PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Bolton Wanderers

You would be pissed if you've got a season ticket.

They also have a date at the High Court tomorrow which could potentially end in them being liquidated - though I can't see it myself.

It’s been adjourned for another five weeks. Apparently a sale has been agreed. They’ve been given until May 8th to pay HMRC.

Somewhat scabby they get so much time, but some sense in it also, least this way it will see them out until the end of the season.

I don't want to see any club go to the wall, but it pisses me off to see clubs who don't manage their finances properly getting away with things.

My hope is they do get sold and stabilise, but get relegated and start next season with a points deduction as well as having a good few years wondering the lower divisions - may help bring their fan's expectation down a bit also.

Somewhat scabby they get so much time, but some sense in it also, least this way it will see them out until the end of the season.

I don't want to see any club go to the wall, but it pisses me off to see clubs who don't manage their finances properly getting away with things.

My hope is they do get sold and stabilise, but get relegated and start next season with a points deduction as well as having a good few years wondering the lower divisions - may help bring their fan's expectation down a bit also.
I agree with you northender1881. No matter what, even if they do get a new owner, they have messed about their players and staff with not paying them and messed about everyone else, i.e. the HMRC, the EFL, etc that they should start next season, no matter what division they are in, on minus 12 points. Like you, I get annoyed that these clubs show very little regard for the FFP rules by splashing the cash that they don't really have whilst other clubs like ourselves try to do it the correct way. I hope that Sheffield Wednesday, Derby Couny and Aston Villa if they start next season in the Championship also start on minus 12 points.

The proposed new owner was banned for three years from owning any English club following financial misdemeanours at his previous club, Watford. The EFL is a shambles if it allows this guy to take ownership of BWFC or any other club. The "fit and proper person" rules need rewriting.

Bit weird that court case yesterday, their barrister was apparently begging for a 7 day adjournment, judge went away to deliberate and came back and gave them 4 weeks..

Due to a critical failure of the stadium’s IT system, Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship match against Ipswich Town at the University of Bolton Stadium is in doubt.

Engineers will be working through the night to resolve this issue and the club will provide an update at the earliest available opportunity.

Aye OK!!!! :rolleyes:

I agree with you northender1881. No matter what, even if they do get a new owner, they have messed about their players and staff with not paying them and messed about everyone else, i.e. the HMRC, the EFL, etc that they should start next season, no matter what division they are in, on minus 12 points. Like you, I get annoyed that these clubs show very little regard for the FFP rules by splashing the cash that they don't really have whilst other clubs like ourselves try to do it the correct way. I hope that Sheffield Wednesday, Derby Couny and Aston Villa if they start next season in the Championship also start on minus 12 points.

I believe Villa got round the rules by ' Sugar Daddy ' type loans - I agree re these so called ' Big Clubs '

Agree - Rovers did a turn in League 1 - they thought they could play their way out of it

Two interesting observations from yesterday's Bolton v Ipswich game....

Colin Quaner scored both of the Ipswich goals ( he was linked to us a while ago )

The crowd was 17,811 - I wonder if there was a cheap ticket deal ??

Fingers crossed their financial woes are still going to catch up with them somewhere down the line.

Wasn't there a player that turned down Preston and went to Rovers ? or at least he was beyond Preston's budget ?

I heard the discussion about five to three yesterday on Radio Lancashire whilst tuned to 95.50 FM - the normal one for the Dingles , it was ' interesting '

Players on £17/18 grand a year in that division for Bolton

Wasn't there a player that turned down Preston and went to Rovers ? or at least he was beyond Preston's budget ?

I heard the discussion about five to three yesterday on Radio Lancashire whilst tuned to 95.50 FM - the normal one for the Dingles , it was ' interesting '

Players on £17/18 grand a year in that division for Bolton
That would be Adam Armstrong. Basically Rovers were prepared to pay double what we had on the table in wages