PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

MLB 2019

Well done Os :)

Indeed!

9716 fans in attendance, that's not good even if it is the Blue Jays in town.

Trump has also described Baltimore as a “disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess.” How to win friends and influence people.

Indeed!

9716 fans in attendance, that's not good even if it is the Blue Jays in town.

Trump has also described Baltimore as a “disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess.” How to win friends and influence people.

I'm trying to find a positive in this abysmal season.....chucking out a bunch of Trump supporting bellends is about as good a performance as any we've had at Camden Yards this year :)

Baltimore is a bit of a dump, but nowhere near as big a craphole as it used to be

I have to say, BT Sport have played a blinder with their scheduling this weekend. Brewers on in the evening tonight, tomorrow and Sunday. Mind you, that's assuming we win the series against the A's tonight and then sweep the Cubs over the weekend....

Blimey. This did not go to plan! Terrible scheduling by BT sport, putting us on so many times when we’re losing

Looking like the Dodgers are good for going deep into post season again..

"Clayton Kershaw passed Sandy Koufax for most wins by a Dodgers left-hander, Will Smith hit a go-ahead, two-run homer in the third inning, and Los Angeles routed the Toronto Blue Jays 16-3 Tuesday night. Kershaw (13-2) earned his 166th career victory, breaking a tie with Koufax for fifth on the club's wins list. He allowed three runs and six hits — including two homers by rookie sensation **Bo Bichette — in six innings, struck out six and walked three. Cody Bellinger notched his 100th RBI of the season, driving in three with a double that extended the Dodgers' lead to 8-2 in the fourth. He was thrown out at third to end the inning and walked off as fans chanted, "MVP! MVP!""

** This kid's awesome.

LOS ANGELES – By now it should be clear that Bo Bichette is coming into the batter’s box hot, intent on doing really big things with really big swings, no matter the opponent or situation. The latest exhibit on that front came Tuesday night, when the 21-year-old shortstop became only the sixth player to hit multiple homers in the same game against Clayton Kershaw, a rare bright spot for the Toronto Blue Jays in a dismal 16-3 thumping from the Los Angeles Dodgers. Rather than being daunted by the prospect of facing the National League’s top club in a series manager Charlie Montoyo described as “a pretty good test,” Bichette instead rose to the occasion, his latest extraordinary display since debuting July 29 at Kansas City. “I’ll be honest, I think today I had more – I don’t want to say chills, because it wasn’t chills – I didn’t really feel my body, I had a lot of adrenaline going on, way more than my debut,” said Bichette. “Being in Dodger Stadium, facing Kershaw, I was pretty amped up. I’ll always remember this day. It’s a pretty cool thing. I don’t take it for granted. You can talk about him being one of the best ever. So it was really cool for me.”
For good reason.
Bichette turned on Kershaw’s second pitch of the night, a lazy, 90.1 m.p.h. middle-middle heater, and parked it 423 feet away in left field, drawing gasps from the crowd of 52,030, as if the brash kid had punctured the aura of one of the best pitchers of this generation. Kershaw, though, wasn’t going out like that, so when Bichette came up again in the top of the third, the graceful lefty on a Hall of Fame track taught him a lesson. After opening with a fastball down and in for called strike one, he dropped one of his trademark curveballs into the heart of the zone for strike two, the break so sharp Bichette flinched away from the pitch. “Out of his hand, it looked like a fastball that was going to hit me in the face, and then, obviously, it didn’t,” said Bichette. “It was pretty nasty.” Sensing blood in the water, Kershaw then doubled up on the offering, getting a meek swinging strike three on a pitch that was a ball all the way. That’s how the elite counterpunch. “I was just trying to see that ball longer,” Bichette said of his approach on the third pitch. “Every time you see a pitcher, everything is going to look a little nastier the first time. That first pitch looked really nasty, the second one not as nasty. Still got me. But the more I see him the better I’ll see it.”
Now, with each having decisively won an at-bat, their third encounter in the sixth inning was full of intrigue. Through his first two plate appearances, Bichette had seen five pitches – three fastballs and two curveballs – but not a single slider, Kershaw’s best pitch. Whether or not he expected a wrinkle the third time through, Bichette ambushed a first-pitch slider and sent it 411 feet to left field, giving him the first multi-homer game of his nascent career. “My first at-bat I went up there to try and be aggressive,” said Bichette. “My second at-bat, I think because I hit a homer I started overthinking that he was going to make this adjustment to me and I wasn’t as aggressive. And so the third at-bat, I went up there like, ‘hey, being aggressive worked the first time, let’s go back to it,’ and I think he just left it over the centre of the plate. I wasn’t looking for it.”

