PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Loanwatch 21/22

Good. If fans think shite players like Storey can come back to us and make us better then they're fucking clueless.

Let's get Bayliss & Harrop back involved too.

Is Ripley worth an extension?
They haven’t done anything of note since leaving. Storey has turned a Sheffield Wednesday team leaking goals into promotion contenders. I’m not saying he should be a starter but he deserves a chance in pre season.

They haven’t done anything of note since leaving. Storey has turned a Sheffield Wednesday team leaking goals into promotion contenders. I’m not saying he should be a starter but he deserves a chance in pre season.
Wednesday fan I talked to would much rather keep Harlee Dean, who is so average at our level it hurts

Good. If fans think shite players like Storey can come back to us and make us better then they're fucking clueless.

Let's get Bayliss & Harrop back involved too.

Is Ripley worth an extension?
No, but he’ll probably get one, otherwise we’ll start preseason without a ‘keeper.

Wednesday fan I talked to would much rather keep Harlee Dean, who is so average at our level it hurts
Wednesday fan at work says Storey is their best player. Would love to keep him.

I feel he deserves a chance here under Lowe.

At least he has gone out and performed which is more than our other loans have done, he has done what was asked of him and then some. Deserves some slack imo.

Wednesday fan at work says Storey is their best player. Would love to keep him.

I feel he deserves a chance here under Lowe.

At least he has gone out and performed which is more than our other loans have done, he has done what was asked of him and then some. Deserves some slack imo.
Agree with this.

Diaby has made more mistakes in about 300 minutes of football than Storey has made in his career at North End, there is nothing to suggest he is a better player. I casually estimate Bauer has been responsible for 6-8 goals this season. Not saying we should off load Bauer but Storey is nowhere near as bad as people make out. As @Jack Daniels says he's gone out and performed which is the point of a loan. Some of the same people slating Storey want the young lads thrown into the team, despite them failing to hold down regular first team spots in the 9th tier.

I have a sneak feeling that RL might come to think he can make something of Bayliss.
Please stop! We can't make anything of Bayliss. He's got one year left and needs packing out on loan again. No extensions at all. And whoever targeted and signed him should be packed off too, Peter.

We were sold a youth by Coventry for £1.5m+ which probably funded their entire academy for the year. We need to get into that business. Not be the sucker at the other end of the deal.

He was hardly a "youth". He was a young player who had played 75 games over 2 seasons including over 40 at league one level.
He had been at Coventry since he was 8 years old. He was one of their youth academy recruits. Found at an open-house recruitment day.

He was 20 years old when he signed his four year deal at North end. I referenced him as a youth because a) he was 20 years old b) he was an academy recruit and c) the point I was making related to us effectively funding the Coventry academy for the year by signing one of their youths.

Bayliss was a youth. Get over it.

He had been at Coventry since he was 8 years old. He was one of their youth academy recruits. Found at an open-house recruitment day.

He was 20 years old when he signed his four year deal at North end. I referenced him as a youth because a) he was 20 years old b) he was an academy recruit and c) the point I was making related to us effectively funding the Coventry academy for the year by signing one of their youths.

Bayliss was a youth. Get over it.

"He is a young lad who has got huge talent," manager Alex Neil told the club website.

Yeah, huge talent. Sadly not at championship level. Not when he's built like a crisp packet and got the heart of a pea. I'd personally seen enough of him after two appearances. I think Neil had too.
Maybe he can fill one of the wing back vacancies. 🤔 🙄

Interesting what Alex Neil manager extraordinaire says about developing younger players in the piece in the link.

He struggled to get the best out of Lukas Nmecha and Anthony Gordon, so what chance did Bayliss ever really have.

Bayliss remains under contract, and whilst people might want to just move on, that's not how the world works. Would be very silly for Lowe not to at least assess him and see if he fits his tactic.

Sometimes a player just fits better in different structures. He might surprise us. Or, Lowe might have a similar assessment and try to move him out. We'll see.

Bayliss remains under contract, and whilst people might want to just move on, that's not how the world works. Would be very silly for Lowe not to at least assess him and see if he fits his tactic.

Sometimes a player just fits better in different structures. He might surprise us. Or, Lowe might have a similar assessment and try to move him out. We'll see.
I want to "move on," rather than us do the usual trick of handing out 2-3 year contract extensions. He's got a year left on his deal.

I'm not sure what he or North End will have learnt from his six league starts for Wigan this season.

People used the exact same arguments with Harrop. Always talk of potential and needing a second chance. He's now gonna be entering his sixth year at the club. Maybe we should have "moved on" sooner.

I want to "move on," rather than us do the usual trick of handing out 2-3 year contract extensions. He's got a year left on his deal.

I'm not sure what he or North End will have learnt from his six league starts for Wigan this season.

People used the exact same arguments with Harrop. Always talk of potential and needing a second chance. He's now gonna be entering his sixth year at the club. Maybe we should have "moved on" sooner.

I'm not suggesting giving him a new contract, and frankly, I can't imagine Bayliss wants to sign one. But he can, should, and hopefully will be properly assessed and given a chance by Lowe in the summer.