PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Podcast

I don't think anything like this has ever happened at North end has it? An explayer speaking openly about very recent history exposing all the issues which the support assumed, it's massive. Some big questions for those in charge, they're totally exposed.
Came across to me as if Pearson has unfinished business here.

Not that he'd ever come back. Regret probably a better term.

Btw, love it when players or ex players refer to us as North End.

Just goes to show that the players share the exact same frustrations as we do with regards the recruitment. Obviously no current North End player would ever admit to it but you’d be daft to think they don’t all share the same thoughts as Pearson states.

Until Hemmings is no longer in charge, we will go absolutely nowhere unless he has a sudden change of heart or we get incredibly lucky.
I agree but I suspect there’s several players who would rather we didn’t invest in better players!

Last couple of weeks @FTF has managed to expose the clubs absolute shortcomings and confirm we're bereft of any plan whatsoever. One fellas trainset, and a fat controller who's job it is to tell us all off.
Completely unprecedented and unique investigative journalism at Preston North End 👍🏻

Last edited:
I found the part he mentioned that if players are signing for Preston there's a reason why interesting. I've often thought this about Sinclair and believe that financially he could be one of the worst signings we've made in recent times. I imagine big wages, big signing on fee, little to no resale value and he hardly seems to have come relishing the challenge or pushed us any further. I hoped he'd be like a Beckford signing when he came and give us a bit of a push but bar a few goals and don't think he's been worth the money.

PR might be fuming at the timing of the release of this.

When’s part 2 out?
Good. I hope he and the powers above are fuming. Fans had suspicions and Pearson has told it how it is. Every credit to him. We could just do that little bit more to take us over the line but never do, always being the nearly team. No wonder Pearson got fed up and wanted to go to pastures new.

I found the part he mentioned that if players are signing for Preston there's a reason why interesting. I've often thought this about Sinclair and believe that financially he could be one of the worst signings we've made in recent times. I imagine big wages, big signing on fee, little to no resale value and he hardly seems to have come relishing the challenge or pushed us any further. I hoped he'd be like a Beckford signing when he came and give us a bit of a push but bar a few goals and don't think he's been worth the money.

^^^This^^^

I've often thought this about Sinclair and believe that financially he could be one of the worst signings we've made in recent times. I imagine big wages, big signing on fee, little to no resale value and he hardly seems to have come relishing the challenge or pushed us any further.
You'd still trust him to score a goal if given an opening, moreso than the vast majority of the squad. But we do seem to like signing (or extending contracts) a few too many guys recently who look like their wives see them as Instagram accessories. Just feels we are collecting a chunk of players happy to pick up a wage in a fairly safe / unchallenging environment.

Just goes to show that the players share the exact same frustrations as we do with regards the recruitment. Obviously no current North End player would ever admit to it but you’d be daft to think they don’t all share the same thoughts as Pearson states.

Until Hemmings is no longer in charge, we will go absolutely nowhere unless he has a sudden change of heart or we get incredibly lucky.
It was said on here by a few just before Robinson left, he had no intention of signing a new deal as he didn't think the club would take a risk to win promotion and he knew he could go elsewhere with higher expectations.

Quality all round, why stay here when he’s ambitions to go for the prem and our club ain’t matching them.

I will say that we aren’t in a financial crisis which can’t be said of many in our division so i’m not blaming TH for this as he’s trying to get us in a position where we aren’t going to go bust. I’d love one season in the prem as all on here would but we are totally reliant on his money if we want to maintain our place in this division.

He could easily chuck money at it but fair play rules would leave us owing him more if we failed. He can afford it but only to an extent because of the financial rules in football.

No, still separate. LL sponsor the podcast on a Monday and we write a weekly column for them during the season in return.

Jake & George both work there so George privy to a bit of information about a special guest coming up over the coming days.

One not to miss.

Please tell me you've found Billy Davies and have pitched up at his remote off grid lighthouse location in the highest of the Highlands with a recorder?

Ched Evans has already ousted Sinclair, so very much old news. Add to that Evans being a player that FTF called spectacularly wrongly, Ollie in particular, and had to slowly
munch down humble pie.

Part 2 will hopefully be proper revelations, as this wasn’t.

Don't usually listen to this podcast but this was interesting. Thought his remarks about Sinclair (near the end) coming to PNE and therefore he must be past his best (implying that we never sign anyone that other clubs rate?) were controversial. Don't think Sinclair is past his best, he just needs to be played in the right position, anyone can see he's got class.

Don't usually listen to this podcast but this was interesting. Thought his remarks about Sinclair (near the end) coming to PNE and therefore he must be past his best (implying that we never sign anyone that other clubs rate?) were controversial. Don't think Sinclair is past his best, he just needs to be played in the right position, anyone can see he's got class.

I mean he's not wrong. If he was at his peak, he wouldn't be coming to PNE, would he?

I mean he's not wrong. If he was at his peak, he wouldn't be coming to PNE, would he?
Agreed, because the price would have been the peak full price with a bit more added on. So no, Trevor would never pay that. However, based on what I've seen of him when he does score, he doesn't look that much different to the player that was banging them in at Celtic. He's only 32, surely his best is not all behind him ? Are they all f*cked these days at 32 ?

Well that was brilliant. Comes across really well, quite a thoughtful young man and clearly ambitious. I don’t think it tells us anything we didn’t know already about the club and it’s runnings really does it?

Agreed, because the price would have been the peak full price with a bit more added on. So no, Trevor would never pay that. However, based on what I've seen of him when he does score, he doesn't look that much different to the player that was banging them in at Celtic. He's only 32, surely his best is not all behind him ? Are they all f*cked these days at 32 ?

He's clearly not a bad player by any means. But he doesn't have the explosive pace he used to have. Questioning what's changed for him to be willing to come down to Preston level wages and football is perfectly reasonable.