PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Injuries?

Also said they were 6 hours on the coach on Friday which isn’t great for muscles surely?
Can’t believe they didn’t fly them down.

Give Seary and Mawene a chance
Seary under the lights at Deepdale, crowd behind him, I'd like to think he'd do well.
from Noah and Josh on saturday.... McCann has been being prepared for slotting in at RWB. a test of RL... does he run with an established player who can do a job out of position or actually play a young man in his true position.
seary and mawene should both be getting time on the pitch. as Lewis Leigh should have done, but it looks like he's given up on RL

Change a winning formation but injuries may force it? If Browne and Potts are both out and Holmes too I think

How about a
4-3-3?
Millar Keane Riis
Whiteman Mads (10) McCann
Hughes Lindsay Storey Seary
Woodman
Or 4-4-2
Keane Riis
Millar Whiteman Mads McCann
Woodman

Just thinking outside the box..

Give Seary and Mawene a chance

McCann has been being prepared for slotting in at RWB.
Has he? When Potts went off Browne immediately took up the RWB position. McCann came over to Browne and following a conversation Browne then took up his former position in midfield.
McCann did o.k. defensively, but showed no intent in getting forward, which is fine when you're 2-0 up. I'm not sure how he'd fare for 90 mins. I've never seen Seary play, but you've got to start somewhere and I'd be tempted to give him a start.

Change a winning formation but injuries may force it? If Browne and Potts are both out and Holmes too I think

How about a
4-3-3?
Millar Keane Riis
Woodman
Or 4-4-2
Keane Riis
Woodman

Same players, 4132 for me with Whiteman playing deeper. He played really well yesterday in this position.

As daft as it sounds we are on the verge of making the play offs, putting young untested players in, right now, is nuts if there are other alternatives.

How about a
4-3-3?
Millar Keane Riis
Woodman
Or 4-4-2
Keane Riis
Woodman

Not sure why you’d choose to change the setup that’s won us 6 points and scored 5 goals in two games to play a formation where half the team is playing out of position

Stick with the same system and put a plaster over the injury areas

How about a
4-3-3?
Millar Keane Riis
Woodman
Or 4-4-2
Keane Riis
Woodman

As @OB1 says, this coming Wednesday night might be too early to be tinkering with formation changes to accomodate Josh Seary, but I wouldn't mind seeing, at some suitable point, how either or both formations stand up to scrutiny. Certainly, if the opposition have to make changes to match us up, then we have control. Changing team shape and mixing things up are no bad things.

Why not? It’s an option if Potts is out and we’re desperate - that’s all.

Millar is right footed after all, so no reason why he couldn’t do a job there.
His entire game is cutting in onto his right.

He played a game on the right earlier in the season and was total shit, he barely has a left foot.

I see zero logic in moving our biggest threat out of position.

As @OB1 says, this coming Wednesday night might be too early to be tinkering with formation changes to accomodate Josh Seary, but I wouldn't mind seeing, at some suitable point, how either or both formations stand up to scrutiny. Certainly, if the opposition have to make changes to match us up, then we have control. Changing team shape and mixing things up are no bad things.
I don’t even mind us accommodating Seary to have a natural RB, but I don’t see the need to change formation to do it. Just make it like for like with Potts, and give him added protection with Storey and McCann around him rather than putting him in a back 4 with 3 defenders who don’t like playing in a 4

I don’t even mind us accommodating Seary to have a natural RB, but I don’t see the need to change formation to do it. Just make it like for like with Potts, and give him added protection with Storey and McCann around him rather than putting him in a back 4 with 3 defenders who don’t like playing in a 4

Unfortunately, Lowe doesn't have that foresight or tactical nouse.

I won’t think of changing a winning formation as I stated in the start of my post if I didn’t think the injuries would force it..losing Browne and Potts are some big holes to fill .. maybe best to plaster over the cracks atm just trying to think outside the box 🤷🏻‍♂️sorry

As daft as it sounds we are on the verge of making the play offs, putting young untested players in, right now, is nuts if there are other alternatives.
With Browne injured, it'd mean playing McCann, who is absolutely shocking as a 'wingback'.

Having no Holmes means there is no direct replacement for Browne either. So that means Ledson or Woodburn.

These injuries could kill us really.

I'd have no issues giving Seary a chance to avoid Ledson or Woodburn starting.

I won’t think of changing a winning formation as I stated in the start of my post if I didn’t think the injuries would force it..losing Browne and Potts are some big holes to fill .. maybe best to plaster over the cracks atm just trying to think outside the box 🤷🏻‍♂️sorry

I think both of your alternative formations have merit 👍