PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January 2024 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even to the neutral fan that thinks we’re a well run club, if we sell our captain on deadline day, even they may begin to doubt themselves.

How someone responsible for the hiring and firing players, over a period of 12 years without any success, is still at the club, is totally beyond comprehension!

How someone responsible for the hiring and firing players, over a period of 12 years without any success, is still at the club, is totally beyond comprehension!

Who puts themselves in a position where it costs the club money to move a player OUT ffs? Some of the deals and contracts he's arranged for players defy credibility.

No personal knowledge but have seen some reputable accounts on twitter post about it.

Hopefully you're not talking about this one because it's a bogus account that either makes up fake stuff or just takes other news.

Reactions: OB1
No personal knowledge but have seen some reputable accounts on twitter post about it.
Have you I don't think one reputable account post about this? Some dodgy fake agent twitter is on fact only one I have seen.

Most reputable account is the one that tweeted about Italy today.

The 'he isn't going to Italy' makes me think that he may be going elsewhere...

Probably off shopping to B&M Bargains
Unless he goes on a pre-contract we can control if he signs for someone or not in next 24 hours. I don't imagine any club throwing down the kinda cash that would tempt us to sell him tomorrow.

In our squad he may be viewed as integral in amongst the driftwood like Ledson. But at most other clubs at this level he'd just be a very experienced player. Not some core acquisition.

We will doubtless cave and offer him the money he wants. Probably on a contract that's too long. Like we have done with Whiteman imho.

At least this Italy link has provided some intrigue in a window that will go down as the most boring window in modern North End history.

B&M Bargains it is then.

Just speculation on my part, but with Keith Andrews now being Chris Wilder's assistant, I wonder if Sheff Utd might have interest in Browne on the cheap/ free. Think he's still technically the ROI assistant.

Unless he goes on a pre-contract we can control if he signs for someone or not in next 24 hours. I don't imagine any club throwing down the kinda cash that would tempt us to sell him tomorrow.

In our squad he may be viewed as integral in amongst the driftwood like Ledson. But at most other clubs at this level he'd just be a very experienced player. Not some core acquisition.

We will doubtless cave and offer him the money he wants. Probably on a contract that's too long. Like we have done with Whiteman imho.

At least this Italy link has provided some intrigue in a window that will go down as the most boring window in modern North End history.

B&M Bargains it is then.

Damned if we do damned if we don't.

Don't renew or sell him or give him the money he wants either way the Dreyfuss stick to beat the club would be out.

What would be your ideal resolution in this scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.