PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

How does the rest of the season pan out

We batter Ipswich tomorrow 5-0 which reignites our season allowing a late push into the playoffs. In the meantime Badges starts to give press conferences that don’t include the use of the word “mate” and begins to form a close bond with his now adoring fan base. Ben Woodburn finds a run of form that produces fifteen goals and he is named in the Championship team of the season. Ryan Ledson finally stops pulling his shorts up to reveal his thighs and gets through the rest of the season without a single yellow card. Following a superb two leg play off semi final victory against Southampton, Ridsdale pays for free transport to Wembley for all the fans who now adore him and hang on his every word. After a stunning 3-0 victory over Dirty Leeds in the richest football match in the world, we finally reach the promised land.
At the post match fans and players party with free real ale for all (paid for out of Craig’s own pocket) Craig and Peter mingle with the fans and promise a £200million injection of cash to boost our push to bring European football to Deepdale for the 2025/26 season.
View attachment 19136
I never found my shoes.

Today’s result has made everything a little more interesting.

FWIW, I think we are miles off being play off contenders, but we are only 3 points off. Albeit, those above have games in hand.

However, Hull, who are 6th, are really poor going forward. They’ve won their last two games, 1-0. In those games they’ve clocked 0.11xG and 0.45xG. They even beat us with an xG of 0.50.

I know xG isn’t everything, but clearly, they have an issue with creating and scoring goals.

Coventry have hit a wall over the last few weeks and Sunderland look horrid under Beale. Boro are also very hit and miss.

Point being, if we somehow get a run together, by some miracle we could be in and around come April time. That is then the perfect time for the players to get the flipflops on and play like they’re on the beach and lose our last 6 (like they do every single season).

Today was a big result for us, and Lowe. Keeps it slightly interesting.

FWIW, I think we are miles off being play off contenders, but we are only 3 points off. Albeit, those above have games in hand.

However, Hull, who are 6th, are really poor going forward. They’ve won their last two games, 1-0. In those games they’ve clocked 0.11xG and 0.45xG. They even beat us with an xG of 0.50.

I know xG isn’t everything, but clearly, they have an issue with creating and scoring goals.

Coventry have hit a wall over the last few weeks and Sunderland look horrid under Beale. Boro are also very hit and miss.

Point being, if we somehow get a run together, by some miracle we could be in and around come April time. That is then the perfect time for the players to get the flipflops on and play like they’re on the beach and lose our last 6 (like they do every single season).

We're a better team than the majority in this division but a long way off those that will be challenging for promotion. Dirty Leeds, Southampton etc are far better resourced ro make a serious tilt than us.
I'll get pelters but I think We're doing as well as we can expect.

We batter Ipswich tomorrow 5-0 which reignites our season allowing a late push into the playoffs. In the meantime Badges starts to give press conferences that don’t include the use of the word “mate” and begins to form a close bond with his now adoring fan base. Ben Woodburn finds a run of form that produces fifteen goals and he is named in the Championship team of the season. Ryan Ledson finally stops pulling his shorts up to reveal his thighs and gets through the rest of the season without a single yellow card. Following a superb two leg play off semi final victory against Southampton, Ridsdale pays for free transport to Wembley for all the fans who now adore him and hang on his every word. After a stunning 3-0 victory over Dirty Leeds in the richest football match in the world, we finally reach the promised land.
At the post match fans and players party with free real ale for all (paid for out of Craig’s own pocket) Craig and Peter mingle with the fans and promise a £200million injection of cash to boost our push to bring European football to Deepdale for the 2025/26 season.
View attachment 19136
Blimey, at half time I was beginning to think it wasn’t a drink induced dream after all.
🤪🤪

How do you generate such little xG with their attacking options?

How do you generate such little xG with their attacking options?

Baffling.

I don’t watch enough of them to know if it’s Roseniors tactics or just poor play.

They started today with Philogene, Carvalho and Zaroury. To only have 0.45 xG with talent like that is crazy. Morton behind them too.

Might just take them a few weeks to click but really can’t see them generating such small numbers for the rest of the season, surely?

We're a better team than the majority in this division but a long way off those that will be challenging for promotion. Dirty Leeds, Southampton etc are far better resourced ro make a serious tilt than us.
I'll get pelters but I think We're doing as well as we can expect.
For much of the season we have been clearly amongst the bottom handful.

Playoffs - looks like being 72-3 ish for 6th this season which leaves us needing about 30 off 16 games.

After collecting 22 off 22 it’s going to take a serious long term turnaround to be anywhere near.

Conversely, we prob only need another win to be pretty much safe. Weird league this season.

It’s been a very lumpy season, not just for us but for two thirds of the clubs in the Championship.

It’s highly unlikely we will get in the play offs, but still possible, so while it’s there let’s believe, it’s not beyond reality to go on a winning run, starting with Cardiff away.

It looks like 3/4 top teams with Leicester and Southampton getting automatic, leaving a disgruntled Leeds and Ipswich to fight it out with 2 stragglers......

And we know play offs can’t be called......

This is definitely a weird season.

It’s been a very lumpy season, not just for us but for two thirds of the clubs in the Championship.

It’s highly unlikely we will get in the play offs, but still possible, so while it’s there let’s believe, it’s not beyond reality to go on a winning run, starting with Cardiff away.

It looks like 3/4 top teams with Leicester and Southampton getting automatic, leaving a disgruntled Leeds and Ipswich to fight it out with 2 stragglers......

And we know play offs can’t be called......

This is definitely a weird season.
Agreed about the top 4 ….

I fancy WBA and Coventry to join them.

Leeds to win the play offs

Since Riis came back and started playing meaningful minutes (I'm going with Bristol City), we've earned 7 points out of 12. IF we can maintain that pace, and I know that's a big if, that should put us around 70 points for the season and right in the playoffs race.

I don't trust Loew to maintain this pace, but I believe that's our ceiling this year.

Since Riis came back and started playing meaningful minutes (I'm going with Bristol City), we've earned 7 points out of 12. IF we can maintain that pace, and I know that's a big if, that should put us around 70 points for the season and right in the playoffs race.

I don't trust Loew to maintain this pace, but I believe that's our ceiling this year.
Have we changed the manager without me realising?

1707096609895.png