PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Darren Ferguson Q&A Tonight

Your friend Saint Alan did his best to ruin it.

By telling Danny "night" Mayor he was a million miles from the first team you mean? Seems a spot on assessment to me. Plus Barton wasn't ready at that stage. How else did he do his best to ruin it now - you wouldn't have just made that up to try and look cool in front of your idols Danny and Shaky would you? :eek:

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to type all that up HeyshamWhite :)

Many thanks from me to although the comment that Unsworth leaves all the "tactical" stuff to Ferguson will give me a restless night I think. The decision that Nolan isn't good enough but Davidson is provides the final confirmation that Ferguson is completely and utterly clueless (like any further evidence was needed I know).

By telling Danny "night" Mayor he was a million miles from the first team you mean? Seems a spot on assessment to me. Plus Barton wasn't ready at that stage. How else did he do his best to ruin it now - you wouldn't have just made that up to try and look cool in front of your idols Danny and Shaky now would you? :eek:

When Ferguson came in he gave Mayor a chance right away, and Barton was soon to follow. Rather than naming a bench of 5 subs, he actually put some young pros on there. How demoralising do you think it would of been for the youths that Irvine would rather name 5 subs than include them? And my "idols" Shaky and Danny? I don't think so.

Thanks very much for taking the time to attend the meeting and transmit the content. Interesting that an hour and a half answering fans' questions gives us so much more information than any number of post-match interviews, pre-match press conferences etc etc in the local media.

Bullet points from tonights meeting, not in any particular order

All in all DF comes across as a very positive guy, he didnt get an easy ride, he speaks well and is clear in what he wants, the football under Irvine was boring and he wants to play attractive football, we havent converted our chances and its creating a confidence issue. The guy needs a break IMHO, we need a win to get things going

Well I think we need to go back to Irvines ways of unactractive football, just to get some points on the board. Start with Draws or whatever, Win Ugly by 1 - nil and then build on that, because his P45 is ready to be Printed and only points can stop it.

Asked about St. Ledger playing in front of the defence. Said he had given thought to it and tried it in pre-season. Joked that knowing St.Ledger, he'd have a couple of good games and start thinking he was Maradona. Said really he wanted St. Ledger in defence to build a partnership with Brown. Feels St. Ledger didn't play well when he returned from Middlesbrough, but has improved this season. Thinks well get the best out of him playing with Brown, who is vocal, an organiser and will be dominant in the air. Feels this is the type of player suited to partnering St. Ledger, as his best form has come playing alongside these type of defenders (cited Mawene as an example)
Apologies for spelling/grammatical errors, I was too busy trying to remember stuff[/QUOTE]

Yes he's vocal and tries to organise, St Ledger should be able to do this but dominant in the air? no he's not and that is our achiles heel in defence and has been since the Youl Mawene Claude Davies partnership.

Many thanks from me to although the comment that Unsworth leaves all the "tactical" stuff to Ferguson will give me a restless night I think. The decision that Nolan isn't good enough but Davidson is provides the final confirmation that Ferguson is completely and utterly clueless (like any further evidence was needed I know).

Wait a minute, wasn't Davidson chose ahead of Nolan every game until Davidson's injury. And as soon as Davidson come back from his injury, despite the form of Nolan, he was dropped for the captain. Who made him captain again? Who got rid of Hill for Elliott because he thought Davidson was the better defender. This provides the final confirmation that Irvine is completely and utterly clueless (like any further evidence was needed I know).

Asked about St. Ledger playing in front of the defence. Said he had given thought to it and tried it in pre-season. Joked that knowing St.Ledger, he'd have a couple of good games and start thinking he was Maradona. Said really he wanted St. Ledger in defence to build a partnership with Brown. Feels St. Ledger didn't play well when he returned from Middlesbrough, but has improved this season. Thinks well get the best out of him playing with Brown, who is vocal, an organiser and will be dominant in the air. Feels this is the type of player suited to partnering St. Ledger, as his best form has come playing alongside these type of defenders (cited Mawene as an example)
Apologies for spelling/grammatical errors, I was too busy trying to remember stuff

Yes he's vocal and tries to organise, St Ledger should be able to do this but dominant in the air? no he's not and that is our achiles heel in defence and has been since the Youl Mawene Claude Davies partnership.[/QUOTE]

I think he means W.Brown.

Yes he's vocal and tries to organise, St Ledger should be able to do this but dominant in the air? no he's not and that is our achiles heel in defence and has been since the Youl Mawene Claude Davies partnership.

I think he means W.Brown.[/QUOTE]

Read again mate i'm refering to W Brown, DF said that he thought Brown is a good organiser and dominant in the air? no he's not, Barnett the Norwich centre half could have had three in the first half such was the ease he got above our defence at free kicks and corners.

Last edited:
I'd be gutted if Darren was sacked. He's everything I'd want in a Preston manager, has a good eye for a player, wants the youth set-up to be successful, wants to play good attacking football and his dad is Alex Ferguson which has got to help. I don't feel he is a good defensive coach but I feel this is equally Unsworth's fault. I'm like every other fan, results just haven't been good enough but I feel when everyone is fit, you just look at the team it's young, exciting and it's got a hell of a lot of potential.

Nice to see there are some intelligent posters on here.

Nice to see there are some intelligent posters on here.

Also nice to see that the ETC still don't mind turning out and showing us how fucking stupid they are every so often as well, usually when it's the subject of St Alan of Assisi, that horrible man that replaced him or the guy who can't catch.

Cheers for reports all.

Read nothing to convince me of anything other than certain relegation under DF tho - esp the bit about Unsworth and Russell being good coaches. Based on what Darren??

Thanks for the report

I wish DF's football team management skills were as good as his PR ability

The team's performances and results have been unacceptable over too long a period of time now - not as a result of bad luck and poor finances but because he is not very good at his job

Wait a minute, wasn't Davidson chose ahead of Nolan every game until Davidson's injury. And as soon as Davidson come back from his injury, despite the form of Nolan, he was dropped for the captain. Who made him captain again? Who got rid of Hill for Elliott because he thought Davidson was the better defender. This provides the final confirmation that Irvine is completely and utterly clueless (like any further evidence was needed I know).

Ha ha I notice BSK hasnt rushed to reply to this post but thats probably because every word is true and shows his hero up for just how shit he was.

It proves that Irvine isn't perfect and made mistakes which we've all known anyway. Although quite what this has to do with Ferguson is beyond me! Some of you need help, the way you're unable to make a single post without mentioning a manager who left PNE 9 months ago is disturbing in the extreme!

It proves that Irvine isn't perfect and made mistakes which we've all known anyway. Although quite what this has to do with Ferguson is beyond me! Some of you need help, the way you're unable to make a single post without mentioning a manager who left PNE 9 months ago is disturbing in the extreme!

You've never let us forget the useless cunt!

You are wasting your breath with this one (PNE4LIFE) DP7, thick as fuck keyboard warrior with a yellow stripe a mile wide running down his back who would probably piss his pants if asked a direct question by one of the board/management.
he had his chance didnt he? could have asked him anything he wanted when he saw him wandering around with a pram.