one hand behind his back with signings, then you will see that at times he has had no other choice than to play the players he has in the positions he has.

I wish he was a bit more flexible than his 4-2-3-1 formation at times but nobody's perfect.

Do you think a better manager would get more out of the likes of Stockley, Earl, Rafferty, Ripley
No not out of the four you mention, but Browne has mostly be shite this season , fisher is becoming a liability Johnson again not been at his best this season , Barky again has had a poor season compared to last season , Robinson Hugill and Cunningham weren’t his signings yes he improved them from when Grayson had them but they had more experience were older so for some players they just get better with those attributes, so there is a possibility that it wasn’t all down to Neil, but maybe yes . But what about Baylis , Earl , Storey , who looked good prospects but seem to have gone backwards it works both ways. I completely agree about the owner but as I said it’s his job to get the best out of the players he has and for far to many games this season especially he has failed to do that

I’ve paid to watch Stanley half a dozen times this season on ifollow and last night’s match is how they have played in all the other matches. Its exciting attacking football compared with the fare at Deepdale. I have watched every minute of every match Pne have played this season except for first 30 minutes today through technical difficulties. You can dis it all you want but they aren’t so far behind North End in the football pyramid. Gareth Ainsworth proved today what you can achieve with lesser players if they’ve got energy and work hard for the team.

To be fair, there were loads of players out there who regardless of selection, tactics, whatever, had a huge opportunity to change their careers and their fortunes today and they were all shit (Riis won the pen and scored it so comes away with some dignity). I was surprised. I saw the team and thought we would Steam roller Wycombe. Thought we would be playing more kids.

Like Ron has said though, the league is and should be the focus.

No not out of the four you mention, but Browne has mostly be shite this season , fisher is becoming a liability Johnson again not been at his best this season , Barky again has had a poor season compared to last season , Robinson Hugill and Cunningham weren’t his signings yes he improved them from when Grayson had them but they had more experience were older so for some players they just get better with those attributes, so there is a possibility that it wasn’t all down to Neil, but maybe yes . But what about Baylis , Earl , Storey , who looked good prospects but seem to have gone backwards it works both ways. I completely agree about the owner but as I said it’s his job to get the best out of the players he has and for far to many games this season especially he has failed to do that

Well I disagree, Fisher, Browne and Johnson are having contract issues are they not? Players either protect themselves or don't fully commit because they've had their heads turned during such scenarios, not Alex Neil's fault and has mentioned he doesn't have good alternatives to play as today has shown.

Barky has been scoring recently.

You can't say the improvement of Robinson, Hugill and Cunningham isn't down to Alex Neil and then in the same breath say that Bayliss Earl and Storey going backwards is down to him, as you mentioned you can't have it both ways.

There's also a lot more deciding factors when it comes to a players development and it's not purely down to the manager, examples, does the facilities that they have been using not play a role in their development especially when you look at Springies? What about the first team opportunities and subsequent none loan opportunities? What about injuries? And then what about the players attitude in general? You can't pin point it down to one thing or person a la Alex Neil.

We are mid table in the league with good results and shocking results so you can't say he has failed to get the best out of the players when we are a mid table squad and team. Do you honestly believe our squad is a top 6 challenging squad, emphasis on squad, when you have the likes of Ripley, Rafferty, Bayliss, Potts, Storey, Huntington, Harrop, Stockley, Nugent, Moult, Earl and Bodin at your disposal? Even some of our better players not mentioned would struggle to get in the top 6 sides.

Add to that we've had injury issues with Rudd, Fisher, Bauer, Davies, Pearson and Johnson you can actually make an argument for AN doing a decent job.

With the squad members mentioned would you expect Neil to go out and regularly attack the opposition, because I'd expect some hammerings if he did.

Certainly feel Earl has had a bad game and his other outings have been much more positive. Put it down as an awful day of the office.

Definitely a bad day for him, but whilst he has been good recently I cant think he has had a game where he looked assured defensively.

So naive at times today and it seriously cost us

We really need to manage our expectations this season. Neil keeps telling us every week that this is a transitional season. I.e., expect nothing, we'll finish mid table and then come back and start again with new squad next season.

I don't like Neil's attitude to the cup but usually because fans part with heard earned cash to watch games he has no desire or intent on winning. That wasn't the case today so I can't get too excited. The performance today can't come as a surprise to people, just look at his cup record throughout his managerial career, he simply can't be arsed with the games.

There are no managers/coaches out there we could attract to the club who would do a better job, in my opinion. And we are hardly going to sack him after going out on a PR disaster limb to support him bringing in Evans are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.