PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Abusing players online

Disappointing.

I know the phenomena of Social Media in all forms is here to stay.
But do we really need it?

Good when your good but oh boy is it bad when it's bad.

I'm showing my age a bit but if I was a pro footer wouldn't touch it with a barge.

Why do people have to know your every move?
I am so with you hypno
I have no facepage, twatter, or snapdragon. Not a thing
I seem to be able to get through every day and don’t feel less enriched to not know that Z list celebrity A, B or C has had a meltdown or someone’s opinions on wether they should or shouldn’t go vegan or whatever
It’s just an absolute load of nonsense but clearly addictive
Out of my office window when I was in work I would sometimes look out and you noticed that da yooth often checked their phones through habit even though there’s actually nothing to see
And finally (Cyril) why be so nasty ? It smacks of everybody look at me syndrome ?

I mean he wasn't good but seems a strange choice to target for abuse. Was it not just Millwall fans?

Me either, this forum is the closest I get to social media. I used to have Facebook till around 5 years ago, I don't miss it at all, in fact I feel all the better for not having an account.
My lad shows me the PNE bits after a game, spelling really is a major task for many which is sort of a prelude to the drivel to come

It needs to STOP

Sadly you cant (currently) stop such people from behaving in such a way. These people likely dont have any balance or perspective in their lives (clearly lacking basic social decency skills). Hopefully one day they have all internet blocked for such actions / idiots

Yes, performances may be crap etc etc, but all players will (hopefully) be trying their best, as such why would another human publicly give flack to a person trying his best at something? Not acceptable

As for Millwall, just look at them fighting eachother on you tube, with little girls stood scared as the dads go to war, they bring a shame on themselves that they wont even see / understand. Disgusting

Enjoy the ups and down of football, enjoy life, dont spew negativity

PNE

It'll be the thick as fuck gargoyles who appear on the clubs Twitter posts after every shit game.

You know the kind I'm talking about. Proper illiterate dumbasses who don't know the difference between "their" "they're" & "there" - And breathe out of their mouths with their gob wide open, because they haven't worked out it's more efficient to breathe through the nose.

Good old football Twitter.

Sad lives if you need to go and abuse someone online. Would never be my first thought in any situation- I know I’ll throw some s*it about on social media. Not helped with instant access on tablets & mobiles. Once again the old adage “would you say it to their face” springs to mind and in the majority of cases the answer would be no. Unfortunately the ingrates type before they think.

My lad shows me the PNE bits after a game, spelling really is a major task for many which is sort of a prelude to the drivel to come
Spelling in Britain has become terrible amongst the youth. I think texting is one reason. Its easier to just say "it be r8", as oppose to "it will be ok". Thats just one example.

It will not change until relative anonymity is removed. No more silly names and photos of anything except the poster’s actual face would drastically reduce all these issues

This thread will no doubt result in an outpouring of righteous indignation ... as if this forum is ok🤔

We have a good number of posters who think it is ok to refer to players (all talented human beings good enough to be doing something we would sell our souls to have a go at) as ‘dog shit’ and a variety of other charming terms.

This board is not short of miserable faceless clueless cyber-bullies who always have to have a player to troll. At the moment it seems to be shared between Brad Potts and Andy Hughes unless of course Joe Rafferty is anywhere near the stadium in which case all keyboards are aimed at him.

So, by all means decry the wider social media but, remember this thread the next time any one of you ‘fans’ reaches for the dog shit emoji?

Have some of our fan base stooped to the same lows as Millwalls fan base? Really? Are we not supposed to be The Gentry? Believe it or not Social Media platforms like Twitter can be a force for good. But they really do need to sort their shit out and proactively start banning & prosecuting these Neanderthal abusers in all walks of life. With Deepdale empty what impression is this presenting to some of the new players? We really expect them to pull their tripes out for the cause? Just....... STOP !

It will not change until relative anonymity is removed. No more silly names and photos of anything except the poster’s actual face would drastically reduce all these issues

This thread will no doubt result in an outpouring of righteous indignation ... as if this forum is ok🤔

We have a good number of posters who think it is ok to refer to players (all talented human beings good enough to be doing something we would sell our souls to have a go at) as ‘dog shit’ and a variety of other charming terms.

This board is not short of miserable faceless clueless cyber-bullies who always have to have a player to troll. At the moment it seems to be shared between Brad Potts and Andy Hughes unless of course Joe Rafferty is anywhere near the stadium in which case all keyboards are aimed at him.

So, by all means decry the wider social media but, remember this thread the next time any one of you ‘fans’ reaches for the dog shit emoji?

Don't agree with that. I think we're all entitled to have a strong opinion on the ability of a football player when they pull on a PNE shirt, as long as it's not something completely ott - like wishing harm on them, or taking the piss out of personal features.

If saying that you think someone is shite, is now considered unacceptable abuse, then this forum would become an extremely boring echo chamber, very quickly.

Writing on pne-online that you think X player is shite, is not trolling a player.

However, abusing players directly on their social media accounts is a whole different level of twatishness.

This is an internet forum, a place that only exists to provide a space for people to give their opinions on all things PNE, including the players. What a bizarre comparison to directly abusing players via social media.

Don't agree with that. I think we're all entitled to have a strong opinion on the ability of a football player when they pull on a PNE shirt, as long as it's not something completely ott - like wishing harm on them, or taking the piss out of personal features.

If saying that you think someone is shite, is now considered unacceptable abuse, then this forum would become an extremely boring echo chamber, very quickly.

Writing on pne-online that you think X player is shite, is not trolling a player.

However, abusing players directly on their social media accounts is a whole different level of twatishness.
Couple of points

Difficult to reconcile this with your own post #30? When does someone cross the line and become a gargoyle?

I think this forum could be more than adequately described as an extremely boring echo chamber already to be honest.

It is fine to have very strong opinions as you say but maybe we should run a poll to see if the majority believe publication of an opinion dubbing ‘one of our own’ as ‘shite’ is okay?

It really isn’t. Unless you’d be happy to see it in your own work appraisal if your line manager had similar strong views about you?

Couple of points

Difficult to reconcile this with your own post #30? When does someone cross the line and become a gargoyle?

I think this forum could be more than adequately described as an extremely boring echo chamber already to be honest.

It is fine to have very strong opinions as you say but maybe we should run a poll to see if the majority believe publication of an opinion dubbing ‘one of our own’ as ‘shite’ is okay?

It really isn’t. Unless you’d be happy to see it in your own work appraisal if your line manager had similar strong views about you?

When they personally abuse someone on their social media page.

Calling them gargoyles is being kind.

Regarding the rest of your post.... Run a poll and we'll find out.

You think my post bizarre? How bizarre
It is bizarre. I actually liked your post after reading the first couple of lines until I realised what point you were making.

I completely agree with the removal of total anonymity on social media, or at least a concept where anonymous accounts can only interact with other anonymous accounts etc. However, this is a public forum, you're basically saying that you don't want anyone with a differing or strong opinion to be allowed to post on here.

If I post that I think Barkhuizen is shite on here, there is no issue with that as far as I'm concerned. If I went onto twitter and tagged him to ensure that he sees it and then call him shit, that's ridiculous and unnecessary.