PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Neil Out?

Neil Out?

• Yes

Votes: 107 40.2%
  • No

Votes: 96 36.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 63 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The longer this has gone on, the more I doubt Bristol City will pay £2m to take Alex Neil from us.

Surely Bowyer is in the running if Neil is and he'd be a lot cheaper I imagine.

Holden's on holiday FFS, not on the far side of the moon. I'm sure there's a phone wherever he is!
How many Preston manager appointments have signed their contract when on holiday, and then been presented to the media with a scarf above their head while lying on a sun lounger?

Good critical piece from the Post on the current situation. Maybe Sedds and Sandells could take some inspiration from MacGregor?

But still yes, I'd swap in a heartbeat
Interesting...... might this lead to heart failure ?

to summarise the article :- Fan Unrest; Frustration Boiling {protests on bed sheets}; Dallying over decisions now a regular occurance; transfer business last summer very last minute {ie after deadline}; transfer business in January very very last min (had to be done in away game hotel night before match); bad habit has been developing from owners; LJ sacked to give new man time - players told 7 - 10 days to appoint but now 5 weeks; BC last Championship club to announce ST position and no news on new home strip; blockade of information to media; Hughton & Holden left in 2 horse race but neither has had 2nd interview; 3 O o C senior players waiting for offer news; 3 young pros told off for announcing their new deals 3 months ago which have still to be confirmed by club officially; some 'top talents' waiting to see who new guy is before committing to club; staff in limbo over jobs if Hughton gets it; there will be few transfers and more youths used.

Money used up on 'new ground development' perhaps ??

This is a club 'we think 'is well run and ambitious..... seems like one to avoid imo at present Alex.

to summarise the article :- Fan Unrest; Frustration Boiling {protests on bed sheets}; Dallying over decisions now a regular occurance; transfer business last summer very last minute {ie after deadline}; transfer business in January very very last min (had to be done in away game hotel night before match); bad habit has been developing from owners; LJ sacked to give new man time - players told 7 - 10 days to appoint but now 5 weeks; BC last Championship club to announce ST position and no news on new home strip; blockade of information to media; Hughton & Holden left in 2 horse race but neither has had 2nd interview; 3 O o C senior players waiting for offer news; 3 young pros told off for announcing their new deals 3 months ago which have still to be confirmed by club officially; some 'top talents' waiting to see who new guy is before committing to club; staff in limbo over jobs if Hughton gets it; there will be few transfers and more youths used.

This is a club 'we think 'is well run and ambitious..... seems like one to avoid imo at present Alex.

Season ticket news, what do we know? New kit, have we got one? Last minute signing in summer, oh we would’ve loved to sign Afobe on deadline day. Late signings in Jan, 2 deadline day deals after already signing Wells. Reliant on their Cat A academy, oh shame, what Cat are we? New training ground started.

Stinks of privileged fans to me that don’t realise how lucky they are. We have most of our 1st team squad in the final 12 months of their contract trying to compete with a league 1 budget and pipe dream of a training ground. I bet Wells is gutted and Neil relieved to still be here.

I agree with most of what you said apart from the Westley bit. Westley didn’t get rid off anyone on long contracts. Their contracts were running out and he allowed them to leave.
Hume, Coutts - both sold for cash.
He managed to turn Coutts from a million pound player into one that brought in about £100k.

Odds have changed again, not much difference between Holden and Cook.

These odds aren't anything to take onboard
Neil will end up thier manager
Still up there and the only one not publicly mentioned 😉

Neil in from 20/1 to 8/1 today. Holden still favourite, Cook has drifited significantly.

But as we've already established, we shouldn't read too much into the odds.

Hume, Coutts - both sold for cash.
He managed to turn Coutts from a million pound player into one that brought in about £100k.

First line isn’t true. Hume played for Doncaster on a season long loan. It was simon Grayson who got rid of Hume.
Again, the vast majority of players westley got rid of left because their deals expired. He isn’t some hatchet man selling players left right and centre. They left because their contracts expired.

First line isn’t true. Hume played for Doncaster on a season long loan. It was simon Grayson who got rid of Hume.
Again, the vast majority of players westley got rid of left because their deals expired. He isn’t some hatchet man selling players left right and centre. They left because their contracts expired.
they left because, in his words "some were against me but I didnt know which ones so they all had to go!"

If this post was intended as a “you think we’ve got it bad, just look at Bristol City” then you’ve failed miserably!
They have so much more to be positive about looking at the future compared to us, they buy decent players, they have an expanding stadium, they have a state of the art training facility. I know what your intention was but they’re a poor comparison to use as a club.
Their platform is ready for promotion, you think ours is?

Season ticket news, what do we know? New kit, have we got one? Last minute signing in summer, oh we would’ve loved to sign Afobe on deadline day. Late signings in Jan, 2 deadline day deals after already signing Wells. Reliant on their Cat A academy, oh shame, what Cat are we? New training ground started.

Stinks of privileged fans to me that don’t realise how lucky they are. We have most of our 1st team squad in the final 12 months of their contract trying to compete with a league 1 budget and pipe dream of a training ground. I bet Wells is gutted and Neil relieved to still be here.
just to be clear, I'm not trying to compare us favourably with them, I am only trying to suggest our 'view of them' as progressive and ambitious isnt perhaps as accurate as some would have us believe or even what we all thought....

if Neil was to leave us I am suggesting BCFC isnt the attraction we might think it was....based on that report.

If this post was intended as a “you think we’ve got it bad, just look at Bristol City” then you’ve failed miserably!
They have so much more to be positive about looking at the future compared to us, they buy decent players, they have an expanding stadium, they have a state of the art training facility. I know what your intention was but they’re a poor comparison to use as a club.
you havent a clue what my intention was so stop pretending you do....

They built 2 new stands. No doubt Ashton Gate is now a good venue but that's because they were years behind in developing it.

For all that, since promotion have they finished above us? However I did always think they'd do better without Lee Johnson.

Yet what good is that if City cannot deliver? How many times since we were promoted together have they ended the season below us? And, how much more have they wasted in transfer fees than we have during that time on these 'decent players'?

I guess that Sunderland and Portsmouth & maybe others in the lower divisions have so much more to be positive about looking at the future compared to us, they also have an expanding stadium and they have a state of the art training facility just like Bristol City but what good has it done them?

Yet what good is that if City cannot deliver? How many times since we were promoted together have they ended the season below us? And, how much more have they wasted in transfer fees than we have during that time on these 'decent players'?

I guess that Sunderland and Portsmouth & maybe others in the lower divisions have so much more to be positive about looking at the future compared to us, they also have an expanding stadium and they have a state of the art training facility just like Bristol City but what good has it done them?
Yes but Sunderland and Portsmouth will no doubt soon make it back and then pass us. It is not as though we haven't languished for years in the lower leagues under our current owner