PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

Meanwhile in the real world leading economists have said that Brexit is likely to have cost the UK more than £200 billion in lost economic growth by the end of this year - a figure that almost eclipses the total amount the UK has paid towards the EU budget over the past 47 years.

Quite ironic that the huge promised cost savings were such a central part of the leave campaign and the reason why so many of the 52% voted to leave.

Business uncertainty has caused the UK's economic growth to lag behind that of other G7 countries since the 2016 vote.

Following the GE election result business confidence has dipped and annualised economic growth fallen from 2% to around 1% - and the annual cost of Brexit is likely to keep increasing.

Bugger, we could have paid for half of HS2 with that... :)

For the few of you who are interested in the workings of the EU, Varoufakis is going to release recordings he took at the Eurogroup meetings in 2015, which I await with great interest :D :

Barnier saying a Canada deal is not on the table.

Sigh...Had you offered Cameron the sort of reforms that you're now considering, you know, the ones Merkel placed on the table in 2014 and withdrew in Jan 2016 then there would be no table and no Canada deal would be required.

First you thought we wouldn't vote to leave.
Then you thought we might be persuaded to change our minds, after all everybody else does in the second referendum.
Then you thought we would vote out the pro-Leave govt/prime minister (twice).

Starting to wonder if the Brits might not be entirely to blame Michel??????

For the few of you who are interested in the workings of the EU, Varoufakis is going to release recordings he took at the Eurogroup meetings in 2015, which I await with great interest :D :

Is that the same guy who advised us to stay as it was a lesser evil. Or have things changed? I. Getting puddled now☹️

ERHq9v6WoAATpZo

So now the government wants to give all the best jobs to foreigners and keep all the low paid ones for us Brits.....

Nice one Boris....

Back in 2017 Michel ‘warns’ us we’ll get something little better than the deal Canada got.

Don't fall for it again would be my advice, posturing, the Frogs are good at that have been through the ages

IF they really don’t want a deal, and that becomes clear in the next few months, our Government must (I would like to see some urgency NOW) to develop deals with other Countries who DO want to trade with us

Leave (yes that’s the word) the EU to stagnate in their own way and show some believe in ourselves I say

So now the government wants to give all the best jobs to foreigners and keep all the low paid ones for us Brits.....

Nice one Boris....

Have you been listening to all those defeatist Remoaners Again?

Sounds like it to me
‘Grow a pair’ for God’s sake

Only dictators and totalitarians would consider punishing an entire people for enacting a democratic decision !

Only <insert words of choice here> would call entering difficult business negotiations as the much smaller party and being dealt the shittier hand "punishment" rather than accepting it was always going to be thus