PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if a temp loan is the way they are going it may as well be someone with experience.

If two are on the cards maybe a young one in the Archer mould plus an experieced one.

Someone mentioned Ashley Barnes, if he is fit and not injury prone he could share the burden with Ched Evans, wouldn't need time to settle in, maybe clutching at straws here.
It was actually a Burnley fan who came on and mentioned he'd heard something about Barnes coming on loan from someone who's not 100% accurate, but did get the Matt Lowton to Huddersfield and Ashley Westwood to the MLS rumours spot on.

Not sure about the validity of the rumour, but judging from Kompany's comments after he scored two against Blackburn, it appears that he's not first choice but he's not being frozen out either. If he's wanting to play more than that, then it's not too unreasonable that he would look to come here on loan.

It was definitely Kidd. I was there protesting outside the ground shouting “ Leeming Leeming show your face” and “we deserve better than this”. For those a little younger we were second bottom of what is now league 2. So we definitely had something to complain about !

Brian Kidd came out from the dressing room to calm the troops.
Despite everything, I recall Kidd remaining very popular throughout the whole sorry half season or so he was in charge.

Like they didn't do for Woodman?
This window - ie, taking into account the business they're already done this season.

I don't blame the club for looking mostly at loans in this, or any, January window. With a limited budget, it's mostly free transfers that we can expect to look at.

Ffs as if there's any cynics on here 😆

A BRAZILIAN? It'd go fuckin nuts
This is the only Brazilian we have a chance of signing
pic17421-jpg.18305

Sure it was mcGraths days....oshor Williams was playing
Definitely not, Williams only played the promotion season and an odd game over the next couple of years before retiring through injury. The game of the demonstration would have been Kidd managing. In fact, I’ve just looked up our team that day - Kelly, McNeil, McAteer, Mark Jones, Thomas (wearing 5 for some reason), Martin, Keen, Gray, Greenwood, Foster, Brazil and Atkins as sub. It was ludicrous we ended up next to bottom with some very good players for that level.

Lowe gets slaughtered when he comes out in pressers and seems over excited and he now gets pelters for saying we’ll only be signing people who are free. For years now the club have played their cards close to their chest. Does saying you can only sign freebies send a message to those wanting to sell that you’ve not got money to burn? Has Ryan learnt from previous experience with the club to temper his language and therefore our expectations. I’d say, probably.

Thomas Cannon - Everton.

Yeah he came on for last few minutes for them v Wolves on Boxing day.

However he's still pretty unproven compared to Ellis Sims and Nathan Broadhead who are both still contracted to Everton so even amongst that choice still going for the most unproven of the three!

Was wondering whether Josh Bowler was going to be looked at but just seen the scum have re-signed him for rest of the season which could keep them up.

2 loans up top ?
Other day someone mentioned Ashley Barnes, seemed a strange one imo but if you add Cannon and Barnes, it's not a bad idea at all

For that kind of fee I'd rather entertain one of his bets.

You wouldn't...... Look how it's worded. He bets half a million that he can prove he sent the text/e mail............ I'll bet you 10 mil that he did. In fact I'll bet you a hundred mil that he did :)

I’d say this is probably not far off considering they seem to want to sell and he has 18 month left on his contract.

It would be more than worth it at that price.

Has 5 in 20 games for a poor Wigan team and previous last season at league 1 level scored 10 in 20 odd games so he'd be better value than Aaron Collins who'll probably leave Bristol Rovers for a couple of million.

On fringes of Welsh squad aswell so we've seen with Kieffer Moore if he can break in and feature at a major tournament he'll be in 3-4m bracket.

4 years ago the club were signing Jayden Stockley for not far off 500k so surely can't be turning up their noses at someone like Broadhead if he is being offered around for that price.

Lowe gets slaughtered when he comes out in pressers and seems over excited and he now gets pelters for saying we’ll only be signing people who are free. For years now the club have played their cards close to their chest. Does saying you can only sign freebies send a message to those wanting to sell that you’ve not got money to burn? Has Ryan learnt from previous experience with the club to temper his language and therefore our expectations. I’d say, probably.

I'll tell you what Ryan is doing..... Going with the club flow until he can get the fuck out without it harming his pocket...

Status
Not open for further replies.