PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

TV Series/Netflix/Box Sets

Finished the first series of Black Spot tonight. It’s a bit different and worth watching. Mrs LiS loves it, but I’m not sure I’d go that far.

Enjoyed the 1st series. Struggling with the 2nd series a bit as its gone a bit all over the place But Ive started so Ill finish.

Anyone else watching the latest series of Marcella?
Upto about episode 6 now and it's been excellent.

It’s a load of old cobblers.

As if the coppers would have put a nutter undercover and as if the Belfast crime family would take a random English woman to their bosom five minutes after they’d shot the(ir) crooked accountant she was shagging.

Anyone seen the trailers for Your Honour which starts next month on Sky.

Starring Brian Cranston(Breaking Bad), it looks superb.

Can‘t wait for it.

Gomorrah - Italians involved in Cocaine who kill those in their way. Not one likeable (hero) redeemable character. How it should be.

Narcos - Colombians (Escobar) involved in Cocaine who kill those in their way. Not one likeable (hero) redeemable character. How it should be. Ok, the DEA guys I was rooting for.

Narcos : Mexico - As above but in, obvs, Mexico.

Can you not see the obvious (excellent) correlation between Gomorrah - Narcos - ZeroZeroZero?

Gomorrah and both Narcos are top top viewing. 10/10.

As if the coppers would have put a nutter undercover and as if the Belfast crime family would take a random English woman to their bosom five minutes after they’d shot the(ir) crooked accountant she was shagging.
Maybe I've just got Anna Friel in my head after she did The GFE 😉

Is that seriously the plot to the new series?

Forget that for a pot of parched peas.

Started on The Crown last night. Quite enjoying this, the cast are incredible and some of the biggest names from it haven't even shown their faces yet.

Watched the first episode last night...... looks promising
I won't spoil it. I thought the first series was a bit crap. The second series, the one you've just started to watch, did start off a lot better, but I thought the ending was poor.
Like I said earlier, it's only because of the location that I tend to watch it.
I've got a good idea for a programme. Young fella scores a hat trick, but, despite years of under achievement from his local club, they fail to sign him up. He then spirals into a decadent lifestyle, far removed from that of a footballer, only to rediscover himself and eventually get signed on by his local club. He then becomes a hat trick hero, as his team prevail in the play off final and reach the Premier League, after a 60 year wait.

I think it'd be a ratings success. 😀😀

I won't spoil it. I thought the first series was a bit crap. The second series, the one you've just started to watch, did start off a lot better, but I thought the ending was poor.
Like I said earlier, it's only because of the location that I tend to watch it.
I've got a good idea for a programme. Young fella scores a hat trick, but, despite years of under achievement from his local club, they fail to sign him up. He then spirals into a decadent lifestyle, far removed from that of a footballer, only to rediscover himself and eventually get signed on by his local club. He then becomes a hat trick hero, as his team prevail in the play off final and reach the Premier League, after a 60 year wait.

I think it'd be a ratings success. 😀😀
Im loving it Janie.... Count me in !!!

It sounds like real " Roy of the Rovers " stuff......... The main protagonist sounds like he would be capable of scoring left foot, right foot , headers...

It might be a bit far fetched for some........

Thought we'd give Britbox ago.......knew that "Our Friends in the North" was on it and never seen it. Worth it just for the first monthly fee but you get a week's free trial and it's worth it just for the 9 episodes of that.

Utterly brilliant as a social history of the working classes, police and politicial corruption, and the lives of the four protagonists from 1960s through to 1990s. Top notch cast almost of you name them and they're in it, but I have to say especially Daniel Craig, who I'd never seen in anything except Bond, but his performance in this was quite remarkable.