PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Abusing players online

Couple of points

Difficult to reconcile this with your own post #30? When does someone cross the line and become a gargoyle?

I think this forum could be more than adequately described as an extremely boring echo chamber already to be honest.

It is fine to have very strong opinions as you say but maybe we should run a poll to see if the majority believe publication of an opinion dubbing ‘one of our own’ as ‘shite’ is okay?

It really isn’t. Unless you’d be happy to see it in your own work appraisal if your line manager had similar strong views about you?

Then just leave.

Hate comments like this. Literally adds nothing; just pretending to be above it all.

When they personally abuse someone on their social media page.

Calling them gargoyles is being kind.

Regarding the rest of your post.... Run a poll and we'll find out.
Not sure I would like the result

I am just of the mind that if you wouldn’t walk up to a professional athlete and tell him he is ‘dog shite’ then perhaps it shouldn’t be typed anywhere under cover of a comedy name.

Maybe I am just old

It is bizarre. I actually liked your post after reading the first couple of lines until I realised what point you were making.

I completely agree with the removal of total anonymity on social media, or at least a concept where anonymous accounts can only interact with other anonymous accounts etc. However, this is a public forum, you're basically saying that you don't want anyone with a differing or strong opinion to be allowed to post on here.

If I post that I think Barkhuizen is shite on here, there is no issue with that as far as I'm concerned. If I went onto twitter and tagged him to ensure that he sees it and then call him shit, that's ridiculous and unnecessary.
Glad we agree on something!

No issue with opinions, that’s what it’s for. Just don’t see the need for published references to people as ‘shite’ that’s all. The players can read I believe.

Anyhow, talking of trolls, I see the usual suspects have graced us with their presence.😂. Hiya Hun!

It's just complete bollocks too, there's loads of differing opinions on here as proven by how many daily arguments there are haha
Or are there actually about 3 core subjects regurgitated endlessly like Groundhog Day?
Then just leave.

Hate comments like this. Literally adds nothing; just pretending to be above it all.
I think my first post added something

Unless I’m missing something, there doesn’t seem to be anything massively untoward directed towards Molumby from anyone North End related. There is a bit of dodgy stuff from Millwall but may be a bit of conclusion jumping?

I think it's pretty shite behaviour to even tag them and be critical. What the fuck are you trying to achieve? You're meant to be a supporter so in the words of Roy Keane, 'do your job'.

This is sad. Good pros at PNE throughout the squad.

I’ve been reading This forum over the past few days and interacting a little on it ..... and the negativity is astonishing. I would love a positive culture throughout the whole Club where fans / players / management / owner all come together - a bit like the old town end in the 90’s

I agree. I don't know where it has come from. There is a real sense of entitlement throughout the fanbase that as someone who has watched since the Beck/Peters era, I just don't get.

Unless I’m missing something, there doesn’t seem to be anything massively untoward directed towards Molumby from anyone North End related. There is a bit of dodgy stuff from Millwall but may be a bit of conclusion jumping?
There was tweets about PNE fans being involved and about other players being targeted in the last few weeks. on any level its a no. I think we should get rid of Neil I would not hunt him down to give him abuse. Have an opinion ok, but abuse them on Social media is a no. I hope millwall fans are disgusted with there own fans to

Then just leave.

Hmmm, I've agreed with you a lot (on the match thread Vs Millwall you summed up my feeling s on the game perfectly) but disagree here. It's fine to point out the culture of a forum without having to leave everyone to slapping each other's backs and agreeing. I agree with him. There are plenty of great posters on here (I mean that) but there are plenty of weird bullies as well. Nobody should have to leave because that's the case.

Firstly, I wouldn't ever take the time out of my day to abuse somebody on social media.

However, I don't see the big issue with drunkard Barry, 56, no wife and no job, telling Jayson Molumby he thinks he's a useless piece of shit.

Ignore the cunt. I've had death threats on twitter before now. I don't concern myself with the opinion of those that don't matter to me.

And for those who will say that that is easier said than done... try being Barry.

There was tweets about PNE fans being involved and about other players being targeted in the last few weeks. on any level its a no. I think we should get rid of Neil I would not hunt him down to give him abuse. Have an opinion ok, but abuse them on Social media is a no. I hope millwall fans are disgusted with there own fans to
I agree totally obviously but there is no evidence I can see of anything being directly targeted at Molumby.

Handful of Millwall fans, but I guessing if there's abusive tweets they've been deleted or gone behind a locked account.

It's quite easy to search for tweets directly aimed at people. Just click Latest Tweets

Yes, that’s how I did it - I couldn’t find anything from North End fans. I just don’t like our fan base getting the blame for something they haven’t done, we have our share of head the balls but not on this occasion.

I agree totally obviously but there is no evidence I can see of anything being directly targeted at Molumby.
Thats because Sadly Molumby has closed his account. A sad end to the Saga, he shouldn't have faced abuse from anyone

Thats because Sadly Molumby has closed his account. A sad end to the Saga, he shouldn't have faced abuse from anyone
But any tweets with his username in them would still be visible. There is no evidence of any tweets from anyone purporting to be a North End fan sent directly to him with abuse of any kind.

Hmmm, I've agreed with you a lot (on the match thread Vs Millwall you summed up my feeling s on the game perfectly) but disagree here. It's fine to point out the culture of a forum without having to leave everyone to slapping each other's backs and agreeing. I agree with him. There are plenty of great posters on here (I mean that) but there are plenty of weird bullies as well. Nobody should have to leave because that's the case.

To me It came across as a "I'm above your petty squabbles" and a "No one agrees with me because this is an echo chamber" type post.

I think by and large most discussion on here is treated with good humour, and you only have to look at the Potts, Neil Out, Neil In, Ched Evans etc threads to see just how much disagreement goes on. I just dont think his comments were valid at all.

Moaning about the forum being toxic and then coming out with lines such as: "The usual trolls have graced us with their presence" is just totally unhelpful. Not even sure who it is aimed at