PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January 2024 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
News to me - I agree it would have been a freak scenario and am certainly not ruling it out as the truth, but didn't Ridsdale suggest at a fans' forum last season that the reason Dolan didn't get a deal was down to Alex Neil?
The laughable thing is we let Dolan leave in the summer of 2020 and a month later gave Harrop a bumper extension taking him to 2023.

I think at that stage Neil didn't give a hoot who or what Riddler signed up. By next March Neil was fired. He'd long since checked out mentally.

Another success story for our Cat 3 academy status. Bravo!

From Morecambe site:

"Progressing from U18 level to first team level is a big jump, and Adam has gone through a number of steps to get to where he is now," he said. Adam joined us at U16's, and we retained him as a third year scholar to give him the time to develop and get used to open age football. Players develop at different rates, but when Adam came to us from Preston, he was physically developed and had a good profile with his speed and power. His confidence was the stumbling block at that point and he didn't back himself in games. He needed to be a bit more positive when in possession of the ball, and once he got over that, we all saw a real improvement in his overall game."

If Dolan was viewed as an exceptional talent then I'd guess AN could have made a claim for him to stay and get a deal done, but he didn't pull up any trees on loan at Clitheroe and would have been our sixth choice number 10 anyway...
Fair points.

To further play devils' advocate for the club, I suppose it's only in hindsight now that he's gone on to make a lot of appearances for a local rival that it's become a commonly-held opinion to claim it as a mistake to have let him go for free.

The same summer Dolan was released we got good money from Sheff Utd for Robinson, still had decent options in the attacking midfield/out wide, the likes of Pearson, Fisher and Davies were still here and Bauer hadn't had his injury yet - we were a very good side for the level at that time and had been threatening a run at the playoffs for a few seasons. We should have kicked on, and if we had then maybe we wouldn't be talking about Dolan at all.

One of the two sources I get info from.
He told me the exact figure of 300k plus add-ons.
Agent made contact to let us know price agreed with Millwall and we simply said not interested.
Fucking clueless PNE. He's an absolute steal for that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.