PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Recent content by Whitewombler

1. W

Transfer gossip - Summer Window 2021

Peter’s quotes earlier in the year about being in a great position financially, to top up the squad, are ageing well so far eh
  2. W

Transfer gossip - Summer Window 2021

Can’t decide what is worse, not signing anyone (thus far) or that we haven’t offloaded (through deals or pay off) some of the absolute bin juice we are carrying
  3. W

It’s got to be someone’s fault !

I recall when PR attended one of the FTF interviews he said: Hemmings runs the club like any other of his businesses, there's a budget we have to abide by, look out for other clubs falling into financial trouble….. Owning a football club should be a passion, in my eyes. It requires more of an...
  4. W

Alan Browne incident with supporters.

An instinctive reaction to seeing your fans boo. Shouldn’t have done it, will no doubt regret it too. Rather than AB, our focus should be on the owner and his strategy for this club.
  5. W

Planned protest (post match inside stadium)

It needs to be aimed at TH, he determines the budget for recruitment. Risdale, in fairness, is just the public view embodiment of what TH decides. I’ve said in a previous post, unless TH changes tact or sells up we will always be stuck in this rut. Sell our assets, replace with absolute bin juice.
  6. W

Please remove Peter Ridsdale. (Poll Reset)

I’m no fan of PR by any means, but will removing him change our transfer policy / strategy? The only way you will see real change is by Trev either changing tact or he sells up.
  7. W

Who agrees with Ben Pearson’s view on our transfer policy?

A great post. Easy for me to say, given I’m not the one spending the cash but if you own a football club should you expect to break even? It’s like no other business. Unlike a business, a football club’s employees (specifically players) need a constant refresh.
  8. W

Podcast

I have to say a big congrats and thank you, FTF guys, for your continued efforts with the pod. It’s great to have and I think you all do a great job at it. Having listened to the recent episode with PR, I do think you could have pushed him further especially on the two Ben situations and you...
  9. W

Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

Well, the club have made their job in the Summer a huge one if you consider the recruitment required and other players’ contracts running down. I still can’t get past how the club have managed the contract situations ie Davies, Pearson, DJ so awfully. It’s a huge scandal in my view. I hope it...
  10. W

Whilst good loan signings, Molumby & Iversen are distractions from the reality we face
  11. W

Great move for Ben, really pleased for him. now, back to PNE please. By all accounts I hear VDB is a decent player, won’t set the world alight, big presence at the back but doesn’t have a lot of pace. Let’s see! i do look at the squad and think that this summers’ recruitment will be the most...
  12. W

Upset at players leaving.

I’m not upset at Pearson leaving, all the very best to him. That being said, did he really need to conduct his interview in that way? Whilst his comments may be true there is always something to be said about leaving in the right manner. For example, the comment about always intending on leaving? No
  13. W

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

I see. Well, directed at Ott, I’ll reserve judgement for now but if you are indeed telling a lie then you need to find some other form of entertainment. Just message a Mod with the info and be done with it, if true.
  14. W

I hope you get well soon, but I don’t see the relevance to the post? Aside from OTT potentially telling porkies
  15. W

This has wound too many people up on here. Calm. OTT - can you state when this news is likely to break? Then we can all just sit & wait. Perhaps we can move topic until such time.