PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January 2024 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of it adds up, I'd have put my last dollar on Whiteman being the one who went out of him and Browne , so would everyone else i would imagine ?

Yet he we are with Whiteman signed up and Browne going , it has been muted that Browne and Lowe fell out - is it possible he's been told he is no longer Captain so is now refusing to sign and Whiteman has took it as a sweetener for a new deal?

It might seem bizarre , but nothing would surprise me at the minute?
The fact he was subbed at HT against Bristol City, and benched for the next two games doesn't bode too well.

The fact he was subbed at HT against Bristol City, and benched for the next two games doesn't bode too well.

At the end of the match on Saturday one member of the squad - I couldn't recognise who - seemed to be giving Browne a big embrace. I wondered at the time whether it was a farewell or a don't go.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: SF
None of it adds up, I'd have put my last dollar on Whiteman being the one who went out of him and Browne , so would everyone else i would imagine ?

Yet he we are with Whiteman signed up and Browne going , it has been muted that Browne and Lowe fell out - is it possible he's been told he is no longer Captain so is now refusing to sign and Whiteman has took it as a sweetener for a new deal?

It might seem bizarre , but nothing would surprise me at the minute?
I was wondering how we were affording to tie them both down considering it has taken until now for the contracts to be signed. Felt to me like it was going to be Browne or Whiteman rather than both of them because their wages are so large by our standards

There is only 1 person responsible for us being close to FFP and having assembled a mediocre squad. Ridsdale, you are a complete failure.
The thing that doesn’t really add up, is that one minute PR says we’ve bid £7m for Cannon that obviously didn’t happen, and the next minute we’re reported to be within a whisker of breaking FFP.

It seems such a random link that there is probably some truth in it. Feels a bit different than the usual agent-led stories that are leaked to speed up contract talks.

If the interest is true, I'm hoping he stays but completely understand if he goes. A couple of years on the Amalfi coast then off to Stoke's lucrative retirement home!? 🤣😬

Even if Salernitana do go down, they'll be a bigger fish in Serie B, hardly a step down from us.

At this point with the way this place has become incredibly negative and self defeating I can't be arsed debating and then the vitriol that comes with it.

Not everything is rosey at North End and there's a lot that needs to be improved upon but Jesus Christ it isn't as bad as people are making out.

I think there's a lot of short memories around the place.
Ah yeah.

Of course.

It's the forums fault.

If Browne leaves, wonder if we would bring in Hayden Issac instead.
I think that is exactly what will happen.

We definitely need another safe, defensive-minded midfielder.

It'd only be a loan though, he's on about £50k a week with 18 months left on his deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.