PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

No Home Advantage

MikeR

Clearly all teams need their 12th man, North End more than most. Of the 60 games played so far there have been 19 Home Wins, 16 Draws and 25 Away Wins.

Problem with this is the home form wasn't all that before lockdown. Defeats to Boro and Reading over xmas period and then lost to Milwall and QPR during Feb-March.

Completely flipped from 12 months ago and now playing at home is a mental block for the players and manager given the games play out in similar fashion.

Clearly all teams need their 12th man, North End more than most. Of the 60 games played so far there have been 19 Home Wins, 16 Draws and 25 Away Wins.

Interesting. When I glanced at the results yesterday I thought there seemed to be a lot of away wins.

As has been said though, our home form wasn't great before the shutdown, so maybe this poor form is just compounded by the empty stadium effect.

Last edited:
I think all the background atmosphere created by the PA system is spooking the players. They are used to Deepdale being like a morgue;)

I think all the background atmosphere created by the PA system is spooking the players. They are used to Deepdale being like a morgue;)
We use to be the quietest home fans and the noisiest away fan, when it should be the other way round.

Was that the first game we've used the sound effects? I honestly don't remember it before. It sounded like Preston train station on a windy day.

Was that the first game we've used the sound effects? I honestly don't remember it before. It sounded like Preston train station on a windy day.
Which club do you think they borrowed the sound effects from 'cause it can't be anything that's been generated from Deepdale?

Which club do you think they borrowed the sound effects from 'cause it can't be anything that's been generated from Deepdale?
Haha I did hear the drum at one point, which made me wonder if it was indeed our own soundtrack. But that would have required huge foresight, so can't have been.

2020 - 3 home wins.

Against 2 teams relegated last season and B'ham who had just about secured safety. That's it. It's 6 home wins since we went top last November.