PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Alan Browne - 400

The problem with this is McCann is often injured as Whiteman has been this year. You therefore are reliant on Ledson and the AN Other you mention bringing in. Are you therefore advocating that we water down the quality of our midfield?
I think it's more important for us to focus on improving the starting 11. Depth is obviously important so will need additions for this too, especially for a 46 game season, but our defence is shite. And our wide options that are actually our own players, we barely have any. These are higher up on the priority list IMO.

I hear we are getting closer. There still a diference on required contract length. He wants 4 years; think we’re at 2 or 3. Concerns over on-going niggling injuries; hip etc. and this could be a problem if he looked elsewhere. Hope we can sort it.

The irony is whatever we offer him if it goes wrong through injury or a drop in form, the experts in how to run a football club on here would have offered him a different deal.

I'd offer him 3 years with a year option, hopefully that covers him wanting a four year deal.

The irony is whatever we offer him if it goes wrong through injury or a drop in form, the experts in how to run a football club on here would have offered him a different deal.

I'd offer him 3 years with a year option, hopefully that covers him wanting a four year deal.
Is that not true of any decision in any walk of life business or personal, hindsight is always given early to those who didn’t have a decision to make. It’s not unique to PNEFC that’s for sure.

I agree 3 year deal though.

Last edited:
I hear we are getting closer. There still a diference on required contract length. He wants 4 years; think we’re at 2 or 3. Concerns over on-going niggling injuries; hip etc. and this could be a problem if he looked elsewhere. Hope we can sort it.
If we gave Whiteman 4 years (unofficial but someone on here suggested it) then I don’t see why we’d not offer Browne 4.

Is that not true of any decision in any walk of life business or personal, hindsight is always given early to those who didn’t have a decision to make. It’s not unique to PNEFC that’s for sure.

I agree 3 year deal though.

It is, but the experts don't see it as hindsight, they're convinced that they would have done things differently at the time. But only tell you that afterwards.
Be interesting for people on here to nail their colours to the mast now on this thread and say what they'd offer him.

We could never replace Browne and if you did sign someone close to what Browne can do you still have to pay that disappointing incoming player.

After all he has given us this is one where arguing over details should not be happening.

Just give him what he wants, play him where he wants and you will get what you want.

It is, but the experts don't see it as hindsight, they're convinced that they would have done things differently at the time. But only tell you that afterwards.
Be interesting for people on here to nail their colours to the mast now on this thread and say what they'd offer him.

If Browne wants 4 years, he can have them. He's not in a position where his game will noticeably drop if he slows down a little, so that's not a concern for me.

'Me and him' ffs. No class, the man's a cretin.

In the past Mr.Hemmings would ensure that this situation would get sorted.

I hope Craig is on top of this alongside Peter.

To lose your longest serving player & club capatin who happens to be one of your best players for FREE would be unacceptable.

"Without speaking out of turn, he sees what suits him and we see it differently. But, Al doesn’t know this yet, so I am telling you - but I will sit down with Al next week, after the QPR game. And if we can thrash something out, I will be wanting answers sooner rather than later"

So he's gone to the media first? Without telling Alan Browne?

Absolute thundercunt.

In the past Mr.Hemmings would ensure that this situation would get sorted.I hope Craig is on top of this alongside Peter.

To lose your longest serving player & club capatin who happens to be one of your best players would be unacceptable.
No doubt, would be disastrous not only from a player standpoint as he just makes us so much better when he is out there, but from a club standpoint in general also. We simply must get this done.

I feel in my heart that Alan wants to stay and reading between the lines on what he has said about being here, makes that even more so. On the flip side though, cannot blame the guy if we try to rip him off as it were and he feels what is best for his career and his family is to move on.

Wish had more faith in who we have doing these discussions...but that is what it is.

We shall see.

‘He sees what suits him and we see it differently’
Ryan Lowe says that this is not speaking out of turn before sitting down with Browne next week?