PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you will.

Not whilst Ridsdale is still here.

I'd accept the Hemmings family putting the minimal (comparatively, for them) input they do into the club if there was a differing direction and a sense of optimism around it. Currently, we have a Director of Football who thinks a 40% strike rate in the transfer market is something to aim for and who has a belief that things can't get any better.

I'm done now. I wouldn't even consider a free ticket.

Except that Ridsdale did not need to sign Stockley instead of Armstrong or Moore, etc. Just another example of wasting the funds we have. Anyone tasked with signing players has to recognise the basics. Stockley for instance, grand lad but had zero pace to play Championship football, which was apparent very early on. So many players who had contacts paid up having been signed by Ridsdale. He has WASTED millions and millions. Ridsdale's record is really poor, especially over the last 6 Years or so.

Yes but it's not PR's fault, it's the manager who has the say on player transfers (in and out) according to PR at the recent fans meeting. 🤔

He took no responsibility for signings whatsoever. But if one turned out to be the next Messi he would probably be claiming he discovered and signed them.

The Archer thing is frustrating but these things happen or don't as the case may be. As I said yesterday I just have a feeling that Archer's move to the North East may prove a bit of a misfire. But I am not going to monitor how he fares there - I am only interested in PNE. Our situation remains that an attacking right wing-back would be a very useful acquisition for us and that a new striker remains an absolutely essential requirement.
I think Cameron has dodged a bullet coming here to honest. He was never going to single handedly put this team right and score many goals with so little service, so I can get over his choice to go to Middlesbrough. I’m not bitter either (well not against Cameron anyway) I wish him so much luck in his future career and I know he chose the better club in terms of ambition and career enhancing.

I'd accept the Hemmings family putting the minimal (comparatively, for them) input they do into the club if there was a differing direction and a sense of optimism around it. Currently, we have a Director of Football who thinks a 40% strike rate in the transfer market is something to aim for and who has a belief that things can't get any better.

It's even worse now.. That dumbass comment was made when we were actually prepared to buy someone... It seems now that we won't buy Jack Shit !

It's easy to play direct, it is easy to generate a high volume of low percentage crosses into the box with pretty much any tools at our disposal. It is a style that suits Lindsay, Potts, Storey, Browne, Ledson, Woodburn, Cunningham etc. Ched happens to be succesful in that style, but it isn't true to say we play that style solely to accommodate him.

Ched's first good game of his spell was the Swansea win at home. 4 wins and 4 defeats in that time.

The 3 home games were pathetic, but we failed to score in 6 of the 8 previous home games, and only managed a single goal from open play (Riis vs WBA). Most of the time Ched was injured or suspended. In some of those games, we were deep into the second half before we even had a shot on target.
If we are gonna be run on a thimble sized budget then yeah we could continue to morph into Millwall Mk II, but that's not what Lowe promised and it's not what I personally wanna be watching either.

Our home form and performances have been disgusting all season in terms of entertainment. I put that down to the system - our strikers have had barely anything to feed off. It's been fatally flawed due to extremely poor recruitment and an overly defensive approach.

Playing non descript turgid football hoping Ched gets on the end of a corner isn't what I'd call a strategy. Right now it's a plaster over a gaping wound. We need to find a better solution.

I once got told from PR that he didn’t understand why I thought the Hemmings family were holding us back when we as a club hadn’t won anything in decades! I told him that’s nothing to shout about it just shows more rank bad management after rank bad management and a an attitude of not caring one jot by not trying to put that right but actually using it as a reason to achieve absolutely nothing.

So we are not buying anyone unless they are free,we've missed out on Archer on loan who it would seem was RLs favoured forward target.
Riis now looks like he could be out for some time, incomings are not imminent yet we only have 1 main fit striker who is no spring chicken.
Wait for the announcement that Parrott is to return to the squad and is like a new signing...🤔

If we are gonna be run on a thimble sized budget then yeah we could continue to morph into Millwall Mk II, but that's not what Lowe promised and it's not what I personally wanna be watching either.

Our home form and performances have been disgusting all season in terms of entertainment. I put that down to the system - our strikers have had barely anything to feed off. It's been fatally flawed due to extremely poor recruitment and an overly defensive approach.

Playing non descript turgid football hoping Ched gets on the end of a corner isn't what I'd call a strategy. Right now it's a plaster over a gaping wound. We need to find a better solution.
I couldn’t put it better myself!

I once got told from PR that he didn’t understand why I thought the Hemmings family were holding us back when we as a club hadn’t won anything in decades! I told him that’s nothing to shout about it just shows more rank bad management after rank bad management and a an attitude of not caring one jot by not trying to put that right but actually using it as a reason to achieve absolutely nothing.
One thing that is clear to me is that North End are very good at blocking out fans frustration, The Hemmings family just barely keep the club afloat

I've been attempting to look on the bright side.The excellent Brian O'Neill was a free agent when we signed him. But, so were Izzy Brown, Connor Wickham, etc etc.

I've been attempting to look at the positives.The excellent Brian O'Neill was a free agent when we signed him. But, so were Izzy Brown, Connor Wickham, etc etc.
I think Youl Mawene was a free too. Signings like those two come once every blue moon and there ain’t of them due for a very long time.

I think that's the owners' plan too - they will be hoping it'll increase the value of the club so they can sell it closer to their current valuation.

They just have to hang in the Championship without spending any money until the distribution change comes through...
As I’m sure you are already aware, there are a number of problems with this approach (in addition to the most obvious problem, namely that we will likely be in League One the season after next anyway).

Obviously our commercial, matchday, and hospitality revenues are a joke, meaning that we are at immediate disadvantage relative to 85%-90% of the rest of the championship.

To further state the obvious, we are starting from a low (approaching zero) base in terms of tradable player assets.

Parachute payments will remain in some form and there will be a ‘merit-based’ approach to the EPL distributions, rewarding teams based on finishing position.

All of which means that the new model won’t be as lucrative for PNE as what PR is probably suggesting to the ownership. But as we are regularly reminded PR is on the EFL board so no doubt he will be in prime position to ensure none of the above matters and the new distribution model will yield a brave new world of unicorns and rainbows for PNE and the owners 🙂

I think Cameron has dodged a bullet coming here to honest. He was never going to single handedly put this team right and score many goals with so little service, so I can get over his choice to go to Middlesbrough. I’m not bitter either (well not against Cameron anyway) I wish him so much luck in his future career and I know he chose the better club in terms of ambition and career enhancing.
Much as we would love him back. I fully agree with all this Boro have far better chance of going up. Yes we are still nr top 6 but in reality won't be going anywhere. Hope he does well there at Boro no doubt he will under Carrick.

Yes but it's not PR's fault, it's the manager who has the say on player transfers (in and out) according to PR at the recent fans meeting. 🤔

He took no responsibility for signings whatsoever. But if one turned out to be the next Messi he would probably be claiming he discovered and signed them.

PR takes responsibility for nothing and credit for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.