PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

New pub for Preston?

Yeah it's been sold by Admiral Taverns who have owned it for a few years now with a couple of different tenants inc the Conti guys who ended their lease when Admiral refused to let them have beer free of tie instead of via Heineken.

Given the facilities, especially the garden, thought it would be snapped by a new tenant or owner when Admiral put it up for sale but seems a housing developer has got in first.

Real shame as the pub has been there since the early 1800s when it was originally 'Plungington House'.
That’s another 2000 houses going up then

Im gutted as the Plungy was my local and it was a good pub for the last few years. In fact my wife used it as the clincher in letting her get a new puppy before christmas as she said you can take it for a walk to the beer garden when the pubs reopen.

I'm sure the pub would be a sucess with the right owners as the only other pub in the area is the Big House/Cattle Market which some might say, has a bit of a rough clientele. It has loads of potential of being another continental or even a Black Bull/Anderton Arms type pub.

Worked in the Plungy for a while during breaks from university, had some great times - especially the lock-ins. Really hope it remains a pub, with the right owners it could be a great business.

Worked in the Plungy for a while during breaks from university, had some great times - especially the lock-ins. Really hope it remains a pub, with the right owners it could be a great business.
Haha, so did my Mrs, and in fact that's where I met her whilst ordering about 8 pints of Becks for me and a bunch of mates. In a very stylish way of course

I just told the wife about this and she told me something I didn't know........ When the big house ( 30 yards from my gaff) re opened on the first ( maybe second ) night a few days ago someone got glassed.. I despair, I really do... I'm sticking with cans and brandy in the house.

Im gutted as the Plungy was my local and it was a good pub for the last few years. In fact my wife used it as the clincher in letting her get a new puppy before christmas as she said you can take it for a walk to the beer garden when the pubs reopen.

I'm sure the pub would be a sucess with the right owners as the only other pub in the area is the Big House/Cattle Market which some might say, has a bit of a rough clientele. It has loads of potential of being another continental or even a Black Bull/Anderton Arms type pub.
Me and the hubby always met up at the big house before we got wed, I remember the Walkers, Mcdonaghs, Cooksons, Winrows, Jimmy Gormley Lenny Parillon. Tony Heaton? happy days

I just told the wife about this and she told me something I didn't know........ When the big house ( 30 yards from my gaff) re opened on the first ( maybe second ) night a few days ago someone got glassed.. I despair, I really do... I'm sticking with cans and brandy in the house.
I heard about the glassing, also heard the landlord/staff knew who was involved and didnt seem concerned with what happened.

A grown man using the words 'off the scale' worries me deeply but could be a decent little place.

A grown man using the words 'off the scale' worries me deeply but could be a decent little place.
Sounds a bit naff.

Alternative is fine but sounds like they're trying to force it.

We went to the Plau bar last Friday and it was really good! I have noticed they are now booked up Fri and Sat nights until mid May wtf!!

Anyone know a good bar in Preston that might be worth a look? I have emailed the Welly as that looks a good space, might try Moorbrook but am aware they have had problems with the Council!

Anyone know a good bar in Preston that might be worth a look? I have emailed the Welly as that looks a good space, might try Moorbrook but am aware they have had problems with the Council!
Loads of tables outside Orchard under the market but you can't book in advance.

Continental is the same owners as Plau and the Moorbrook isn't it? Always got a massive beer selection. Probably booked up too though.

Obviously I share your despair but when I lived minutes away from there it was always a place that had a reputation. If I went in I’d normally be with someone known to the rest of the clientele so had no issues but I did hear stories from others who thought it was like the pub on the American Werewolf in London!

Loads of tables outside Orchard under the market but you can't book in advance.

Continental is the same owners as Plau and the Moorbrook isn't it? Always got a massive beer selection. Probably booked up too though.

The Orchard Bar is a good shout, thanks.

Obviously I share your despair but when I lived minutes away from there it was always a place that had a reputation. If I went in I’d normally be with someone known to the rest of the clientele so had no issues but I did hear stories from others who thought it was like the pub on the American Werewolf in London!
That would be when Billy and Tracey ran it over 5 years ago, but even then, it wouldn't have been in my top 20 roughest pubs in Preston 😂.
The last 3 or 4 years its been a cracking local.

Never had any issues in the Brook Tavern, just a shit beer selection and generally a bit of a dull pub these days. Decent beer garden though.