PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Duckenfield not guilty

The biggest single cause of that disaster was the fencing which had been erected in that stadium, it was a completely ridiculous over reaction to football hooliganism, but in fact created areas where in the case of an emergency fans could not escape from.

Obviously there are many other contributory factors which have been discussed, not one of those were totally responsible, no one is individually responsible, which is what it appears the families of some of those who died want , an individual to blame.

The introduction of those fences and pens were the main problem, I’ve never heard anyone asking who is responsible for those being erected.

It was a tragic accident caused by a series of errors.

Just my view.

Are the families of the Italian fans killed at Heysel still pursuing finding who is responsible in a similar way?

I hope no one sees that as a flippant question, I honestly haven’t a clue what has happened following that incident which again resulted in a significant loss of life. Again mistakes had been made in several areas of control prior to the game.

The biggest single cause of that disaster was the fencing which had been erected in that stadium, it was a completely ridiculous over reaction to football hooliganism, but in fact created areas where in the case of an emergency fans could not escape from.

Obviously there are many other contributory factors which have been discussed, not one of those were totally responsible, no one is individually responsible, which is what it appears the families of some of those who died want , an individual to blame.

The introduction of those fences and pens were the main problem, I’ve never heard anyone asking who is responsible for those being erected.

It was a tragic accident caused by a series of errors.

Just my view.
This is how I see it, a cumulation of events. But the fact that people told lies and changed statements was so wrong.

And open the pens either side.

Which he didn’t.

They were already open, the issue was the middle entrance was directly opposite the gate they entered in so they would have course aimed for that entrance, particularly as it was around kick off time. So yes it should have been blocked and people directly down to the other entrances, which to compound it were badly signed.

I always thought he was Not Guilty

I have seen Liverpool and Newcastle Supporters in action and it isn’t pretty

Many arrive late after ‘getting tanked up’ at the Local where the Beer is Cheaper than on the ground

So many arrive on the last minute and don’t want to miss the action, and this was an incident waiting to happen IMO

If the Copper hadn’t opened the gates, the crush might well have been outside

Of course the relatives of the bereaved are disappointed at the outcome, especially has they were probably the ones who arrived early

But Liverpool in general and their Supporters in Particular need to realise were the majority of the fault lay, and then they can make sure it never happens again

Pretty much everything you write has been demonstrated to be incorrect. There's plenty of stuff out there to read to educate yourself. Try this for starters. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/28/long-road-justice-hillsborough-inquest-timeline

I always thought he was Not Guilty

I have seen Liverpool and Newcastle Supporters in action and it isn’t pretty

Many arrive late after ‘getting tanked up’ at the Local where the Beer is Cheaper than on the ground

So many arrive on the last minute and don’t want to miss the action, and this was an incident waiting to happen IMO

If the Copper hadn’t opened the gates, the crush might well have been outside

Of course the relatives of the bereaved are disappointed at the outcome, especially has they were probably the ones who arrived early

But Liverpool in general and their Supporters in Particular need to realise were the majority of the fault lay, and then they can make sure it never happens again
Everything that you have stated here has since been PROVEN to be not be the case & a complete fabrication. It's astounding , that still, in 2019 can still harbour these views... Shameful !

The correct decision, no one single person was to blame. The families have got the justice they sought, now certain individuals are using the name of the families to pursue their own version of justice because they don't know what to do with themselves now it's all over. Quite sad really and I do sympathise with them.

They need to move on but I don't know if they can.

I never read the Guardian

And wouldn’t believe a word they said anyway
So no point
It's in the Guardian so I dont believe it.....

Here's the Telegraph report explaining why the police were held to be to blame at the inquest in 2016

More fake news?

Give your head a wobble John, you may just manage to make your grey matter function

There had been over crowding problems at Hillsborough before , 1981 Semi Final Tottenham ( who had the Leppings Lane end ) v Wolves , there were 38 injuries like broken arms and legs , the official response from Sheffield Wednesday was that it was bollocks that people could have been killed . However the terraces were divided into 3 pens to restrict sideways movement .

When Sheffield were promoted to the then first division in 1984 , the terraces were then further divided into five pens . I believe the safety certificate was out of date and the official capacity was all wrong . The club wasn't allowed to host semi finals till 1987 ?

I heard there was overcrowding problems from Man Utd fans in that end when they played Sheffield in what I think was the fourth round

There were also problems in the 1987 quarter final Sheffield Wed v Coventry and most definitely in the semi final for Leeds fans in that end v Coventry , normally you'd think why not give Liverpool or Leeds the Spion Kop end as they have the biggest support ? but the Police response was that it was because how fans from the Midlands would arrive in the Southern part of Sheffield ?? and they had to keep the opposing supporters apart

There's a bit in this archive Guardian article - I did read something that expanded on it by Jimmy McGovern entitled Hillsborough what really happened , the jist was that a probationary constable's father played merry hell about the ' prank ' and he took it all the way ups to then then Home Secretary Douglas Hurd

His ( Jimmy McGovern ) view was though he couldn't prove it , was that the South Yorkshire Police ' ganged up ' on Chief Superintendent Duckinfield as they were loyal to their previous Super Brian Mole who had been transferred to Barnsley after the shit hit the fan re the probationary constable and the ' prank ' .

