PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Alan Browne - 400

He has been a brilliant player but we’ve achieved nothing with him so maybe its time to move on.

The fact he is only giving his answer on the final day speaks volumes, he won’t be 100% committed to the cause, we can’t afford to have that, especially being the captain.

Thank you for everything Alan!

When do we normally get the retained list? I'm sure its usually only a few days after the final game, maybe that's what the Wednesday deadline is

They won’t be waiting till Wednesday…..
Confused Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

They won’t be waiting till Wednesday…..

Lowe's basically said in the LEP he needs a new set of captains next year...

"I will design it next year where there is a leadership group and we will have a leadership captain in that group, who will liaise and bring everything back to us. We are all over on one side of the building and we’ve got a great relationship with all of the players. They feed things back to us when we ask them and we leave them on their own in meetings and ask what it is they need back from us. We’ve sort of got it, a little bit, we just haven’t named five or six leadership candidates who can look after it. But, next season that’s certainly what we’ll be doing.

And I have got things in my mind that I want from leaders - how they’ve got to adapt themselves and equip themselves well. So, we’ll be looking at loads of stuff. I am big on leadership skills and as I say, we’ve got some good ones. But, to have four or five of them rather than one or two of them, will probably help us.”

"I will design it next year where there is a leadership group and we will have a leadership captain in that group, who will liaise and bring everything back to us. We are all over on one side of the building and we’ve got a great relationship with all of the players. They feed things back to us when we ask them and we leave them on their own in meetings and ask what it is they need back from us. We’ve sort of got it, a little bit, we just haven’t named five or six leadership candidates who can look after it. But, next season that’s certainly what we’ll be doing.

And I have got things in my mind that I want from leaders - how they’ve got to adapt themselves and equip themselves well. So, we’ll be looking at loads of stuff. I am big on leadership skills and as I say, we’ve got some good ones. But, to have four or five of them rather than one or two of them, will probably help us.”

Can't wait to sign this year's Kevin Nicholls or Andy Procter.

Yes there has been too much of that kind of signing.
It really should be stating the obvious when I say we need to be more innovative and imaginative than that.
At least we have started looking in Europe but need good judgement.

Yet another 'bullshit baffles brains' exercise.

Having 100 leaders come back to you and say we’re playing the most turgid football in recent years isn’t going to change anything. Every man and his dog already knows that. The only actual leader we need is the one who’s literal job title is the manager, not one who shirks behind players when they lose because he refuses to change his dogshit broken system that we haven’t got the personnel for, has rapidly fallen out of fashion and that he’s had too long to still not have brought in the players for.

Sounds like he just wants a gang of yes men to back up his bollocks amongst the players to me, which signposts that obviously a group of players aren’t really taking him on. Old yes men are often mercenaries who want paying for there loyalty. Not too hard to read between the lines really. Manager who can’t get the team to play a tune needs a group of leaders? Sounds like he wants further protection to pretend he’s the dogs bollocks to me whilst the statistics show he’s a charlatan.

I can’t wait till next week.

Alan Browne leaves but then we announce the extension of ched, Cunningham and woodburn to ‘soften the blow.’