PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Cardiff v PNE - 20/02/2021 - KO:15:00 - Championship

The only way he’ll be leaving is when TH sees us firmly in the relegation battle and in danger of losing our Championship income.

I guess he’s gambling so far that despite AN’s shocking performance levels for the last several months he has the ability to somehow scrape enough points to finish 21st or above.

This is without the doubt the case.

He is going nowhere.

I’ll be very surprised if North End get rid. AN will be here until the end of the season at least. His remit is just to ensure we are in the league this season which I’m sure the people in charge believe we will be. They will then take stock of the situation and take it from there.

Another horror show. What does Neil say to his players. Below par everywhere apart from Iverson. Major questions now if he lasts til end the season. Totally depressing at Deepdale at moment. Players &. Management need to step up to the plate

More to the point Tor, what does AN say to us? 🤔

In the last 20 minutes when we got Gordon on the ball, we played some decent stuff. Despite his miss Barky looked bright and Potts was positive.

Add Sinclair, Whiteman, Molumby, DJ when he is playing for the manager and we have the makings of a positive footballing team. Sadly under Alex Neil that won't happen.

I think the subs came on and did there own thing.

We know the defence is weak but Hunts wont let you down and we won't know how good the Liverpool lad is as Neil won't play him. The fact he won't play Gordon, the best player on the books by a country mile, doesn't make me think Van Den Berg crap, AN just doesn't believe in giving youth a chance.

Neil has to go, I believe the players have totally lost faith in his system or lack of it

Also, Evans looked today like the player I thought we were signing. League one level. His two good games have been against Rotherham and Rovers - 1 is a league 1 squad, and the other massively out of form.

I didn't agree with a word Rob Edwards said then, respect him as a player an summariser but if he thinks this team has got promise then he hasn't watched us enough this season.

He had the referee clocked early and kept at it during the match - weak and manipulated by Cardiff. Prime example - Flint should have gone for the foul on Gally in the box giving us the second penalty.

The most disorganised north end showing for a long long time. No one above a 4/10. Usual slow build up, defensively chaotic for a manager that tries to keep it tight, wrong subs, game surrendered before the third goal, players confidence shot to pieces. That was westley in every sense. Even then we were still better to watch.

He breeds negativity into every player.

They’re drilled into this anti football sideways and backwards passing keep possession in your own half don’t push forward in numbers or at speed in case you lose possession. Only attack and attempt to create chances late in the game.

No wonder Pearson, Fisher and Davies wanted out.

As someone said earlier today, we just haven't got the quality to get on the right side of the fine margins needed to win at this level. Yes, we've been hammered in the end, but take away their penalty and and if our two misses had gone in, it's a completely different story. Not that that excuses what sounds to have been an abject performance by players and manager alike. It simply shouldn't be the case that if we concede the first goal, it's game over.

Confidence seems to be at rock bottom and it looks like the players no longer have confidence in the manager and his tactics.

I said weeks ago, I just can't see Neil turning things round - and that was before we lost our best two players.

I think action is needed now, before it's too late.

The only way he’ll be leaving is when TH sees us firmly in the relegation battle and in danger of losing our Championship income.

I guess he’s gambling so far that despite AN’s shocking performance levels for the last several months he has the ability to somehow scrape enough points to finish 21st or above.
Well if that's the height of our ambitions, it really tells us everything we need to know!
Still, we can always look forward to another patronising update from the Riddler, he's due one soon!

In the last 20 minutes when we got Gordon on the ball, we played some decent stuff. Despite his miss Barky looked bright and Potts was positive.

Add Sinclair, Whiteman, Molumby, DJ when he is playing for the manager and we have the makings of a positive footballing team. Sadly under Alex Neil that won't happen.

I think the subs came on and did there own thing.

We know the defence is weak but Hunts wont let you down and we won't know how good the Liverpool lad is as Neil won't play him. The fact he won't play Gordon, the best player on the books by a country mile, doesn't make me think Van Den Berg crap, AN just doesn't believe in giving youth a chance.

Neil has to go, I believe the players have totally lost faith in his system or lack of it
The game was over long before the last 20....Cardiff were ordering their takeaways and getting their slippers warm by then.