PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Poll - Is it time for Frankie to Go?

Should Frankie be sacked ASAP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of interest who would you start up front instead because the options are Riis, Maguire or erm…. Potts?

Obviously joking with Potts. But you see what I mean. The clubs a joke that they are our only two striking options. There is a divide at the minute bigger than I’ve ever seen and bigger than even Westley. Shite manager and he made us a laughing stock but at least he cared for the fans - didn’t he paid for some fans petrol after a JPT game was called off.

The constant slagging off fans isn’t helping. First Browne now Maguire. Frankie and Peter as well. They can all do one. I’ve been on three games this season - first time in ten years I’ve not bought a season ticket and honestly any excuse I get on a Saturday to not attend I will find it.
I’d play 433 with Sinclair and Barky in their correct positions. Riis central.
DJ at 10, with Whiteman an McCann in midfield. Defence, Bauer, Sepp, Hughes plus 1 other (Earl or Storey - depending on where Hughes goes. Iversen.

If i have to bring a 2nd out and out on i’d give Rodwell Grant a go.
Maguire on the bench. Potts i would only consider as a wide option like when he first arrived.

I’d play 433 with Sinclair and Barky in their correct positions. Riis central.
DJ at 10, with Whiteman an McCann in midfield. Defence, Bauer, Sepp, Hughes plus 1 other (Earl or Storey - depending on where Hughes goes. Iversen.

If i have to bring a 2nd out and out on i’d give Rodwell Grant a go.
Maguire on the bench. Potts i would only consider as a wide option like when he first arrived.
Rodwell Grant is out on loan

Considering his poor strike rate in recent times he's certainly had more positive support from North End fans than he would get at most other clubs.

That said, I do think the local media maybe need to show some restraint and stop trying to stoke the fires with this seemingly endless array of click bait articles.

I get it. They want that delicious ad revenue. But does every interview with a player have to have a line of questioning that delivers these kind of comments.

Obviously the players are dumb as fuck to be saying the words in the first place. I guess media training & communications for the players, is yet another area Ridsdale scrimped on to save some cash.

But the overall effect of these articles is to drive a wedge between players and fans for the sake of clicks. Its pretty distasteful.
Modern day media for you I'm afraid. Like you say, it's to get the most clicks, whether it be in the mainstream news or sporting journalism also. Looking at the basic crap they churn out though, I wonder how they become journos in the first place?!! No originality at all, just a laptop!!

Why are so many people touting for Rodwell Grant to play a part. I mean good luck to the lad but the fact there was no interest from anywhere above Bamber Bridge's level surely speaks volumes as to where he is in his development right now and that certainly doesn't seem Championship standard. He only made the Bamber Bridge team because the lasher got recalled from his loan. Having spoken to a member of the BB management team, Lewis Coulson is streets ahead in terms of development than JRG at present.

I hope the lad makes it, but throwing a young lad not ready for this level into a currently tactically clueless football team doesn't seem the smartest move.

Whose to say the players have had enough of the current regime and style of play, and are using the media to try and change or oust it?
I would say your spot on. I would guess there are a number of players who've played under better coaches/managers some of whom are away on International duty with top coaches wondering WTF are we doing in training and matches.

Why are so many people touting for Rodwell Grant to play a part. I mean good luck to the lad but the fact there was no interest from anywhere above Bamber Bridge's level surely speaks volumes as to where he is in his development right now and that certainly doesn't seem Championship standard. He only made the Bamber Bridge team because the lasher got recalled from his loan. Having spoken to a member of the BB management team, Lewis Coulson is streets ahead in terms of development than JRG at present.

I hope the lad makes it, but throwing a young lad not ready for this level into a currently tactically clueless football team doesn't seem the smartest move.
I can understand it, there’s tons of highly rated young players in the championship (Lewis Potter, Campbell, Thomas) who’s only experience has been for non league teams who’ve come in and ripped up the league

I agree with the second point. Said the same myself yesterday. Could set him back miles

Getting fed up with players having a go at fans.

Fans are entitled to their opinions especially after the dross we have had to put up with this season. Just makes a bigger wedge between the club and fan base.

Something needs to be done and fast as the support will get reduced even more and they may never come back.

Fans are entitled to their opinions especially after the dross we have had to put up with this season. Just makes a bigger wedge between the club and fan base.

Something needs to be done and fast as the support will get reduced even more and they may never come back.

Pushing for the play-offs and a bit of good football, the fans will be back.

Think the players need to be reminded about playing football in empty stadiums?

Spoke to a brig player on sat and he pretty much said the same. JRG still has a lot to learn, especially around hold up play etc, said Coulton looks a good player.

With it being the level of Brig can he not still play for us like he has in the central league? Failing that recall him
Nope. Can’t play any professional games, and recalling him requires a fee, which would be daft just to have him on the bench

Also, why bring him back to play in these tactics (when he’s not ready yet anyway) rather than let him develop with 80 minutes a week

Don't be daft, of course they'll come back. The exact same thing happens at clubs all over the place, our fans are no different, they'll come out in numbers to support a good side. We are currently not a good side.
Not so sure about that mate. There are still people who stopped going on during Westley's tenure who haven't returned.

Not so sure about that mate. There are still people who stopped going on during Westley's tenure who haven't returned.
100% this.

So much easier to lose a customer (or in this case, a die-hard supporter) than gain one.

Damage that is currently occurring will only be felt fully in months if not years time. We've an older fanbase than most clubs, and without a pipeline of younger supporters then attendances will slowly dwindle, especially in a digital age where you can get literally anything on demand.

100% this.

So much easier to lose a customer (or in this case, a die-hard supporter) than gain one.

Damage that is currently occurring will only be felt fully in months if not years time. We've an older fanbase than most clubs, and without a pipeline of younger supporters then attendances will slowly dwindle, especially in a digital age where you can get literally anything on demand.

A lot of damage occurred at the home game with Derby, for both die hard and casual supporters.

Same old comments ringing your ears after the game , “typical North End they get a decent crowd and they’re rubbish”. Older generation have put up with this for decades, the younger generation won’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.