PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

CONFIRMED Robbie Brady signs New 2 Year Contract.

2 year deal to a 31 year old who had an incredibly “meh” season

Probably on a decent raise too

This club is going nowhere. “Overhaul” talks is BS
I doubt it. Players Robbie's age usually take a paycut for the extra security of a 2 year deal Vs 1 year.

I doubt it. Players Robbie's age usually take a paycut for the extra security of a 2 year deal Vs 1 year.
His wage last year wasn’t particularly high because it was about proving his fitness. He’ll 100% have had a raise having now “proven” it

I think we’d have been silly to let him go when we have no other LWB’s contracted.

I wonder how many of those were into Potts, which seemed to be one of our few tactics in the first half of the season.

It'd be nice if Browne was given more license to get into the box from deep, as he's actually very good in the air.

How many of those crosses into the box were from deep positions were he couldn’t get up the pitch to try a more accurate pass, so had to just lump it in despite the fact we weren’t suited to winning headers?
It says successful passes.

If we hadn't of renewed people would of moaned ...if we had given him a 1yr deal people would of moaned.....we give him a 2yr deal people moan......i think some fans just like moaning for the sake of it.

It is what it is....no one knows how it's structured or the wage itself .

It says successful passes.
I’m not saying they weren’t successful, but he was crossing them into people not suited to score from that sort of ball. Cannon and Parrott were never going to be able to generate the power behind a header from a looped ball, so it inevitably led to turnover of possession

We’re far better when balls are played across the box, but Brady can’t do that

Happy he is staying, he's a good player at the end of the day. Never relied on pace so at 31 still a decent age.

My only concern is, will the security of 2 years affect his desire? We'll see I guess.

I'm okay with this tbh. We aren't in the position to let people leave and he's not shit. I think, like everyone else in the squad, he's just not a wing back.

I’m not saying they weren’t successful, but he was crossing them into people not suited to score from that sort of ball. Cannon and Parrott were never going to be able to generate the power behind a header from a looped ball, so it inevitably led to turnover of possession

We’re far better when balls are played across the box, but Brady can’t do that
Personally I'd prefer him playing in midfield, or at LWB with a LW in front of him if Lowe does decide to change formation, as he works a lot better with players around him, as that first half of the season majority of our best play went through him.

But as a LWB as the only wide player, in a style of play that is not possession based that allows him to be high up the pitch then it doesn't really use him to his best.

I just hope we don't get the Brady then severely tailed off as his passing was way off what it was in the first half of the season and then the big errors came with it.

Wingers more than most positions have moments of good and bad form which get put under a microscope when something ain’t working.

Wingers that get played at wing back probably even more so.

Most assists at the club last season and looks like the stats for forward passing also make a case for this being a positive signature.. Injury free and in form he’s an asset to the club, otherwise it’s a large chunk of the wage bills gone. It’s a 50/50 in my eyes.

This is fine, just fine.

2 year deal he’s had our pants down a little bit but, he’s not a bad footballer, and whether we like it or not, had the most assists last year right?

Thought that Alvaro superseded him at lwb last season, not really sure where thats where Brady wants to be playing but we will see, i really do not mind him as good back up cover or as a rotational player but we really really need someone on a permanent who can become a very good championship wing back, not gonna happen though.

I think when you think of the alternative of no Brady and two unknown new LWB’s, or 1 Brady and potentially another LWB, I don’t trust the club to go out and secure two LWB’s that are going to be better than him.