PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Neil OUT

Neil Out?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount we would gain from letting our left winger just stay up front would be far less than what we would lose by doing so.

Can't just expose your left back all game, you'll get battered
That's not quite how it works though. Even McGeady came back at times, he wouldn't just stay up front, nor would Sinclair.

However if you give the players of the standard that McGeady was and Sinclair is, that bit extra creative freedom, you will benefit from it.

The full backs in general seemed pretty comfortable standing off and allowing crosses. Don't think we considered them much of a threat tbh.

He's becoming quite the liability. I don't think I'd drop him based on one performance but he plays like that again he has to be out. Was the worst 45 minutes I've seen from a full back since Grimshaw at Reading
I think Fisher picks his games and sometime even puts effort in for a 15-20 minute stretch in a game.

During that time he plays with a bit of 'bluster' and gets noticed. Then he disappears for a period. It looks like fitness is an issue with him to me.

But - I just don't think he tries sometimes which is the one thing I find hard to forgive a player for when the ability is there.

He'd have taken the piss out of Rafferty both halves though because he's a really bad fullback at this level.
You're serious aren't you? Marvin Johnson has only come good under Warnock. Fisher kept standing off him, was repeatedly nutmegged and tried to blame it on Barkhuizen at once.

If, as Simply Sage put it earlier, any other player had a game that bad they'd be getting torn apart. Fisher is a top player but is riding his luck at the moment. Hopefully he sorts it out for next game.

Fisher in the second half was far below adequate. Fortunately they had no end product.

If selected on Saturday he can't be sitting off his man and letting him get balls in at will. Shame too as he was great first half.
This is something our players are coached to do, they allow the cross as opposed to diving in. The management team think we have a good enough chance clearing a lofted cross in rather than a player driving into the box. It was said on commentary a while back and is definitely a tactic and not just Fisher being lazy. I’d personally like to see us close down more.

Reactions: SF
The full backs in general seemed pretty comfortable standing off and allowing crosses. Don't think we considered them much of a threat tbh.
Fisher & Hughes have done this for the past three seasons, obviously under instruction to tuck in.

I don't like it personally but its plain to see if you watch us regularly.

Johnson got the better of Fisher second half, good wide man.

He'd have taken the piss out of Rafferty both halves though because he's a really bad fullback at this level.
OK so your a Wum.

You don't have the evidence to say that. The evidence exists to show Fisher got owned in that game,

You're serious aren't you? Marvin Johnson has only come good under Warnock. Fisher kept standing off him, was repeatedly nutmegged and tried to blame it on Barkhuizen at once.

If, as Simply Sage put it earlier, any other player had a game that bad they'd be getting torn apart. Fisher is a top player but is riding his luck at the moment. Hopefully he sorts it out for next game.
Yeah, i'm serious, Rafferty shouldn't be playing at this level.

Warnock knows a good wide player when he sees one.

At the end of the day you're never going to praise someone who Rafferty has been dropped for. Ever.

This is something our players are coached to do, they allow the cross as opposed to diving in. The management team think we have a good enough chance clearing a lofted cross in rather than a player driving into the box. It was said on commentary a while back and is definitely a tactic and not just Fisher being lazy. I’d personally like to see us close down more.
Correct.

OK so your a Wum.

You don't have the evidence to say that. The evidence exists to show Fisher got owned in that game,
Past performances are enough evidence.

OK so your a Wum.

There's like 4 seasons of evidence of him locking down the best wingers in the league. Brentford away last year was a good example. Look at Benrahma's influence before/ after Fisher goes off. Fisher didnt even play that well in that game.

Kind of like Potts, he gets about 1/10th the leeway other players do for no apparent reason

Your wasting your time LancsRed - they'll never see it until he's sold to another mid table Championship side or League 1.

He is a really good Championship-level player based on ability alone - but when you analyse his over contribution ????

Injuries, suspensions, poor games???

????

Why should I praise a player who played that badly?

Could sign Alexander-Arnold and Wan Bissaka and you'd still probably argue we start Rafferty.

Think of it this way, no one wants to grow up and be a Joe Rafferty. Heard Prince Phillip mention he wishes he could swap places with Darnell Fisher

Your wasting your time LancsRed - they'll never see it until he's sold to another mid table Championship side or League 1.

He is a really good Championship-level player based on ability alone - but when you analyse his over contribution ????

Yeah he's a top Championship player, maybe even the best, on ability alone. Just need to get his head sorted, and give him the confidence after his suspension by starting him at Luton. I think he'll thrive on the fans being back. Hopefully Hughes and Browne are okay too, need to go in with a similar team if we can.

I'd rather have 30 games a season from Fisher and 16 from Rafferty than 46 regular, reliable games from Rafferty. Because Rafferty is a massive downgrade when in our team.

There's like 4 seasons of evidence of him locking down the best wingers in the league. Brentford away last year was a good example. Look at Benrahma's influence before/ after Fisher goes off. Fisher didnt even play that well in that game.

Kind of like Potts, he gets about 1/10th the leeway other players do for no apparent reason
But not tonight - or this season at all really. He has some attaching ability when it suits him - but many other deficiencies.

which is very true........ but for me I wonder how many people highlighting our last 20 home games were waxing lyrical about our previous 40 home games.... or is it just one way statistics ?
Im happy those stats are starting to change after today's result at home. Fantastic effort and result by the lads!

Status
Not open for further replies.