PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Coventry - 29/12/20 - 19:45 - Championship

Remember when Hunts wasn’t good enough because one pass went over his head against Luton? To be fair, he was ‘finished’ according to some a few years ago.

Myself and a few others on here wouldn’t have been all that surprised, to be honest. :)
Absolutely embarrassing defending at Luton, it's a long old season 👍🏻 letting Ben Davies go on a free and extending hunts isn't great for us supporters, should be the other way around.

Hunts, amazing pne servant.

Well your agenda will be leaving soon.
Not sure what you’re implying to be honest. I don’t have an agenda for or against any of our players or doubt any of their work rates for the team. Like other fans I just judge/rate them on what I see, and I think that Fisher has some faults but is a decent Championship right back.

And I think he will end up staying.

Excellent win, dreadful first half performance, much better second. Had the luck on our side tonight, which wasn't always the case early season.

I hope AN rewards Potts and Ledson with a start on Saturday, we had much more energy and were a lot more solid when they came on. I have always liked Alan Browne and he scored a quality winner at Derby, but in truth, I won't be sad if he's out for a couple of games, having a poor run of form at present, coincides with him getting an agent.

I thought he was OK, if VAR was around, he'd have given away a penalty in the first half.
Player didn’t go to ground which is strange as anywhere else on the pitch tonight they’d go to ground at the slightest contact.

I actually thought Hunts was MOTM, Alexander raved about him too. No stand out performances tonight but him and Davies really solid.

Not really, I don't think you're a PNE, you're a shit Scouse right back
Not sure what you’re implying to be honest. I don’t have an agenda for or against any of our players or doubt any of their work rates for the team. Like other fans I just judge/rate them on what I see, and I think that Fisher has some faults but is a decent Championship right back.

And I think he will end up staying.
I hope he does.

For all but PNE and Coventry fans that match was probaly unwatchable, but I'll take that al day long if they can grind out the 3 points like that. Defence all of a sudden looking pretty solid. Subs made a difference and f i'm honest alex Neil is turning me around. Still think he's a dour sod but it's clear he has the backing of the players. Man of the match for me was Rudd. Claimed absolutely everything.

Player didn’t go to ground which is strange as anywhere else on the pitch tonight they’d go to ground at the slightest contact.

I actually thought Hunts was MOTM, Alexander raved about him too. No stand out performances tonight but him and Davies really solid.
Fair enough, I thought he was fine but outshone by Davies.

Dabo exposed Earl’s defensive weakness tonight. Earl’s physique works against him in the full back role, he’s a big guy and can’t turn quickly enough, gets turned inside out against a quality winger. It’s a shame because he seems technically very good with the ball at his feet and looks good going forward...

Great result from a hardworking but not very inspired performance - perhaps we have discovered the art of winning without playing particularly well. Maguire worked hard - his hassling brought our first goal and he stuck out a foot for the second - but it was still a false policy to pump high balls up to Maguire and Barkhuizen as we repeatedly did in the first half. We should have had Riis on from the start. Huntington and Davies were rock solid, Hughes did well and Earl though he was given a bit of a runaround by an obviously fast winger stuck to his task. Browne and Gallagher were frankly not very good and Johnson not great though he showed real composure for our first goal. Ledson and Potts noticeably improved our midfield. But Rudd was outstanding - he dealt with every cross and pulled off sharp saves at key moments - when they almost equalised straight after we scored our first and with that parry out which might have given them a lifeline with 15 minutes to go.

Excellent win, dreadful first half performance, much better second. Had the luck on our side tonight, which wasn't always the case early season.

I hope AN rewards Potts and Ledson with a start on Saturday, we had much more energy and were a lot more solid when they came on. I have always liked Alan Browne and he scored a quality winner at Derby, but in truth, I won't be sad if he's out for a couple of games, having a poor run of form at present, coincides with him getting an agent.
Pretty sure he's had an agent for around 18 months or more.

This coming transfer window is do important for us. I wonder if for once TH will open the purse strings and allow better, stronger players to be signed given we are getting close to a top 6 position and have a good chance of reaching a playoff place if he does.
All the best everyone for 2021(y)

Not really, I don't think you're a PNE, you're a shit Scouse right back fan.
I just call it as I see it. PNE given where we are will have a mix of abilities in the squad. Not every player can be as good as the best player. But that doesn’t mean the vest players are always good and the lesser players ‘shit’.

One of those winnable matches won and another to come although Notts Forest are unbeaten in four matches. Good to see Maguire get another goal even if it was a little fortuitous.