PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Christmas is cancelled but for the PNE players, "Lets Party!"

Tomorrow's chip wrapper
Yet again the worst aspects of 2020 on show, the curtain twitching and running commentary on how everyone else is behaving
Just look after yourselves, maybe if the vulnerable were protected how they should be with the might and compassion of the state then fit young people wouldn't have to put up with all this sneering for living their lives

Interesting to see what the official line is from the club today about this incident, if there is an official line that is......or whether they just let it blow over.

yes these arseholes did wrong and showed contempt for everyone trying to stay safe, however they are not worse than the absolute covidiots who pollute the streets, shops, trains and buses every day showing no respect at all, ignorance, selfishness and stupidity is the reason we are where we are re the bloody virus, these arsehole footballers just like so many others simply don't give a fuck.

yes these arseholes did wrong and showed contempt for everyone trying to stay safe, however they are not worse than the absolute covidiots who pollute the streets, shops, trains and buses every day showing no respect at all, ignorance, selfishness and stupidity is the reason we are where we are re the bloody virus, these arsehole footballers just like so many others simply don't give a fuck.
Yep, just another bunch of bellends, with an added dose of total over-priveleged tone-deaf stupidity.

Yep, just another bunch of bellends, with an added dose of total over-priveleged tone-deaf stupidity.

they're playing football twice a week for our entertainment, in an environment probably as dangerous as any with close contact mixing on a very regular basis; put a beer in their hands and they're over-priveleged tone-deaf stupid bellends (y) .

report the incident to the police and they'll be obliged to investigate

they're playing football twice a week for our entertainment, in an environment probably as dangerous as any with close contact mixing on a very regular basis; put a beer in their hands and they're over-priveleged tone-deaf stupid bellends (y) .

People can feel something is wrong without feeling the need to grass on others, you know.

Strange concept i guess, these days.

Tomorrow's chip wrapper
Yet again the worst aspects of 2020 on show, the curtain twitching and running commentary on how everyone else is behaving
Just look after yourselves, maybe if the vulnerable were protected how they should be with the might and compassion of the state then fit young people wouldn't have to put up with all this sneering for living their lives

I am clinically extremely vulnerable myself and don't want protecting thanks. I want my life back as does most of the country. No fun being confined to the four walls of my house all year.

It's all these small acts of selfishness that are prolonging this way of life and if we aren't are all working together we will continue to be in this mess

I suppose I'm pretty fucked off because I've had one proper pint in a pub since March and a curry. So, frankly, it does rankle quite a lot to see the players of the team I pay good money to support rubbing out collective noses in it. They expect support, I expect them to conduct themselves with a bit of professionalism. They're perfectly entitled to let their hair down in normal circumstances but not in that way at the moment.

Suppose it’s a little bit like a football team this isn’t it. Only takes a few cogs not to be pulling in the same direction as others for things not to be quite working correctly. This virus doesn’t affect some as much as others (lucky them), but it’s quite a selfish approach to dismiss it as not that big a deal if it doesn’t affect me too much. Some need to open their eyes a little further...

Putting their escapades to one side this myth that they are allowed to have a few beers with the lads because they are "in the entertainment business" is getting on my wick.

They are outdoors most of the time.

They get regularly tested.

They have access to the best health care.

They are not working on a hospital ward, carehome or ICU. They are not working daily with people who have covid or putting their lifes at risk.

They are being paid more in a couple of weeks than most nurses earn in a year.

They deserve as much protection from Covid as anyone else.

They are in a very privileged position.

However, to say they are in a environment as dangerous as any is complete bollocks.

Last edited:
I am clinically extremely vulnerable myself and don't want protecting thanks. I want my life back as does most of the country. No fun being confined to the four walls of my house all year.

It's all these small acts of selfishness that are prolonging this way of life and if we aren't are all working together we will continue to be in this mess
As I understand it all players were tested and came back negative shortly before the night out. How are they prolonging the lockdown may I ask? I’d suggest it’s down to this wholly incompetent government really, not 20 covid negative lads.

I want shopping along Fishergate yesterday and you can bet that was a damned sight more dangerous than what the players did on Saturday.

Putting their escapades to one side this myth that they are allowed to have a few beers with the lads because they are "in the entertainment business" is getting on my wick.

They are outdoors most of the time.

They get regularly tested.

They have access to the best health care.

They are not working on a hospital ward, carehome or ICU. They are not working daily with people who have covid or putting their lifes at risk.

They are being paid more in a couple of weeks than most nurses earn in a year.

They deserve as much protection from Covid as anyone else.

They are in a very privileged position.

However, to say they are in a environment as dangerous as any is complete bollocks.

100% this.