PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Jose -- Gone

Delaney;n3412748 said:
He spent over £350m, including £61m on two centre backs and over £50m on two wingers, don't think they've got the squad to be at Liverpool and City's level but Mourinho's the reason they're fighting with Bournemouth and Everton rather than Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs. His arrogance and boring football was always offset by him being a winner, but he looks like he's been left behind by manager's with clear philosophies, can't see him managing a big English club again.Saying that if Woodward is making transfers most would struggle, talk is they're bringing in a director of football, Van Der Sar has done well with Ajax and I think would stand a chance helping a manager turn it round.

Guardiola didn't like the keeper he inherited (england no.1) so went and signed Barca's keeper. He didn't like him so went and spend another 40M on one. He bought Nolito, didn't like him so signed Sane instead.

He may have got one or two signings wrong but so did Guardiola, but he still went and got better.

kingpne;n3412945 said:
Guardiola didn't like the keeper he inherited (england no.1) so went and signed Barca's keeper. He didn't like him so went and spend another 40M on one. He bought Nolito, didn't like him so signed Sane instead.

He may have got one or two signings wrong but so did Guardiola, but he still went and got better.

Says a lot when you hire 3 very established managers to replace Fergie and none of them lasted 3 years.

The board is looking for a manger to come in and return them to perennial title contenders, but the players are expensive and old, not a good recipe for future success

kingpne;n3412945 said:

Nolito and Sane were signed around the same time.

City have spent a bit more than United since Guardiola and Mourinho took those jobs, but not to the extent that the huge gap in both points and performances is justified.

Ultimately they don't even look close to the level of other top teams at the moment, Mourinho has turned them into Bournemouth/Wolves/Everton standard.

kingpne;n3412945 said:

No question Guardiola's been backed more, but United's squad should be doing better than Mourinho is making them, and even if mourinho was backed as much I really doubt he'd be at the level of City or Liverpool, no clear philosophy of play in attack, 'park the bus' tactics that won't work against the best teams unless your defence is absolutely superb, and a right wanker who alienates players to boot.

Delaney;n3412955 said:
No question Guardiola's been backed more, but United's squad should be doing better than Mourinho is making them, and even if mourinho was backed as much I really doubt he'd be at the level of City or Liverpool, no clear philosophy of play in attack, 'park the bus' tactics that won't work against the best teams unless your defence is absolutely superb, and a right wanker who alienates players to boot.
I think the biggest mistake they made was to not replace Gill properly. Woodward comes across as a bit of a clown and it's pretty clear he has no respect in the game.

Mourinho never really seems to have got his old swagger back since the debacle with the lovely physio at Chelsea.

I miss the old Mourinho. He was a breath of fresh air when he first came to the Premier League. I don't think we'll see that guy again.

Uniteds problems are much higher up than the manager. Such a shame LOL

Jack Daniels;n3412697 said:
Pogba getting the heat - rightfully - thrown upon him. I hate footballers who don't even try. Ozil is another one on my shitlist.

He has managed to become the PL all time assist leader in the time he's been here . If that's him not trying I can't wait to see the fish eyed twerp try(ozil)

Last edited:
Jose is a miserable arrogant cunt who has only ever had success at clubs with massive resources. 400 mill on eleven players and they look like shit ... this is the biggest failure in modern football management by a long shot. He's poor at man management .. for Jose I imagine you play "to not get a bollocking" not just to Impress the manager

solskjar appointed.

I reckon he will do well and could end up as permanent manager.

truenorthender;n3412977 said:
He has managed to become the PL all time assist leader in the time he's been here . If that's him not trying I can't wait to see the fish eyed twerp try(ozil)

I don't like lazy players, especially highly paid lazy players.

The hierarchy at Utd. must have lost the plot with this appointment, interim or full time. He failed miserably at Cardiff and currently manages a club of equivalent size to somewhere like Fylde. For me, he doesn't have the experience, knowhow or presence to manage a club the size of Utd or the ego's in the changing room.

MrHodgeheg123;n3413282 said:
The hierarchy at Utd. must have lost the plot with this appointment, interim or full time. He failed miserably at Cardiff and currently manages a club of equivalent size to somewhere like Fylde. For me, he doesn't have the experience, knowhow or presence to manage a club the size of Utd or the ego's in the changing room.

Not going to cause the board any problems though, which is maybe what they’re after.

The club needs to get away from the idea that they can just appoint a new manager and magically be title contenders again. Serious rebuild from top down is required

Lee Trundle;n3413325 said:
Not going to cause the board any problems though, which is maybe what they’re after.

The club needs to get away from the idea that they can just appoint a new manager and magically be title contenders again. Serious rebuild from top down is required

Yup - a director of football should be the first appointment.