PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Hemmings family - time to go?

Hemmings family - time to go?

• Total voters
I think when Ridsdale referred to Robinson's wages being three times higher, he probably meant to say it was... "three times higher than what we want to pay players".

22 pros on an average of 9k a week is £10.3m a year, which I assume is the Hemmings ultimate target, as they prudently go about their cost cutting exercise.

So this is the man who has repeatedly proclaimed he has nothing to do with player identification? Yet here he is openly claiming he 'sealed a deal' for a player behind the back of the coach and the recruitment team he had only just appointed?
Not only is he a born liar, but he's not a particularly good one. His ftf interview from this time last year saw him remonstrate that he had nothing to with scouting, then ten minutes later he quipped about hating all the cold nights he spent at Morecambe scouting Tom Barkhuizen!
It really is just a web of utter bullshit and deflection. Throwing people under the bus left, right and centre.
Make no mistake - money will suddenly appear in the 'budget' to relieve Lowe of his duties once it gets a bit hot for Ridsdale and those who pay his hefty salary.
Personally I will have little sympathy for Lowe - while I understand the location element, leaving a club on the rise to join a shit show run by a money grabbing fraud on behalf of disinterested owners amounts to professional suicide.

I think it's telling that Ridsdale in the LEP on May 17 was saying "we will do our best to take that opportunity [freeing up 13 slots in the squad and the wage bill] so that we end up a lot stronger when we start next season than when we finished the last one".

But he is now focused on comparing us to the squad Frankie was lumbered with in September 2021, after Ridsdale's very own worst-ever transfer window when he was cosplaying as Head of Recruitment: Ridsdale is now saying "we have a squad that at this time last year was no stronger than this". As if "this time last year" was some sort of gold standard, and not a notorious shitshow.

Quite a major recalibration of ambition I would suggest, between May and September. The failure of Ridsdale to deliver what he set out to achieve - a squad a lot stronger than the end of last season - is right there, clear as day, in his very own words.

He needs to ask himself how much of the limited budget has he wasted over recent years with his ludicrous contract dealings? How much income has he not generated by letting contracts run down? How much income has not been generated by the lack of commercial activity commensurate with the 21st century? If he has no budget to spend and he generates no income what is the actual point of him? I wouldn’t put him in charge of a black pudding stall on Bury market!

What is that big round icon thingy bottom middle, it is very pretty when it is moving and plays a little ditty but being an old technophobe I don’t know what it means? 😟
😆 it was just me hitting my siri button, its an iphone thing so I wouldn't worry about it. It is pretty though 😆

Ridsdale can certainly be blamed. One reason why we have no budget is because we have a squad worth sod all, and that's because of years of poor recruitment.

How much did we spend tearing up the contracts of Harrop, Bayliss and Earl? If it's not Peters responsibility; what exactly does he do here to be worth his salary, bar send fans snotty emails to titillate his own ego?

Last summer we signed 5+ players who didn't impact the central league, nevermind the first team squad. Why would the Hemmings bother giving Ridsdale another sack of money, if that's the kind of shit served up.

It was clear as day back in June that the success of this window rested on selling our one proper asset - Riis. We've been cost neutral for two transfer windows. And next summer will be the same.

At some point Ridsdale has to accept he is part of the problem. Not a part of any solution.

I think I maybe could have worded it better.

What I meant was, if the reason the Hemmings' won't spend any money is because they don't trust Ridsdale not to waste it, then why is Ridsdale still in his role? Why has he not been replaced?

They all need to go, owners and Ridsdale. Because if they don't we're heading to League 1, or worse, simple as that. This cost neutral approach just will not work at this level for a club with our gates, it just won't.

I bet Lowe wishes he never stepped foot in the building.

I've linked the 3 screenshots together for easier reading. Hope you don't mind Simon.
Ridsdale does sound frustrated and pissed off that he's being blamed.

Ridsdale Email.png

I think I maybe could have worded it better.

What I meant was, if the reason the Hemmings' won't spend any money is because they don't trust Ridsdale not to waste it, then why is Ridsdale still in his role? Why has he not been replaced?

They all need to go, owners and Ridsdale. Because if they don't we're heading to League 1, or worse, simple as that. This cost neutral approach just will not work at this level for a club with our gates, it just won't.

I bet Lowe wishes he never stepped foot in the building.
I assume they just accept Ridsdale knows more about football than they do, which is clearly a very low bar to guage things from.

I've also no doubt Riddler has engineered things over the last decade, whereby to get rid of him would not be cheap or uncomplicated.

Who knows how much the guy who was banned from being a company director, was being paid to do all the same duties of someone who was a company director.

I think when Ridsdale referred to Robinson's wages being three times higher, he probably meant to say it was... "three times higher than what we want to pay players".

22 pros on an average of 9k a week is £10.3m a year, which I assume is the Hemmings ultimate target, as they prudently go about their cost cutting exercise.

Was this the "project" that Freddy Woodman was sold? Or Andre Gray nearly accepted? Cyrus Christie?

The guy is covering his arse and blinding people with his waffle.

No reason to think these haven’t been posted in good faith but,genuine or not, I find it truly staggering that he would communicate with fans directly in such terms.

Real WTAF stuff.

I find this thread to be a bit offensive to the Hemmings family actually.
It's not even a year yet since TH sadly passed away and despite what are probably many complex issues regarding his various business interests , probate, HMRC, inheritance taxes etc etc, a number of people on here just want CH to blow 20 mil on a striker and pay him 4 imes the rest of the squad while we're at it.
I may be in the minority but I actually like the fact that we're a prudently run club that pays it's bills.
Admittedly it would have been nice to have got Archer back but we are a decent solid side that doesn't concede many.
We aren't getting 12 point deductions for going into administration etc.
Be careful what you wish for!

May I ask a question ?

Which stupid t""t ( or t""ts ) have been responsible for utterly shite signings, ridiculous contract extensions and a club focus of standing still at best?

Who?.......... Was it Hemmings, was it Ridsdale , was it the Manager at the time or a bloody free for all between the lot of them?............ Please don't talk to me about 8 million pound gifts ( and be grateful) a year from the owner when the senile old git let it happen... He could have saved half that by just leaving someone in charge that didn't interfere with the football, wanted to take the club forward and negotiated with PNE's best interests at heart.

But no, we get Trev ( and now his son and executors) leaving the whole shebang in the hands of a bloke who syphoned off half a million into his own account whilst his company went under owing a similar amount.......... Maybe a dodgy fecker appreciates and trusts another dodgy fecker but I'm buggered if it makes any sense to me.........The proof of the pie is in the eating and Trev blew his own foot off ( unless of course there was an ulterior motive which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest) and now the club is going to pay for it..

Hope I'm wrong and someone gets a grip but I think L1 beckons again.

I find this thread to be a bit offensive to the Hemmings family actually.
It's not even a year yet since TH sadly passed away and despite what are probably many complex issues regarding his various business interests , probate, HMRC, inheritance taxes etc etc, a number of people on here just want CH to blow 20 mil on a striker and pay him 4 imes the rest of the squad while we're at it.
I may be in the minority but I actually like the fact that we're a prudently run club that pays it's bills.
Admittedly it would have been nice to have got Archer back but we are a decent solid side that doesn't concede many.
We aren't getting 12 point deductions for going into administration etc.
Be careful what you wish for!

God Almighty.... You lost me at " prudent " ... Take off the blinkers