PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear we are in danger of effectively becoming a feeder club. Not linked to a specific club but showing no ambition of promotion. Happy to tread water developing Prem team’s youth, fleshed out with journeyman free transfers. All we can bring in are strikers with far less experience than Parrott. Kind of gets to “what’s the point” other than being able to field a team. Certainly doesn’t encourage fans through the door.

And this will repeat every season until the Hemmings family (legitimate and otherwise) sell up.

Lowe gets slaughtered when he comes out in pressers and seems over excited and he now gets pelters for saying we’ll only be signing people who are free. For years now the club have played their cards close to their chest. Does saying you can only sign freebies send a message to those wanting to sell that you’ve not got money to burn? Has Ryan learnt from previous experience with the club to temper his language and therefore our expectations. I’d say, probably.
yet we showed the club had and we’re wiling to spend on Cameron Archer eh:rolleyes:

Seriously hope we don’t bring in Barnes. Probably would guarantee I don’t bother getting a ST next year. Signing him would effectively guarantee we’re going with the “hoof it long to the big man and hope something falls for us” style, and I’m not paying money to watch that

Where has the Barnes rumour come from?

He'd suit LoweQualityBall to be fair.

Thomas Cannon - Everton.
Rock on Tommy

Bobby Ball GIF

Where has the Barnes rumour come from?

He'd suit LoweQualityBall to be fair.
Yeah, I’ve backed Lowe about his “attacking brand” saying he’d implement a better game plan with his own players, but if he brings in Barnes then it’s clear he’s given up on that and has decided to emanate McAvoy

Well yeah, that would be great.

I know Lowe wants to play this 'brand' and we'd all love it to work, but personally I couldn't give a toss how we win.

I think its a bit naïve to think with our budget we can get out of this league the right way by playing some amazing brand of football on our budget. We can't and we won't.
Enjoyed the Stoke game then ? :ROFLMAO:

Stoke apparently looking to off load Josh Laurent would would offer them DJ for him.

Seriously hope we don’t bring in Barnes. Probably would guarantee I don’t bother getting a ST next year. Signing him would effectively guarantee we’re going with the “hoof it long to the big man and hope something falls for us” style, and I’m not paying money to watch that
What if we where winning games and looking likely to go up to the prem playing hoofball would you still stay away?

What if we where winning games and looking likely to go up to the prem playing hoofball would you still stay away?
There wouldn’t be a great risk of that

But probably yes. Or at least selective in games. It’s not enjoyable to watch, and with money as tight as it is currently, why would you pay money to be regularly bored for 90 minutes

Launch it james, verses what we have now?

Status
Not open for further replies.