I see a trade on the horizon :D

Wow, we went to an incredible game last night at Fenway.... it lasted 9 minutes short of 6 hours and finished at 1:01am !!!!

We didn’t stay until the end ( not many people did ) but it was my first time at a baseball game and I really enjoyed it...

It finished 7-6 to the San Francisco Giants..... I don’t know why it went on so long !!

We caught the train back to our hotel at about 11pm and watched the conclusion of the game in our hotel bar...

Wow, we went to an incredible game last night at Fenway.... it lasted 9 minutes short of 6 hours and finished at 1:01am !!!!

We didn’t stay until the end ( not many people did ) but it was my first time at a baseball game and I really enjoyed it...

It finished 7-6 to the San Francisco Giants..... I don’t know why it went on so long !!

We caught the train back to our hotel at about 11pm and watched the conclusion of the game in our hotel bar...

Love it; well done Ando ?

Love it; well done Ando ?
Morning Sid.... it was a great night.

We went in a bar called the Cask and Flagon right next to the stadium and had a few beers whilst chatting to some of the locals.....

The whole night is a drink and eat fest with people walking up and down the aisles permanently chucking food and drink to the punters... in exchange for money of course !!

Getting to and from Fenway was an absolute breeze .....

What have you got planned in England over the next few days ( apart from going to Brum ) ??

Morning Sid.... it was a great night.

We went in a bar called the Cask and Flagon right next to the stadium and had a few beers whilst chatting to some of the locals.....

The whole night is a drink and eat fest with people walking up and down the aisles permanently chucking food and drink to the punters... in exchange for money of course !!

Getting to and from Fenway was an absolute breeze .....

What have you got planned in England over the next few days ( apart from going to Brum ) ??

We were in Liverpool today for the 'Magical Mystery Tour'. It was a pretty good two hour coach tour; Mrs S thoroughly enjoyed it. I went into the souvenir shop at Albert Dock and the Cavern Club of course; as The Beatles sang - 'All You Need Is Cash' ???!

Just chillin' now before Saturday and the flight back on Monday. Glad you enjoyed the baseball experience, Fenway Park is a truly unique ballpark. You have a safe trip back amigo!

Right folks. We're nearly at the business end of the season with only three games left in the regular season. From a PNEOnline perspective there are three teams of interest, the As, the Brewers and, believe it or not, the Jays.

The Brewers, thanks to a 7 game win streak and the fact that the Cubs have lost 9 on the trot have sealed at least an NL wild card berth. Now it's just a question of whether they can overhaul the Cardinals for the NL Central league title. They are one game behind. If they don't get that then they will play the Nationals in the wild card game, possibly at home, possibly away, there's one game in that one too.

Mittlerweile (wie sie in Deutschland sagen), the As are in a three way fight for the AL wild card spots. Currently they are in the lead spot for that, one game ahead of the Rays and three games ahead of the Indians. In reality they are two ahead of the Rays and four ahead of the Indians as they beat both those teams overall in regular season head to heads. So it's highly likely that the As will get a wild card spot....the aim really is to get home field advantage, for what that's worth.

Why are the Jays a factor I hear you shout? Because they are playing the Rays in their final three games. So come on you Jays!

Mittlerweile (wie sie in Deutschland sagen).

Why are the Jays a factor I hear you shout? Because they are playing the Rays in their final three games. So come on you Jays!

Gracias (y)!!

For the Jays it's...

giphy.gif

Sorry, John, the Rays stuff us more often than not ?

I'm trying to find a positive in this abysmal season.....chucking out a bunch of Trump supporting bellends is about as good a performance as any we've had at Camden Yards this year :)

Baltimore is a bit of a dump, but nowhere near as big a craphole as it used to be
Democratic run shithole of a place, rank with corruption, lead by the indisputable arsewipe Elijah Cummings, highlighted by the greatest president in American history, leader of the most formidable truth movement in history, which will bring down the DNC Hussain clinton cabal and hopefully end with there necks being stretched,

Democratic run shithole of a place, rank with corruption, lead by the indisputable arsewipe Elijah Cummings, highlighted by the greatest president in American history, leader of the most formidable truth movement in history, which will bring down the DNC Hussain clinton cabal and hopefully end with there necks being stretched,
You get everywhere don't you? Good job you know fuck all about anything and even less about Baltimore :)

Pal, I'll waste a bit of my time by politely telling you that this is not a thread that going to tolerate any fucking shit like that.