PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

TV Series/Netflix/Box Sets

Finished watching Zero Zero Zero last night.

Excellent but not quite as good as Gomarrah in my opinion 9/10

Watched a decent 4 part documentary on Netflix, about a Chinese/Canadian student who went missing from the infamous Cecil Hotel in downtown Los Angeles.

Decent enough. Really sad story and highlights the damage that "Internet sleuthing" can do.

Definitely worth a watch if you're not familiar with the case.

Edit: it's called "Crime scene: The vanishing at the Cecil Hotel"

Last edited:
Watched a decent 4 part documentary on Netflix, about a Chinese/Canadian student who went missing from the infamous Cecil Hotel in downtown Los Angeles.

Decent enough. Really sad story and highlights the damage that "Internet sleuthing" can do.

Same here - Elisa Lam. It addresses so many social issues and there's loads of food for thought 👍

Same here - Elisa Lam. It addresses so many social issues and there's loads of food for thought 👍

Yep. When they were hounding that "Morbid" character, I couldn't help but think back to the poor South African lad who killed himself, after being accused of the cat killer in Don't F*ck with cats.

They've pretty much worn him down to an empty shell of his former self. Poor guy.

Edit: it's called "Crime scene: The vanishing at the Cecil Hotel"
I've put it on the list (y)

Yep. When they were hounding that "Morbid" character, I couldn't help but think back to the poor South African lad who killed himself, after being accused of the cat killer in Don't F*ck with cats.

They've pretty much worn him down to an empty shell of his former self. Poor guy.

Yes, the internet stalking and abuse he received went way over the top. Trial without jury - very powerful and scary.

Yes, the internet stalking and abuse he received went way over the top. Trial without jury - very powerful and scary.
Just finished it this evening, very interesting story with lots of what ifs? But what a sad outcome, those web sleuths are cocks, dont let the facts get in the way of their theories eh! Felt sorry for Mr Morbid, they totally destroyed his life.

Anybody watching the new Adam Curtis docs on BBC? Hypnotic viewing as always, even if they are, in parts, a rehashing of his previous material.

Watched 1st episode if Behind her eyes on Netflix. The bbc review said it was so bad it was good. I just thought it was really good and very intriguing. Great lead actress. Bit of humping which is always a bit tricky with the tv in the window at 1330 in the afternoon.

Watched 1st episode if Behind her eyes on Netflix. The bbc review said it was so bad it was good. I just thought it was really good and very intriguing. Great lead actress. Bit of humping which is always a bit tricky with the tv in the window at 1330 in the afternoon.
If I put it on It will be the only humping thats gone on in this house for a while I tell ya.

Apart from the dog on his bed🤔

Just watched the first episode last night.

Enjoyed it as well and btw, the doctors missus is bloody fit!!!

Googled the cast to see who they are and it turns out she’s Bono’s daughter😲

Just watched the first episode last night.

Enjoyed it as well and btw, the doctors missus is bloody fit!!!

Googled the cast to see who they are and it turns out she’s Bono’s daughter😲
In the name of love!

I was going to watch the second episode with it being Sunday bloody Sunday an all, but I might just watch the Chalet now instead.

Last edited:
In the name of love!

Sonny & Cher didn't sing that ;).

Back on topic....

Godless: Superb Western. If you like that sort of thing (usually I don't) this is very good.
Rebellion: 1916 Irish Uprising. No prizes for guessing who wins but a good spin on reality.
Damnation: 1930s Mid-West (Iowa) rural conflicts.

(Note: these shows are all one word titles so I have a better chance of remembering them (y))

Sonny & Cher didn't sing that ;).

Back on topic....

Godless: Superb Western. If you like that sort of thing (usually I don't) this is very good.
Rebellion: 1916 Irish Uprising. No prizes for guessing who wins but a good spin on reality.
Damnation: 1930s Mid-West (Iowa) rural conflicts.

(Note: these shows are all one word titles so I have a better chance of remembering them (y))

Finally got around to starting Deadwood. Six episodes in so far. May go for Godless after that!

Have now done two seasons of Corner Gas and have bought some T-shirts. Will have to wear them when we can next go to see Belfast Giants as they usually have a good few Canucks on the roster.