PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. However, even at 20%, it’s not going to be a fortune. If he turns out to be a success, they won’t sell him.
If he sold on quickly, it’s as I said, not a fortune.
Could easily see him doing well but being surplus to requirements once their defence is fully fit- from there any number of clubs could pay a hefty fee for him.

Nothing to do with being soft.

Just think it’s poor form from a guy who knows him and whose view will be seen by hundreds of thousands of people.

I said to the Liverpool fan earlier I was surprised Liverpool have come in for him,nobody gives a shit what I think, I know😄, but I said time will tell if he rises to the occasion.

However A respected ex Liverpool player writing him off for all their fans to see before the lads even signed a contract, never mind kicked a ball for them, is a bit of a cunts trick In my opinion.
Surely it'd be wrong of him to give anything other than his honest opinion, given that he's paid to be a pundit and give an honest opinion. He can't be letting the fact he has ties to Preston get in the way of him doing his job. People on here moan all the time about pundits being biased in favour of other clubs like Leeds, but now it seems like you're asking Lawro to be biased in favour of us and Ben Davies.

The Lawro comments come across as honest but a bit to harsh, especially when the last paragraph mentions how he knows him personally and he likes him lol.

Hope he does brilliantly - thought Celtic was a great move for him (and Pearo tbf as a Browne replacement) going to one of the biggest clubs in Britain. But one of the biggest clubs in the world and very likely gonna get game time for the next month or so is amazing. Hope he does himself proud - worse case scenario he can go to Celtic/West Brom/Bournemouth in July anyways

I just dont know why Liverpool have left this till now. They could have done this 7 games ago and maybe having a proper CB and Hendo/Fabinho in their proper positions means more points (and more time for us to bring in a replacement).

Good luck Ben

Where did this absolute myth come from? From what I know, she’s definitely not homesick. I don’t understand it
Off here somewhere Jamie.

Personally, I don't believe anyone is "homesick" from The Championship upwards given the cash rewards.

Surely it'd be wrong of him to give anything other than his honest opinion, given that he's paid to be a pundit and give an honest opinion. He can't be letting the fact he has ties to Preston get in the way of him doing his job. People on here moan all the time about pundits being biased in favour of other clubs like Leeds, but now it seems like you're asking Lawro to be biased in favour of us and Ben Davies.
Is he a pundit anymore because I never see him on anything.

Theres one thing giving your opinion but then he puts him down several times After initially saying he’s not good enough.

Not asking him to be biased Either.

Just reads like he’s throwing Davies under the bus already before he’s even signed

👍🏻

Its tight for time and paperwork but we really should be offering Cardiff and Fleetwood some incentive to allow us to make Cunningham and Evans perms, even if just for 6 months. It doesn't make any real difference to those clubs but should allow us some wriggle room for loans and our matchday squads.

We've lost multiple first teamers over the last year as well as the long term injuries to Rudd and BGF and Gallys gradual ease out of first team football.

Its a proper overhaul and this window is mainly stop gaps. Though hopefully Cunningham, Iverson and Mouloumby will be back with us next year as feel they defo make us stronger.

We've unfortunately shifted out some of our best players and kept lots of the deadwood. Harrop and Earl getting loans is great, hopefully Bayliss tomorrow as well as cant see him getting game time though with Browne perm RB, maybe.

Reactions: rem
Can’t see why it would be a bad career move. If it didn’t work out he would be in the shop window for most European clubs.

True. I just think at this stage of his career he would be better off playing every week.

Maybe he will learn more training with world class players? Who knows.

Happy Miggs Day everyone!

tenor.gif

The Times reports Ben has gone to Liverpool for 1.6 million surely this figure is wrong?

I really cant see us coming out of this window stronger than before, backwards steps at a time when other clubs are struggling. I thought that perhaps our stability might help us but its not to be. Dour performances and some of the worst attacking football i’ve seen in a very long time. AN isnt the man, Ridsdale isnt the answer and Hemmings has taken us nowhere.
im sure AN made a comment last year about his dislike for loans, well now we’re full of them and no chance of building for next season and hitting the ground running.
Sorry to be so negative but im full of a cold and I hate Mondays.

I really cant see us coming out of this window stronger than before, backwards steps at a time when other clubs are struggling. I thought that perhaps our stability might help us but its not to be. Dour performances and some of the worst attacking football i’ve seen in a very long time. AN isnt the man, Ridsdale isnt the answer and Hemmings has taken us nowhere.
im sure AN made a comment last year about his dislike for loans, well now we’re full of them and no chance of building for next season and hitting the ground running.

Riddler vowed that any player leaving would be replaced with the same or better quality, interesting to see what CBs come in!

Think Ben will just be back up if this is the case.

One of footballs greatest experiences and opportunity for Ben, it’s a no brainier for what appears to be a nice guy. His apparent calmness could serve him well at one of the world biggest clubs, but perhaps not as massive as Bournemouth? 🤣

Well, the club have made their job in the Summer a huge one if you consider the recruitment required and other players’ contracts running down.

I still can’t get past how the club have managed the contract situations ie Davies, Pearson, DJ so awfully. It’s a huge scandal in my view. I hope it never happens again but I’m not convinced that will be the case

You're a right miserable sod sometimes!

You could be right, but as fans were also facing what could be our most exciting deadline day ever!

Let's just see how it goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.