PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Joey Barton

First of all, it looks nothing like the Bi flag, the colours are wrong! :ROFLMAO: Also calling out lesbians and then posting a picture of the Bi flag, just shows he's got no clue.

Second, where's his outrage at the flag on the away shirt, that's blue/purple and yellow/gold? What made up BS is he going to come up with to try and explain that?

It hard enough being part of the LGBT community and a football fan, the last thing we need is him stirring the pot and making up an agenda that isn't there causing more hate for no reason.

On the football kit/flag, the guy is so far off the mark it is untrue. Like with most things. He's a bellend.

There's a societal fight going on currently from those who put too much importance on it.

Those who find issue with everything and anything, read into things that aren't there, and have a dislike for anything outside of the status quo vs those who find issue with everything and anything, read into things that aren't there, and have a dislike for anything that resembles the status quo.

Unfortunately, whoever wins in that battle, the rest of us are losers.

I do find it bizarre that people (on both sides of the debate) give a shit about the colour of a football, the colour of laces, etc. I also find it bizarre that we're living in a time where taking your shirt off and celebrating with the fans would get you sent off but sticking your dick in one of them would have you vilified and celebrated as a champion in equal measure. I care more about the footballer's ability than his sexuality, or the causes he supports.

Barton is an absolutely worthless fuckbag of a person who does whatever he can to try and stay relevant.Sickens me that he has any 'fans' at all.

Dont worry. Those 'fans' are just the same sad spotty blokes that 40 years ago sat on their tod in a bedsit, eating Fray Bentos steak and kidney pies. Nowadays they can join up online and call themselves 'friends' and the bbc reports and validates their views as those of 'social media'

On the football kit/flag, the guy is so far off the mark it is untrue. Like with most things. He's a bellend.

There's a societal fight going on currently from those who put too much importance on it.

Those who find issue with everything and anything, read into things that aren't there, and have a dislike for anything outside of the status quo vs those who find issue with everything and anything, read into things that aren't there, and have a dislike for anything that resembles the status quo.

I do find it bizarre that people (on both sides of the debate) give a shit about the colour of a football, the colour of laces, etc. I also find it bizarre that we're living in a time where taking your shirt off and celebrating with the fans would get you sent off but sticking your dick in one of them would have you vilified and celebrated as a champion in equal measure. I care more about the footballer's ability than his sexuality, or the causes he supports.
Absolutely agree - those hurling abuse at each other are not very different from the group they claim to hate. Some of those who like to accuse the other group of being snowflakes are showing that they are also snowflakes! :D

With regards to Barton, he's demonstrated he's a bully/thug. However, he's speaking out on something many of us are thinking (I don't assume anything about your views). I don't want women moving in on the men's game and I personally will never accept it. Just to add, girls and women can and should play all the football they want to, if they please, but the men's game is on a whole different level.

I also don't agree with women being used in the Police force to the degree that they are, one on one with their male colleagues, nor in the frontline military and I believe that history will prove this experiment was a big mistake.

With regards to Barton, he's demonstrated he's a bully/thug. However, he's speaking out on something many of us are thinking (I don't assume anything about your views). I don't want women moving in on the men's game and I personally will never accept it. Just to add, girls and women can and should play all the football they want to, if they please, but the men's game is on a whole different level.

I also don't agree with women being used in the Police force to the degree that they are, one on one with their male colleagues, nor in the frontline military and I believe that history will prove this experiment was a big mistake.

How was your pie?

How was your pie?
I haven't had one today, Pete. I went to Paul's pies (Fishergate Hill) last week and got some pork (pies) and lamb hot pot with a crust on top. They were good. Nice of a member of the clique to 'speak' to the likes of me, it doesn't happen very often, I'll treasure it !

If people have to pass an acceptance test to get in somewhere, then I have no issue with them being there as long as they have passed the test.

Are there problems with the tests? Or problems with the quantity of people who could and want to pass more rigorous testing?

I think they've had to lower standards to achieve levels of employment they require.

I don't know what women moving in on mens football means, but I do agree it is played to differing standards. I don't have issue with listening to any witty, coherent guest analysts regardless of their sex. I even spend some Saturday evening's reading the analysis of our performance by hundreds of non football playing posters on here. As long as they're well put together, and fit in well with the rest of the crew, I have no issue. I dislike as many male guests as I do female.

If people have to pass an acceptance test to get in somewhere, then I have no issue with them being there as long as they have passed the test.

Well, they seem to pass the test but they're not up to it. Just watch any of the Police night watch programmes and you'll see women police constables routinely being "over powered" by violent men (and some women now). It happens to a far lesser degree with males colleagues, but they get it too. They are being assaulted in ever greater numbers because apart from the fact that the judiciary seem to want to them let off with a fine, they don't respect the police anymore. They laugh at them.

Are there problems with the tests? Or problems with the quantity of people who could and want to pass more rigorous testing?

I think they've had to lower standards to achieve levels of employment they require.
Agreed.

I don't know what women moving in on mens football means,

Refereeing the men's game. Taking centre stage hosting Match of the day as if you've been there and got the Tee shirt. It's becoming almost socially unacceptable now to say anything. If you do, you're a bigoted misogynistic gammon head. That's me.

I don't have issue with listening to any witty, coherent guest analysts regardless of their sex.

Would you be okay with a Muslim woman wearing a Burka, commentating on the world heavy weight championship of the world ?

Absolutely agree - those hurling abuse at each other are not very different from the group they claim to hate. Some of those who like to accuse the other group of being snowflakes are showing that they are also snowflakes! :D
Proper upset me reading that.

I’m offended!

Would you be okay with a Muslim woman wearing a Burka, commentating on the world heavy weight championship of the world ?
World heavy weight championship of what?

Bin Bag lookalike?
Onion Bhaji Hurling?
Dalek Racing?

What?

I was accused of being woke yesterday, just because I said I didn't care about the cross on the England shirt.

How is not giving a shit being woke?

Well, they seem to pass the test but they're not up to it. Just watch any of the Police night watch programmes and you'll see women police constables routinely being "over powered" by violent men (and some women now). It happens to a far lesser degree with males colleagues, but they get it too. They are being assaulted in ever greater numbers because apart from the fact that the judiciary seem to want to them let off with a fine, they don't respect the police anymore. They laugh at them.

Agreed.

Refereeing the men's game. Taking centre stage hosting Match of the day as if you've been there and got the Tee shirt. It's becoming almost socially unacceptable now to say anything. If you do, you're a bigoted misogynistic gammon head. That's me.

But you can't blame women for being able to pass a test. You have to blame the fact that nobody wants to be a police officer anymore. And the blame for that lies solely with multiple police forces.

I don't see why a female can't referee a football match. If they're being fast tracked, fair enough, there is a reasonable complaint there, but if they're their on merit, I can't see an issue. If you're complaining solely because they're a woman, then I'm afraid you do qualify for that title by definition.

And again, Ben Davison was a shit fighter but I think he's a sensational analyst of fights. If the analytical work is spot on, the punditry is informative and captivating, and the voice doesn't grate then I've no idea what sex, religion or attire has to do with the role.

I understand the argument that experience matters, but as long as you mix experience with excellent analysis, I don't see what the issue could possibly be.