Jimmy McGovern also said that many in the South Yorkshire Police were willing Duckinfield to fail , not to the extent of the tragic loss of life ; but certainly to fail - he also said it was suspicious that a CCTV video tape went ' missing '

His view was there was a institutional panic within the South Yorkshire Police as they had Mrs Thatcher and Douglas Hurd due to visit on the sunday after .

My personal view was that there was a cover up of a cover up of a cover up - you know senior officers collaborating with the Police Federation to make sure they all had their stories straight for a start .

In previous Chief Spt Mole's defence , at previous semi finals , there was a filtration system in the streets leading up to the SWFC away end , getting people to queue up , checking fans had tickets etc .

There was 10,100 terrace tickets issued to Liverpool FC , when they counted all the tickets passed through the turnstiles there was 10,0044 . OK , it'd be very naive to say the scousers were ministering angels , but that counters the ticketless fans trying to rush the gates conspiracy theory ? - some were even showing the police their tickets as they were ' waved through '

As for drink theories and people staying in the pub till virtually the last minute , there was virtually no alcohol allowed to be sold inside grounds at the time . The only people allowed to drink in football grounds would be in the directors box or similar or if you were in a private executive box .

Out of the people who died , nearly a third was it ? , were under 20 , too young to drink or if legal not really interested ? - those two girls that died , I doubt if they were inclined to be propping up the bar ?

Many arrived late as there was roadworks on the M62 going towards Leeds , I'm not sure about the route via Snakepass and is it Woodhead pass , the A628 ?

In 1988 there were 3 football trains put on , in 1989 only one - they used to use Wadsley Bridge station , but the railway closed the line from Manchester through Woodhead tunnel in the early 80s but they routed some via Huddersfield and then they'd get the diesel engine to run round there and take the train towards Pennistone ?

There was 10,100 terrace tickets issued to Liverpool FC , when they counted all the tickets passed through the turnstiles there was 10,0044 . OK , it'd be very naive to say the scousers were ministering angels , but that counters the ticketless fans trying to rush the gates conspiracy theory ? - some were even showing the police their tickets as they were ' waved through '
So 10,100 tickets were issued and 10,044 tickets passed through the turnstiles. Are you therefore suggesting that less than 67 people passed through the gate when it was opened? Somehow, I find that incredibly hard to believe.

The new Hillsborough inquests in Warrington were shown a detailed account of the chain of events which led to the deaths of 96 Liverpool supporters in Britain's worst ever sporting disaster - please be aware video contains some distressing footage

I went to watch us on a night match in the late 70's and could not get over how small the Leppings Lane End was to when I saw it on TV.

Agree - Been on those terraces at Sheffield Wednesday in the 80s , I remember their fans cheering because United had been relegated to the then third division , it's a ' funny ' place Sheffield ; I do know that they absolutely hate each other - those tunnels were narrow too

Most people , regardless of where they come from would naturally go towards the centre pens behind the goal . There were complaints about overcrowding in the 1988 semi final against Notts Forest .

In the 1989 semi final before the match was stopped , there was a big crush when Peter Beardsley hit the bar for Liverpool

I sat at the front of the stand , 6 years later looking over the now closed terraces - maybe my mind was playing tricks on me , but it felt ****ing eerie !

Not everyone was from Merseyside either , people from Lancashire , those two girls Sarah and Vicki Hicks were from the South ? , I believe some of the players like Paul Walsh knew them . The strain of it all split the marriage of Trevor and Jenny Hicks .

Trevor got Kelvin Mackenzie of The Sun right - he's clever but still a low life

So 10,100 tickets were issued and 10,044 tickets passed through the turnstiles. Are you therefore suggesting that less than 67 people passed through the gate when it was opened? Somehow, I find that incredibly hard to believe.

No !! to counter the ticketless fans smear to deflect / cover up failings by the South Yorkshire Police - there was also a lack of turnstiles for both the stand and the terraces at the Leppings Lane end

AFTER the match , the tickets were counted - it was also noticed initially that there wasn't that many in certain pens - the side ones I think , a lot of LFC fans did arrive after 1430 for reasons explained and quite a few after 1440

It's in the Guardian so I dont believe it.....

Here's the Telegraph report explaining why the police were held to be to blame at the inquest in 2016

More fake news?

Give your head a wobble John, you may just manage to make your grey matter function
If he gave his head a wobble his bollocks would fall out of his nostrils