PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Plastics Thread.

I found some the comments on Radio Lancashire to be interesting , in the middle of a blizzard ( the weather was a lot worse than in Preston ) , it was noted that the Rovers players had snoods & gloves on , bloke leggings ' or tights on etc , etc during the warm up .

Whilst the PNE players were in match shirts , shorts and socks setting a tone ?? .

Old fashioned psychology - nothing really new ?

The other criticisms were that Rovers thought they could play tippy tappy from the back whilst PNE mixed it up , * and * ! It was very much all or nothing , either Rovers do fairly well or they get hammered .

Must admit it's a bit odd ?
Yeah, I think it was Kevin Gallacher who made that observation on Radio Lancs. It was obvious from the warm up that PNE were more up for it than Rovers. Tomasson had taken the squad for warm weather training and a couple of friendlies in Marbella before that game. It backfired, as the soft lads were faced with a reality check with a blizzard and a local derby on their hands when they came back. One tackle from Ledson and they didn't want to know.

The truth is this Rovers squad is full of soft lads. No battlers, no heart, as seen by the fact that when they go 1-0 down it's game over. They've shown that they don't have it in them to come back from a goal down.

The midfield is a major issue as Morton, Buckley, Wharton, Travis and Garrett are all powderpuff and quite simply not good enough. Pretenders who would never get near a pre Venky's Rovers side and who get bullied most weeks. They made Ledson look a world beater the other week, and he is shit! That tells you everything you need to know about them.

The tippy tappy stuff is certainly odd, as they don't have the players to play that way. What makes it even worse though, is the fact that Tomasson is stubbornly persisting with that style in order to "increase player value". He won't mix it up because of the "player value" crap which he and Broughton keep on harping on about. At which football club does that shit have more importance than winning matches? It's not just odd to me. Something stinks about it all.

Yeah, I think it was Kevin Gallacher who made that observation on Radio Lancs. It was obvious from the warm up that PNE were more up for it than Rovers. Tomasson had taken the squad for warm weather training and a couple of friendlies in Marbella before that game. It backfired, as the soft lads were faced with a reality check with a blizzard and a local derby on their hands when they came back. One tackle from Ledson and they didn't want to know.

The truth is this Rovers squad is full of soft lads. No battlers, no heart, as seen by the fact that when they go 1-0 down it's game over. They've shown that they don't have it in them to come back from a goal down.

The midfield is a major issue as Morton, Buckley, Wharton, Travis and Garrett are all powderpuff and quite simply not good enough. Pretenders who would never get near a pre Venky's Rovers side and who get bullied most weeks. They made Ledson look a world beater the other week, and he is shit! That tells you everything you need to know about them.

The tippy tappy stuff is certainly odd, as they don't have the players to play that way. What makes it even worse though, is the fact that Tomasson is stubbornly persisting with that style in order to "increase player value". He won't mix it up because of the "player value" crap which he and Broughton keep on harping on about. At which football club does that shit have more importance than winning matches? It's not just odd to me. Something stinks about it all.
I thought that about 3 months ago you had Tomasson down as the “ class “ coach that you needed to get you back to the prem ??

Tomasson is right though. These recent Rovers games on Sky are showing everyone that you're far too brittle to be considered a promotion candidate. Don't be too downhearted though - he says you can still dream, but you also have to face reality as well.
There's also more than a touch of him taking any pressure and expectation away from himself. He isn't arsed about being 3rd right now, or whether there is a slide down the table as him and Broughton see this season as an experimental season. I don't think that is acceptable. I wonder how many here would accept that from Lowe and Riddler.

I thought the interviewer did an excellent job in that clip by being blunt and asking him questions the fans want answers to. Notice how Tomasson swerved those questions though and went with his stock answer of "this is normal, we have a young side, there will be inconsistent results". Fans have had enough of his cheeky chappy interviews, as instead of holding his hands up when things have gone wrong, he uses that stock answer to paper over all the issues. He then goes and repeats the same mistakes in games.

