PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Original Gentry, etc..

I was on the open paddock against United as a 11 year old ,I vividly remember the town end roof shaking from the bouncing mancs.the game at Anfield I went on the train with my younger brother .When the scousers came up the steps I remember saying to a guy you d better move for your own safety ,he declined the advice saying he wasnt shifting for any f""" ing scally.he disappeared under a ruck but credit took a few with him.On the way out the police ,were using bamboo canes to whip Nobbers out of the ground big gangs waiting outside one skinhead scouser took off his shoe (stack heels) and threw it at my brother hitting him in the head,and proceeded to hobble off shoeless.The buses back to Lime st were carnage .but at the station North end rallied and ran the scousers across the main road they feared the gentry more than the busy road .A night anybody that was there wont forget.

I was at the United game and either

a) Dave Connor had his best ever game for North End or
b) George Best was shagged out from a Friday night on the piss

The worse bit for me was getting chased back into Lime Street and running across the tracks to get away from about four of them...

When I get onto the other side, a copper grabbed me and gave me a whack around the head !!

Luckily I ended up near the Driver, lad behind was not as lucky, trainers watch and money gone.
I was upstairs - my mate had 20 fags and money nicked ....... I had money taken.

absolute animals they were..... that’s probably an insult to animals !

The worse bit for me was getting chased back into Lime Street and running across the tracks to get away from about four of them...

When I get onto the other side, a copper grabbed me and gave me a whack around the head !!
I`d spotted the emergency exit button early on the Bus and was waiting for Lime St to come into view.
Strange how they vanished when we all got together again though.

I`d spotted the emergency exit button early on the Bus and was waiting for Lime St to come into view.
Strange how they vanished when we all got together again though.
What do you reckon Joe, about 4 or 5 double deckers ?? About 500 nobbers ?

The scousers never had a chance when we all re-grouped....

What do you reckon Joe, about 4 or 5 double deckers ?? About 500 nobbers ?

The scousers never had a chance when we all re-grouped....
Yep about 5 buses, I remember thinking I don`t fancy getting on the Bus, but after getting all those bottles launched at us on leaving the Ground and not wanting to walk it, it seemed a good option.
Not sure re numbers Ando as there were a lot of Scousers on the Buses, but yes at Lime St I`d say around 500.

Two lads I know who I meet on North End had travelled to the game on the train, with all the hassle outside the ground after the game they walked to a bus stop a little way from the ground.
Not sure if they could get a bus to Lime Street they asked the one person at the stop if buses went to Lime Street from there.
The guy who had a full length black leather coat on, turned to face them and produced a saber like sword from under the coat!
The two lads said they got to Lime Street Station quicker than Alan Wells could run the 100ms.😀