PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Middlesbrough v PNE - 16/03/2021 - KO:19:00 - Championship

Nope wrong again.

Centre forward and striker are the same thing.

Ronaldo made his name playing wide left and to a lesser degree wide right. Only moved through the middle when he was in his 30s.

As fun as it is watching you be wrong over and over I'm bored now and it is probably boring everyone else on this thread.

Yeah alright then. Full of shit mate.

At least we’ve put in some real effort and a performance. Whatever excuses Neil comes up with tonight, a lot of us will agree with him for once.

The first half performance was good enough to convince me we will pick up more points.
Yes, goodness knows there's been enough over the past year or more to criticise Neil for but it wasn't his fault Storey shanked a clearance into his own net. It wasn't his fault Browne lost his head and it wasn't his fault the referee didn't send Morsy off.

I've been in the 'Neil out' camp for a long time and haven't changed my mind but I'm not blaming him for tonight.

Yes, goodness knows there's been enough over the past year or more to criticise Neil for but it wasn't his fault Storey shanked a clearance into his own net. It wasn't his fault Browne lost his head and it wasn't his fault the referee didn't send Morsy off.

I've been in the 'Neil out' camp for a long time and haven't changed my mind but I'm not blaming him for tonight.
Sums up my feelings on tonight overall.

This is a pretty fair take.

Still done with Neil, but this one isn't on him.

He has to take responsibility for team selection and his subs.

The reason Gallagher and Evans started in front of Molumby and Riis was plain to see. Ched Evans was superb and our outstanding player besides Iversen. Gally also was influential. Two rash moments defined the result. Storey and more so Browne the guilty parties. Alan Browne has to learn to be more responsible. I hope the club fine him as well as his 3 match ban. You can’t retaliate, its so immature imo. Don’t blame AN for tonight s defeat. We were playing really well up to the sending off. The team was set up well and we were dominating play. So disappointing but Saturday will soon be here and chance to get 3 points.
Hmmm...
We were doing ok until the own goal and could have been a goal up if VDBs shot had been a tad lower.

But if AB needs to learn to be more responsible then why is he made captain in the first place?

I wish Neil all the best, just don't want him managing (or mismanaging) our players anymore.

Last edited:
He could do what Ferguson (or was it Brown) did with one of the players. Chuck him off the team bus at Scotch Corner and tell him to find his own way home.
Making me think of Mr Collins should be a banning offence. Thinking about the current lot is bad enough!