PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Plastics Thread.

The audacity of Morton to shake his head at that yellow. Lucky not to have been sent off for that

Definitely a day for

Never Mind Oh Dear GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

See replies - I agree that the annual Rovers collapse or inconsistentency tends to come a bit later on .

I used to like the parody I'm Tony Mowbray account on Twitter , by and large ! , everything was taken in good spirit , be they be Rovers , Dingles or PNE and of course whoever was behind the account .

To be fair TM did a job on PNE last & Ryan Lowe's formation last season winning 4 - 1 at Deepdale

That was avenged at Ewood Park , no problem ; it's just the way things go .

See replies - I agree that the annual Rovers collapse or inconsistentency tends to come a bit later on .

I used to like the parody I'm Tony Mowbray account on Twitter , by and large ! , everything was taken in good spirit , be they be Rovers , Dingles or PNE and of course whoever was behind the account .

To be fair TM did a job on PNE last & Ryan Lowe's formation last season winning 4 - 1 at Deepdale

That was avenged at Ewood Park , no problem ; it's just the way things go .

I think the collapse has started earlier this time, Marcus. There is a defeatist, loser, mentality at Rovers from top to bottom and it stems from the owners. They have appointed desperado after deseperado in key positions for 12 years and the result is this embarrassing load of shit we all see today. The club is screwed. Nobody at Rovers is arsed about promotion. It's only the fans who care and who are left hurting when these spirals inevitably happen.

Have a listen to what JDT said after yesterday's defeat. At 3 minutes of the clip below he is asked about Rovers' play off spot being at risk due to bad performances and results. His response? He says "we are not expected to go up, we are not expected to be favourites, not at all".

I, personally, find those comments to be disgraceful. The club is sat in 3rd/4th in the table, the fans are clinging on to some kind of hope that maybe this could be the season. Yet here is Tomasson down playing any expectation, any hope, and preparing fans for the inevitable collapse down the table. It's bullshit.

He keeps on mentioning how Rovers having a "young side" and that results are going to be inconsistent and that these poor results are normal. That doesn't wash as the average age of the side yesterday was 25. Imagine trying to pass off local derby capitulations as being normal as it's a young side. Absolute bollocks that is.

I found some the comments on Radio Lancashire to be interesting , in the middle of a blizzard ( the weather was a lot worse than in Preston ) , it was noted that the Rovers players had snoods & gloves on , bloke leggings ' or tights on etc , etc during the warm up .

Whilst the PNE players were in match shirts , shorts and socks setting a tone ?? .

Old fashioned psychology - nothing really new ?

The other criticisms were that Rovers thought they could play tippy tappy from the back whilst PNE mixed it up , * and * ! It was very much all or nothing , either Rovers do fairly well or they get hammered .

Must admit it's a bit odd ?

I think the collapse has started earlier this time, Marcus. There is a defeatist, loser, mentality at Rovers from top to bottom and it stems from the owners. They have appointed desperado after deseperado in key positions for 12 years and the result is this embarrassing load of shit we all see today. The club is screwed. Nobody at Rovers is arsed about promotion. It's only the fans who care and who are left hurting when these spirals inevitably happen.

Have a listen to what JDT said after yesterday's defeat. At 3 minutes of the clip below he is asked about Rovers' play off spot being at risk due to bad performances and results. His response? He says "we are not expected to go up, we are not expected to be favourites, not at all".

I, personally, find those comments to be disgraceful. The club is sat in 3rd/4th in the table, the fans are clinging on to some kind of hope that maybe this could be the season. Yet here is Tomasson down playing any expectation, any hope, and preparing fans for the inevitable collapse down the table. It's bullshit.

He keeps on mentioning how Rovers having a "young side" and that results are going to be inconsistent and that these poor results are normal. That doesn't wash as the average age of the side yesterday was 25. Imagine trying to pass off local derby capitulations as being normal as it's a young side. Absolute bollocks that is.

Tomasson is right though. These recent Rovers games on Sky are showing everyone that you're far too brittle to be considered a promotion candidate. Don't be too downhearted though - he says you can still dream, but you also have to face reality as well.