PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Abusing players online

Firstly, I wouldn't ever take the time out of my day to abuse somebody on social media.

However, I don't see the big issue with drunkard Barry, 56, no wife and no job, telling Jayson Molumby he thinks he's a useless piece of shit.

Ignore the cunt. I've had death threats on twitter before now. I don't concern myself with the opinion of those that don't matter to me.

And for those who will say that that is easier said than done... try being Barry.
As the great Tyler, The Creator once eloquently put:

But any tweets with his username in them would still be visible. There is no evidence of any tweets from anyone purporting to be a North End fan sent directly to him with abuse of any kind.
It was his Instagram account where I believe the majority of messages came from, at least from the Millwall fans, which he’s also deleted I believe

sooner social media grows up and requires users to use their real identities the better
To register with their real identities so that they can be traced if they're being abusive, yes, not necessarily to have to post under them though.

I've said previously in the thread that I don't do social media, but I wouldn't want to have to post on here under my government name. Occasionally I may post something about my personal life, I'm quite a private person and I wouldn't like to post any details if people were able to figure out who MBcha is.

Nothing to hide, I'm just a 'my business is my business' kind of person, I think that there is a place for anonymity online, sections of our own forum such as mental health no doubt benefit from it, but this anonymity should only go as far as a screen name so that a person's real identity can be traced by the police or other relevant authorities should they need to be.

It was his Instagram account where I believe the majority of messages came from, at least from the Millwall fans, which he’s also deleted I believe
I don’t do Instagram, it seems to be a bit of a show off place to me and I haven’t much to show off about! Awful for any abuse to happen to anyone but not a surprise from Millwall.

Have some of our fan base stooped to the same lows as Millwalls fan base? Really? Are we not supposed to be The Gentry? Believe it or not Social Media platforms like Twitter can be a force for good. But they really do need to sort their shit out and proactively start banning & prosecuting these Neanderthal abusers in all walks of life. With Deepdale empty what impression is this presenting to some of the new players? We really expect them to pull their tripes out for the cause? Just....... STOP !
Gentry day got hijacked a long time ago, sadly.

A rapper, quite a talented musician actually.

Courts controversy though as a means of publicity as he isn't signed to a record label, preferring to self produce and promote his music.
The very fact you know all that, makes you unsuitable mod material and even less welcome on the music threads.

A rapper, quite a talented musician actually.

Courts controversy though as a means of publicity as he isn't signed to a record label, preferring to self produce and promote his music.

Ahhh OK, never heard of him.

Courting controversy as a means of publicity, huh!

Sounds like an amazing guy.

To register with their real identities so that they can be traced if they're being abusive, yes, not necessarily to have to post under them though.

I've said previously in the thread that I don't do social media, but I wouldn't want to have to post on here under my government name. Occasionally I may post something about my personal life, I'm quite a private person and I wouldn't like to post any details if people were able to figure out who MBcha is.

Nothing to hide, I'm just a 'my business is my business' kind of person, I think that there is a place for anonymity online, sections of our own forum such as mental health no doubt benefit from it, but this anonymity should only go as far as a screen name so that a person's real identity can be traced by the police or other relevant authorities should they need to be.
That’s the discussion currently, you can retain the anonymity of a pseudonym and an avatar but the account needs to link to something that verifies your identity in case of any criminal activity. Obviously a difficult conversation about privacy and who/when is able to access that information, but I suspect the majority of people wouldn’t have a problem with it.

Yes, that’s how I did it - I couldn’t find anything from North End fans. I just don’t like our fan base getting the blame for something they haven’t done, we have our share of head the balls but not on this occasion.
100% agree. Unless I'm completely missing something as you can still see tweets sent to him despite deleting his own profile.

Likely as mentioned further up the thread it's come via Instagram and he's deleted all social media as a result.