PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

CONFIRMED Robbie Brady signs New 2 Year Contract.

what a bunch of duplicitous cunts announcing this AFTER the early-bird deadline, I would never have renewed knowing this 2 year waste of a fucking salary was happening, this lazy gobshite along with fuckin Woodburn is like playing with 9 men.

They had already confirmed he had been offered a contract Bill to be fair.

The early bird is also still open (online) - maybe give them a call tomorrow and ask for a refund?

I'm torn with this one. On one hand, he's an experienced player who knows the LWB position well & has a decent left foot. Plus it plugs a gap (let's be honest, that's the height of our current ambition).

On the other hand, there were times where his attitude absolutely stunk - trying to blame Woodman for his terrible backpass Vs Bristol City, needless sending off against Wigan... etc. It wasn't so much the mistakes that annoyed me but his reaction to them!

Personally, I'd struggle to look past the attitude. But we are a club that seems increasingly to tolerate levels of indiscipline.

Either way, he's now a PNE player for the next 2 years & if he gives 100% will have my support!

As others have said he had a good start to last season and it looked like we had made a decent signing, he did tail off quite considerably though.
I can't remember what Month we signed him last Year so maybe he didn't have a proper pre season at the start and possibly why he tailed off.
He will get a proper one this this Year though so lets hope it pays off and sets him up for ALL the season.
Personally, fairly ok with this, not exactly ecstatic but not down on it either.

You despair already at our transfer dealings. We need an overhaul. We need some pace in the side. We need to freshen the team up. How do we start off doing it! By giving contracts to players who were here last year and proved they weren’t good enough. How are we going to get new players in whilst Woodburn & Brady are taking up squad places and wages!

I was excited when I first heard he was joining us last season, but as he had lost his left foot somewhere in transit and I became more disillusioned. A half decent sub for last 15 mins is perhaps his best, if his left foot has been found, and I'm being very optimistic there! At 31 he ain't getting quicker, he is not going past defenders who will be faster than him so early long distance crosses/passes, or hopeful lumps as I call them, will be order of the day. Oh, we have no one on the end of those lumps yet and Ched despite his enthusiasm is likely to be 10 yards behind this season.

Very much looks like a 2 year deal on reduced terms. Will pay more over the course of a two year deal, but reduces our wage outlay for the coming year.
Fine with it if we brought in a young left wing back to compete (permanent, not loan), but fully expecting to see Hughes and Cunningham shoe horned there (and subsequently Lindsay at LCB) when Brady picks up an inevitable injury.
Very short term thinking, and although not surprising, worrying about what's to come.

My immediate reaction when I saw the headline ? I groaned .. never had that with any signing we’ve made. His performances towards then end of the season were half arsed . His age at 31 doesn’t deserve a two year deal , but sadly tgat seems to be the PNE way .. instead of trawling through the lower leagues we sign …. Brady .. I truly hope he does well but I’m not holding my breath ..