If anything, I find his interviews to be insulting to the fans. It might not be his intention, but smiling after dismal performances, putting bad defeats down to having a "young side" and now saying fans can still dream...whilst he himself has come out and said he needs three summer transfer windows? Nah. He needs to pack his bags soon or else Rovers will be back in League One come August 2024.

I thought that about 3 months ago you had Tomasson down as the “ class “ coach that you needed to get you back to the prem ??
He talked the talk, Ando. He came in with a good reputation from his playing days, and also a decent reputation as a manager having won trophies in Sweden. He talked about his style of play being high intensity, focusing on pressing and entertaining football. He spoke about wanting to avoid what he called the "dutch disease", which was passing the ball backwards and sideways just for the sake of it without going anywhere with it.

None of what he talked about has been seen in his time as Rovers manager. He doesn't understand the league, doesn't understand the club, doesn't understand the fan base. Forget about this third place lark, there is nothing on the pitch to be hopeful about. They can't string three passes together in a game, but he wants to continue with the tippy tappy to the detriment of results. The summer recruitment was abysmal, Hyam aside. You will find better players on this forum than Hirst and Mola. He wants three summers to get it right. With Broughton making the signings? Forget about it. His time is up, for me. He's not the answer.

He talked the talk, Ando. He came in with a good reputation from his playing days, and also a decent reputation as a manager having won trophies in Sweden. He talked about his style of play being high intensity, focusing on pressing and entertaining football. He spoke about wanting to avoid what he called the "dutch disease", which was passing the ball backwards and sideways just for the sake of it without going anywhere with it.

None of what he talked about has been seen in his time as Rovers manager. He doesn't understand the league, doesn't understand the club, doesn't understand the fan base. Forget about this third place lark, there is nothing on the pitch to be hopeful about. They can't string three passes together in a game, but he wants to continue with the tippy tappy to the detriment of results. The summer recruitment was abysmal, Hyam aside. You will find better players on this forum than Hirst and Mola. He wants three summers to get it right. With Broughton making the signings? Forget about it. His time is up, for me. He's not the answer.
anyone would think you're in a relegation scrap, grow a pair soft lad.

There's also more than a touch of him taking any pressure and expectation away from himself. He isn't arsed about being 3rd right now, or whether there is a slide down the table as him and Broughton see this season as an experimental season. I don't think that is acceptable. I wonder how many here would accept that from Lowe and Riddler.

I thought the interviewer did an excellent job in that clip by being blunt and asking him questions the fans want answers to. Notice how Tomasson swerved those questions though and went with his stock answer of "this is normal, we have a young side, there will be inconsistent results". Fans have had enough of his cheeky chappy interviews, as instead of holding his hands up when things have gone wrong, he uses that stock answer to paper over all the issues. He then goes and repeats the same mistakes in games.

If anything, I find his interviews to be insulting to the fans. It might not be his intention, but smiling after dismal performances, putting bad defeats down to having a "young side" and now saying fans can still dream...whilst he himself has come out and said he needs three summer transfer windows? Nah. He needs to pack his bags soon or else Rovers will be back in League One come August 2024.

Only the teams in 23rd and 24th places have lost more games than the plastics- yet they sit 3rd in the league. They really are a remarkable team!

Only the teams in 23rd and 24th places have lost more games than the plastics- yet they sit 3rd in the league. They really are a remarkable team!
Getting caught up now. Watford, Boro and WBA are in great form and will all overtake them before the end of January

He's a backup left back, Marcus. Not good enough. No issue with him going.
Your avatar is still a North End player.
Just in case the fancy dress shop charges for late return of outfits.

Agree

There's a variation on that Second Tier tweet in The Sun ( and yes I know ! )

To be begrudgingly fair , they did make a good point in stating that the clubs which are supposed to be looking for him , such as Leeds , West Ham and Everton have ongoing issues such as *possibly * ending up in the Championship & having to cut their budgets accordingly .

Burnley got it right when they got relegated from the Premier League under Sean Dyche in spending their parachute money wisely and bounced back up again as top of the Championship ?