PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Queen

8th of December 1975. Were you there? Preston Guildhall?

I can't believe I missed it.

Gutted. I'm a big Queen fan.

I saw Freddie 6 times subsequently but can't believe I missed him in my home town.

Were you there? Pleas share your experience.

Karl.

8th of December 1975. Were you there? Preston Guildhall?

I can't believe I missed it.

Gutted. I'm a big Queen fan.

I saw Freddie 6 times subsequently but can't believe I missed him in my home town.

Were you there? Pleas share your experience.

Karl.
I was there, Night at the Opera Tour! I was only 14 at the time mind so memories are a bit vague, ticket was the princely sum of £2! I only remember that because I kept all my ticket stubs for years before binning them a couple of years ago and I had a look through them before did! Saw some great bands at the Guild Hall back in the day!

I was there, Night at the Opera Tour! I was only 14 at the time mind so memories are a bit vague, ticket was the princely sum of £2! I only remember that because I kept all my ticket stubs for years before binning them a couple of years ago and I had a look through them before did! Saw some great bands at the Guild Hall back in the day!
My favorite ever concert there was the Dutch Band Focus. They had a folk singer as a warm up artist who really was very very good. for the life of me I cant recall his name though :(

My favorite ever concert there was the Dutch Band Focus. They had a folk singer as a warm up artist who really was very very good. for the life of me I cant recall his name though :(

Steve Coogan’s ‘Saxondale’ featured ‘House of the King’ as the theme tune.

Saw them in 1974 in Blackpool , as the Bispham Technical College Student Union gig. Think they were on at the Grand Theatre....it was the time of ''Liar'' & ''Keep yourself alive'' & even before '' Seven Seas of Rye"
Missed their Lancaster University gig.
I was never a right big fan TBH, but adored the humour & guitar on " I want to break free" & their set from Geldorf's Wembley was fantastic.
To be honest Led Zeppelin were in a league of their own for me, & apart from the aforementioned g.solo I was never into Brian May's style, and Robert Plant had the better voice whilst being reassuringly heterosexual in his rather too tight
jeans.

The was a documentary on the other night about Alan Hull which reminded me that I saw Lindisfarne at the Guild Hall with The Strawbs as their support act.

I seem to recall them at Preston Public Hall as part of the Charisma Package Tour...maybe with Genesis
(with Peter Gabriel) & Gary Moore doing his finger-shredding bluesy stuff .

Wish I had been ,but I was only 13.Did see them at Knebworth and Maine Road. Saw Meatloaf at GH in the mid late eighties?