PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

How does the rest of the season pan out

Do we go all out now to get the 11 points we need to get to 50 and then give the youth players a chance, or do we give some of the youth a chance now hoping the toxic atmosphere at deepdale doesn't knock the confidence.

There are CV’s and exits strategies to think of, I expect nothing to change and that they will try and go for a mid table position.

Mid-table all the way down to 4th of bottom, will enable the likes of RL to preach to the media, “I kept them in the championship, as you know we have been over achieving, times are tough and funds are tight, I wasn’t backed at all in the last transfer window, it’s time to move on and look forward to the next challenge”.

I am just hoping that the hierarchy has been busy lining up ducks behind the scenes:
1. Lowe has already been served notice but will carry on until the end of the season in order to reduce our costs to pay him off.
2. The riddler has been told to ‘retire’ at the end of the season (I.e. jump before your pushed.
3. Lowe is under instructions to start giving our young players more game time for the remainder of this season.
4. A new, exiting manager has been lined up for next season.
5. A decent transfer budget has been agreed for next season.
6. An exciting, experienced and accomplished director of football will be appointed for next season.
7. A commercial manager will be appointed and tasked to bring the catering and merchandise activities in house as well as developing new income streams such as concerts and events at Deepdale.

It’s probably (or definitely) all just a pipe dream but I am grasping at straws here and my patience with the club is hanging by a thread!

Should be the other way round, the toxic club asking how things will pan out for the rest of the season regarding the fan base !

Should be the other way round, the toxic club asking how things will pan out for the rest of the season regarding the fan base !

Are they really interested in listening to their customers, or are they more likely to tell them this is good as it gets be thankful it could be worse.

I am just hoping that the hierarchy has been busy lining up ducks behind the scenes:
1. Lowe has already been served notice but will carry on until the end of the season in order to reduce our costs to pay him off.
2. The riddler has been told to ‘retire’ at the end of the season (I.e. jump before your pushed.
3. Lowe is under instructions to start giving our young players more game time for the remainder of this season.
4. A new, exiting manager has been lined up for next season.
5. A decent transfer budget has been agreed for next season.
6. An exciting, experienced and accomplished director of football will be appointed for next season.
7. A commercial manager will be appointed and tasked to bring the catering and merchandise activities in house as well as developing new income streams such as concerts and events at Deepdale.

It’s probably (or definitely) all just a pipe dream but I am grasping at straws here and my patience with the club is hanging by a thread!
Dream on Wabi Sabi ... no chance of escaping the current nightmare called PNE

Once I have been on two more matches I will have broken even on my outlay of £280…..

I might start to miss a few more games once I’ve reached that point…

We batter Ipswich tomorrow 5-0 which reignites our season allowing a late push into the playoffs. In the meantime Badges starts to give press conferences that don’t include the use of the word “mate” and begins to form a close bond with his now adoring fan base. Ben Woodburn finds a run of form that produces fifteen goals and he is named in the Championship team of the season. Ryan Ledson finally stops pulling his shorts up to reveal his thighs and gets through the rest of the season without a single yellow card. Following a superb two leg play off semi final victory against Southampton, Ridsdale pays for free transport to Wembley for all the fans who now adore him and hang on his every word. After a stunning 3-0 victory over Dirty Leeds in the richest football match in the world, we finally reach the promised land.
At the post match fans and players party with free real ale for all (paid for out of Craig’s own pocket) Craig and Peter mingle with the fans and promise a £200million injection of cash to boost our push to bring European football to Deepdale for the 2025/26 season.
0D7DA3F9-83E5-46CF-9E66-B5AFF529D8FB.jpeg

The common theme is Lowe out. In this last transfer window we have missed out on so many decent players. We all know that FFP comes into play but surely when \pr, CH and Lowe have meetings they know the window is looking and who they need to move on and out. There is a lot of dead wood in that squad and it needs sorting.

for me this season is finished already, i cant see us getting anywhere near the play offs and we can only hope that the hierarchy get rid of Lowe. His record is as poor as any poor manager we have had in the last years and i don't think he cares if he is here or not and that comes across with his arrogance when interviewed. He needs to look at himself and see what a poor manager he is then again just look where he is from.

Peter Ridsdale has done a lot of good for the club but in not sacking Lowe he has alienated himself from the fans and they wont be happy come Saturday if we concede first

For my nerves, just win a few games quickly to banish any threat of relegation and then full apathy will kick in.

Not great when you're trying to drum up interest for future season tickets. Downward spiral unless we get a clever manager in who can get the most out of the squad.

17 games left
16,830 minutes of football to be played

Sweepstake on how many of those are given to youth prospects?

Not backing Lowe with more expensive signings when neither promotion nor relegation are likely outcomes is fine, but we MUST use the time remaining to be better prepared for next season. For me that includes the obvious giving of minutes to breakthrough prospects (Seary, FRG, Mawene, Stewart, Nelson) alongside trying out new systems/formations.

If the powers that be are truly writing off the season, then the next 6 months becomes the longest pre-season ever ahead of the 2024/25 season.

Failure to have a plan and just whittling the time away would be even more criminal that the current (apparent) malaise the club is in.

17 games left
16,830 minutes of football to be played

Sweepstake on how many of those are given to youth prospects?

Not backing Lowe with more expensive signings when neither promotion nor relegation are likely outcomes is fine, but we MUST use the time remaining to be better prepared for next season. For me that includes the obvious giving of minutes to breakthrough prospects (Seary, FRG, Mawene, Stewart, Nelson) alongside trying out new systems/formations.

If the powers that be are truly writing off the season, then the next 6 months becomes the longest pre-season ever ahead of the 2024/25 season.

Failure to have a plan and just whittling the time away would be even more criminal that the current (apparent) malaise the club is in.
Fail to plan
Plan to fail