PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Deepdale Railway Station

Never bothered one of these....

CH02283.jpg
That's the old Preston loco shed after the fire. I believe the locos are LNWR G2A's.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Yes, i think it was always a non starter. Pity really as I would see it as an assett to the citys transport sytem.

Land currently being looked at for access to proposed station for tram off Deepdale road ;)

Is this not the line that entered the Miley Tunnel? runs from Bluebell way through Grange, Brookfield, Greenlands, to the back of West View? would that have been the station then at Skeffy Road?

Yes I can remember the trains going along that track through Brookfield. By then through it had ceased to be a passenger service and I have a feeling it detoured into the Red Scar Courtaulds factory as a freight services and went no further.

Yes I can remember the trains going along that track through Brookfield. By then through it had ceased to be a passenger service and I have a feeling it detoured into the Red Scar Courtaulds factory as a freight services and went no further.
There were still trains running in the early 80s I think, they might have been freight trains at one point but I see that to remember they later became just engines to keep the track clear of bits of debris.

Just checked in one of my books, trains to Courtaulds stopped in 1980 and there continued to be trains to and from the coal depot until 1988.

Is this not the line that entered the Miley Tunnel? runs from Bluebell way through Grange, Brookfield, Greenlands, to the back of West View? would that have been the station then at Skeffy Road?

Yes the station was a bit further down nearer to Deepdale Mill St, If I remember rightly, the station was still intact in the 60's always past it on the way to do the 'Miley', but can't remember completely, there was other disused buildings c;oser to Skeffington RD. might have been storage facilities or even a dropping point for passengers.

Last edited:
Yes the station was a bit further down nearer to Deepdale Mill St, If I remember rightly, the station was still intact in the 60's always past it on the way to do the 'Miley', but can't remember completely, there was other disused buildings c;oser to Skeffington RD. might have been storage facilities or even a dropping point for passengers.
Wasn’t Deepdale station on Deepdale Road, with the entrance around the bridge just past the infirmary if driving from town?

Just checked in one of my books, trains to Courtaulds stopped in 1980 and there continued to be trains to and from the coal depot until 1988.

One for you to look up pal.... Didn't those same coal trains go across the line that went across strand road?... I may have the wrong line , a lot earlier and I may have gone senile :D but I'm sure I remember a railway crossing on strand road in my youth... It was at the top end towards penny home bridge.

Wasn’t Deepdale station on Deepdale Road, with the entrance around the bridge just past the infirmary if driving from town?
I can't remember the layout of Preston St's much, but on the line itself, the station was just before St Pauls Rd, how far is that from Deepdale Mill St, Deepdale Rd?

Or Deepdale Mill St could have been where the sidings were, near to the coal Board, it's a long way back.

Now I am getting really confused, seeing the post below, got a feeling the Coal Board was further down the line.

Last edited:
One for you to look up pal.... Didn't those same coal trains go across the line that went across strand road?... I may have the wrong line , a lot earlier and I may have gone senile :D but I'm sure I remember a railway crossing on strand road in my youth... It was at the top end towards penny home bridge.
Is it not still visible, just before the Nissan garage? I suspect that trains still go to a bitumen works on the docks.