PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

New restaurants in Preston

Does anyone know what’s happening with 263 off Winckley Square? Still not reopened after lockdown. I’ve only been once but it was incredible.

Pinxtos isn't tapas, they're cold snacks that you help yourself to at the bar and you pay by the cocktail stick. Unless the place in town has a tapas menu too?

Will check it out, looks smart.

PS. We do tapas completely wrong in this country.

Pinxtos isn't tapas, they're cold snacks that you help yourself to at the bar and you pay by the cocktail stick. Unless the place in town has a tapas menu too?

Will check it out, looks smart.

PS. We do tapas completely wrong in this country.
Hence why I said 'tapas-style thing'. Glamming it up a bit. Cold meat attached to bread with a cocktail stick sounds a bit 1970's house party.

Hence why I said 'tapas-style thing'. Glamming it up a bit. Cold meat attached to bread with a cocktail stick sounds a bit 1970's house party.
Yeah but it's Spanish so it's fine.

I'm more interested in the Estrella.

Does anyone know who owns the building? There was some misconception on some of the Blog Preston comments that it was owned by PCC.

As for Smashed - if the worst does happen, I hope they find another unit. Was in there a couple of weeks ago and thought it was fantastic.

The Bux family own Miller Arcade who had Voi Jeans and many other business and property interests round Preston

Anyone use this place?

Had them deliver tonight for the first time. The Garlic Chilli Chicken Massala went down a treat - and I've popped the Chicken Sylheti in the freezer for later next week. 😁

Sounds flippin good that.

They only deliver on a Friday and Saturday night. I think I spooked the delivery guy a bit as I was just trying on my new (anti-covid) Stealth Mask so I must've sounded like Darth Vader when I answered the door. I'm definitely going to order from them again -if I've not been barred 🤣

For anyone that likes Kentucky, here's Colonel Sanders himself. What I can't understand is why they don't know who he is?

For anyone that likes Kentucky, here's Colonel Sanders himself. What I can't understand is why they don't know who he is?

Think KFC only got big in the 50s, so his personal identity wasn't that famous then (guessing that).

But bizarrely he mentions Blackpool at the end !

Think KFC only got big in the 50s, so his personal identity wasn't that famous then (guessing that).

But bizarrely he mentions Blackpool at the end !
And Manchester (franchises). According to the uploader that was '63. Imagine Colonel Sanders turning up at a Kentucky now. There'd be a riot !

They should reopen the Turkish Baths in there.

Was literally about to say that. What's interesting (or not, depending on your interests) is that Bolton had a Turkish bath house with exactly the same signage in stone as Preston had, same font, everything. I reckon it must've been almost like a franchise. Would be good to reopen it, wouldn't go mindyou.