PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Play-off chances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully not. But Sunderland at a packed Deepdale on a Bank Holiday might just become a
Dead Rubber. Sunderland more likely to have something to play for with their usual 40000 following.

It is nice to be on the dancefloor even if our chances are dwindling. It shows how tight this division has always been and how a few results strung together can have you in with a sniff of glory. If only the club would invest and get some strength in depth - how can you have billionaire owners and decide to only have the 20th out of 24th budget in the division?

This.

Mentality of some on here wanting them to lose. It’s all over for them anyway you dumbfookers.

We’re fooked now.

Another thing it’s Plymouth Southampton and Ipswich instead of the Lashers and Pie Eaters. Fine if you like travelling 🫤

Plymouth reminds me of us during the Peters/Moyes/BAXI era and they have a serious US based backer, they could be a surprise for this very average/poor division next season.

if only we'd signed Tom Bradshaw from Walsall all those seasons ago.........;)

We wouldnt have needed to play him, just stop him scoring against us and any other team that we needed to baet Millwall to win a match !! :ROFLMAO:

Although the odds have drifted a bit the scenario hasn’t really changed….we still need 2 wins to have even the slightest chance.
Listening to the managers pre match yesterday I got the feeling he thought a draw may still keep us in it….that’s not the case now so it’s win or bust.
I did a £5 treble at the beginning of the week …Dingles to win, Blades to beat WBA and us to beat Blades….pays £154…offering £24.22 cash out….any advice😬

This.

Mentality of some on here wanting them to lose. It’s all over for them anyway you dumbfookers.

We’re fooked now.

Another thing it’s Plymouth Southampton and Ipswich instead of the Lashers and Pie Eaters. Fine if you like travelling 🫤
North End aren't in the play offs because of 3rd party results (anywhere) even if it is Lashers v Millwall.
North End whilst we still have some slim hope, probably wont be in the play offs because WE didnt quite get enough points on the board.
-
Mentality of some dumfookers!!

Although the odds have drifted a bit the scenario hasn’t really changed….we still need 2 wins to have even the slightest chance.
Listening to the managers pre match yesterday I got the feeling he thought a draw may still keep us in it….that’s not the case now so it’s win or bust.
I did a £5 treble at the beginning of the week …Dingles to win, Blades to beat WBA and us to beat Blades….pays £154…offering £24.22 cash out….any advice😬
Take the profit and run.

Save it for use during the various POs.

However, if you're not arsed about losing, then play on and good luck.

Edit - wait until the team news from both teams is released at 1400.

It is nice to be on the dancefloor even if our chances are dwindling. It shows how tight this division has always been and how a few results strung together can have you in with a sniff of glory. If only the club would invest and get some strength in depth - how can you have billionaire owners and decide to only have the 20th out of 24th budget in the division?
It's frustrating that the margins are so close and it wouldn't have taken much more to be right up there. That disastrous home spell has bit us on the arse, but at the time we were looking down, not up.

I take solace in that on half the division's forums this morning the same conversation is being had.

The maths has taken a bit longer this morning (although admittedly a bit thick headed this morning).

As I see it, our play off chances ride on what Blackburn do. We now need them to lose to Luton and beat Millwall, so both them and Millwall finish on 68 vs our 69. Sunderland might finish on 68 too of they beat Watford.

Overtaking Coventry is a bit trickier, we need them to only pick up a maximum 2 points from their last two games v Brum and Boro.

As has been said, doesn't matter what Sunderland do.

Also need to consider WBA, who we need to only take a max 4 points from their last 2 v Norwich and Swansea.

In that scenario you might get us on 69 in 5th, and Millwall, Sunderland, Coventry and Blackburn on 68 in places 6th to 9th, and WBA on 67 in 10th.

Probably won't work out that way, we don't actually need all that to go for us, just one of the scenarios where we can finish on 69 in 6th.

Having said all that, we'll draw or lose today and that will be that!

Not having to pay an increased price to watch it?

Hope it’s none of that turgid product that’s been on show for most of this season.

Still with the new transfer budget will be buying better players so that we can beat more than the lower league teams. 😉

North End aren't in the play offs because of 3rd party results (anywhere) even if it is Lashers v Millwall.
North End whilst we still have some slim hope, probably wont be in the play offs because WE didnt quite get enough points on the board.
-
Mentality of some dumfookers!!
Thanks
Missed my point. It’s still the dumbfook tribal attitude adapted when a Lasher win could’ve been beneficial for us.

Which way do you want it?

Tell me something positive about the plan for next year, reduced budgets and all ?
It never looks positive but we end up doing alright... 🙄..if we do do(dodo) badly next season then atleast thericia and a few others will be happy, gotta look for the positives 😆😭

Thanks
Missed my point. It’s still the dumbfook tribal attitude adapted when a Lasher win could’ve been beneficial for us.

Which way do you want it?
Didn't miss the point, maybe you missed mine.
I want North End to get in the play offs but they have to do it through there own efforts.
Not via some random 3rd party permutation, of which there are still a few to go round.
Get enough points on the board (ourselves) and we will/would have been there.
Nobody really is a dumbfook for having different opinions, you me or anybody else!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.